It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Let's pick our battles Rick. I trolled Bear fans here after that incident because it was very easy to get them riled up, but let's not question his toughness. The guy was bad and set the Bears franchise back a decade with that trade, and Frank is behind only spanky and veganfan(sorry rfdc, you come fourth but not for lack of trying) in terms of apologizing for Cutler, but he was a tough player and would have played through that if he could. The Rivers injury, iirc, had a longer timetable for recovery but was also easier to play on in the moment.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't know how bad it really was
This is all that needs to be said. Only the doctors knew how bad it was.

Why do you not point the finger at the Bears but solely at Cutler? There are MANY things to bash Jay about. That injury isn't one of them, and that is the end of it.
Point at them for what? He had at best a minor knee strain that required no medical intervention. It wasn't an injury that would immediately rule you out of the game and the Bears didn't do that. You used the word tear, which was wrong, and you said that not even a warrior would have played on it and I provided at least one example of a qb who played with a worse one. It's not like I was looking for a chance to call Jay Cutler out for not going back into that game. I haven't even said he should have. RGIII went back in with a bad knee injury and it was a dumb decision.

It just wasn't a tear and some quarterbacks would have returned to the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't know how bad it really was
This is all that needs to be said. Only the doctors knew how bad it was.

Why do you not point the finger at the Bears but solely at Cutler? There are MANY things to bash Jay about. That injury isn't one of them, and that is the end of it.
Point at them for what? He had at best a minor knee strain that required no medical intervention. It wasn't an injury that would immediately rule you out of the game and the Bears didn't do that. You used the word tear, which was wrong, and you said that not even a warrior would have played on it and I provided at least one example of a qb who played with a worse one. It's not like I was looking for a chance to call Jay Cutler out for not going back into that game. I haven't even said he should have. RGIII went back in with a bad knee injury and it was a dumb decision.

It just wasn't a tear and some quarterbacks would have returned to the game.

This is why you got called Dr. Rick. You do not know this nor did you. You have no idea the degree of strain, the amount of pain (or maybe none) or the degree of instability of his knee at that time. Cutler certainly was not Big Ben tough in hs career but he wasn't some pussy looking to get out of the game.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Let's pick our battles Rick. I trolled Bear fans here after that incident because it was very easy to get them riled up, but let's not question his toughness. The guy was bad and set the Bears franchise back a decade with that trade, and Frank is behind only spanky and veganfan(sorry rfdc, you come fourth but not for lack of trying) in terms of apologizing for Cutler, but he was a tough player and would have played through that if he could. The Rivers injury, iirc, had a longer timetable for recovery but was also easier to play on in the moment.
I'm not questioning his toughness. We just don't need to make it more than it was. It wasn't a tear. It's an injury that many quarterbacks would have at least attempted to play on. The only thing I've ever held against him about that game is how horrible he was in it.

Cutler was tough. Almost all quarterbacks are tough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 am 

pittmike wrote:
This is why you got called Dr. Rick. You do not know this nor did you. You have no idea the degree of strain, the amount of pain (or maybe none) or the degree of instability of his knee at that time. Cutler certainly was not Big Ben tough in hs career but he wasn't some pussy looking to get out of the game.
It was a minor knee strain. This is a fact. He was pictured out walking around by Wednesday. He required no surgery. He rode a bike on the sidelines. It was a minor knee strain.

That isn't questioning his toughness either to simply use correct terms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
It was a minor knee strain. This is a fact. He was pictured out walking around by Wednesday. He required no surgery. He rode a bike on the sidelines. It was a minor knee strain.

Just seems like you're fighting an unnecessary battle. Bears were losing that game either way because he wasn't a good QB and his backups weren't. The trade set them back a decade because he wasn't a good QB. That game is a minor footnote in the disappointment of his Bears tenure as QB.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I must have missed the broadcast news of the minor strain. Regardless, strains and his not playing likely had to with stability rather than pain threshold.

As far as this thread is concerned I do not really think Cutler would have played better than McMahon. I wonder if he would have stayed clear of the injuries Mac had and had more opportunity to play. Bottom line is Cutler failed for what the Bears and fans expected in his own chance.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I must have missed the broadcast news of the minor strain. Regardless, strains and his not playing likely had to with stability rather than pain threshold.

As far as this thread is concerned I do not really think Cutler would have played better than McMahon. I wonder if he would have stayed clear of the injuries Mac had and had more opportunity to play. Bottom line is Cutler failed for what the Bears and fans expected in his own chance.

Im obviously not an older guy but anyone taking Hampton's side in this I think has to be a younger guy who is dumb and just looks at stats or an older guy who is just plain dumb with no excuse.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:57 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Just seems like you're fighting an unnecessary battle. Bears were losing that game either way because he wasn't a good QB and his backups weren't. The trade set them back a decade because he wasn't a good QB. That game is a minor footnote in the disappointment of his Bears tenure as QB.

Probably, but it beats talking about the roided out freaks hitting juiced balls out of the park a lot by being thrown easy pitches!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Probably, but it beats talking about the roided out freaks hitting juiced balls out of the park a lot by being thrown easy pitches!

Agree. The baseball section embarrassed itself with that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 am 

The score just told me during an update that the HR Derby had its highest ratings since 2002 or something. It must be a big deal and need to be discussed at least as much as NBA summer league.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

"MCL sprain. That's what the injury was," Bears coach Lovie Smith said. "We knew that. We had an idea at the time that that's what it was, and that's what we're saying now."

The Bears didn't disclose the severity of Cutler's sprain, but the Chicago Sun-Times reported it is a Grade II tear. According to ESPN.com injury analyst Stephania Bell, who has not examined Cutler, all sprains could be tears since there is some form of tissue damage.

How badly Cutler was really hurt and whether he should have played anyway was hotly debated after the Bears quarterback left in the third quarter of a 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"If things had gone our way and we had made it to the Super Bowl, it would have been questionable if he could have gone in," Smith said.

"Jay was hurt," Urlacher said. "I don't question his toughness. He's tough as hell. He's one of the toughest guys on our football team. He doesn't bitch. He doesn't complain when he gets hit. He goes out there and plays his ass off every Sunday. He practices every single day. So, no, we don't question his toughness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 pm 

:lol:

He was out shopping on Wednesday!

But yeah he would have missed the Super Bowl two weeks later with a knee injury that didn't even stop him from riding a bike at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:51 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But yeah he would have missed the Super Bowl two weeks later with a knee injury that didn't even stop him from riding a bike at the time.

You are Cutler's Beardown. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Would that make you Trump's Beardown?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Would that make you Trump's Beardown?

I wouldn't put my level of emotional investment in that level.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 pm 

In all seriousness, why do you get so worked up every time I mention Cutler? This is a thread about him and Beardown has said far more outrageous things about Cutler than I have in here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
In all seriousness, why do you get so worked up every time I mention Cutler? This is a thread about him and Beardown has said far more outrageous things about Cutler than I have in here.

I think it's pretty outrageous for you to feel like you know better than Urlacher and Lovie did.

If you have ever sprained a knee while playing QB, then please do share with the rest of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I do not get worked up. I think it is mildly entertaining your level of dislike and perseverance/consistency in hating Cutler. I say he was a mistake in hindsight like many but you have led the wish for him to be gone like 5 years at least.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think it's pretty outrageous for you to feel like you know better than Urlacher and Lovie did.

If you have ever sprained a knee while playing QB, then please do share with the rest of us.

I think it was his guy Bernsie, the orthopedic specialist, that informed us all sprains are in fact some level of tear years ago.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I do not get worked up. I think it is mildly entertaining your level of dislike and perseverance/consistency in hating Cutler. I say he was a mistake in hindsight like many but you have led the wish for him to be gone like 5 years at least.

I was leading the charge to run this buster out of town before he got here, I knew the trade sucked immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't disagree with Lovie or Urlacher. Cutler would have played in the Super Bowl though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

All hypothetical here, do you believe Big Ben or Brady play through that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 pm 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I was leading the charge to run this buster out of town before he got here, I knew the trade sucked immediately.

That is true.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:11 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yes, I was right about Cutler. You got me.

I pretty much only mention Cutler when people like Frank and Beardown try and rewrite his history. I am glad he is gone though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:11 pm 

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

All hypothetical here, do you believe Big Ben or Brady play through that?

I don't know about Brady but I have seen Ben play through tons of pain and injury. I think it really depends on stability or the ability to use the leg for the QB job. I have seen been sit because a wobbly leg is not going to work.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I pretty much only mention Cutler when people like Frank and Beardown try and rewrite his history. I am glad he is gone though.

I always enjoy reading you here. One of my particular favorites was the entire theme you had about no team can win without drafting a high first round QB or something like that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I always enjoy reading you here. One of my particular favorites was the entire theme you had about no team can win without drafting a high first round QB or something like that.
You don't read well do you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You don't read well do you?

Were you not of the belief that the Bears needed to draft a QB in the first round with a first round grade? Also, opining that outside of the very top of the first round they were unlikely to be successful?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I pretty much only mention Cutler when people like Frank and Beardown try and rewrite his history.
I didn't rewrite a damn thing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next