It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:13 pm 

Says Dan Hampton.

Pro Football HOF ✔ @ProFootballHOF
"If my team had Jay Cutler at QB we would have won 4 Super Bowls" - @ChicagoBears Dan Hampton on the '85 team
10:10 AM - 8 Jul 2017

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
CTE...

They would have won 7.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
What a fucking idiot. They might not have won one with him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

They sure as hell would have won back to back with Jay Cutler. No doubt about it.

People forget, the 1986 Bears were 14-2. Home field through out. Lost to the Redskins in the divisional round with a young Doug Flutie starting cuz Jimmy Mac was hurt. They signed Flutie in October or November. He wasn't even in the NFL.

The 1986 Bears defense was better than 1985. The Giants went on to win the Super Bowl in 1986

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 pm 

Beardown wrote:
They sure as hell would have won back to back with Jay Cutler. No doubt about it.

People forget, the 1986 Bears were 14-2. Home field through out. Lost to the Redskins in the divisional round with a young Doug Flutie starting cuz Jimmy Mac was hurt.

The 1986 Bears defense was better than 1985. The Giants went on to win the Super Bowl in 1986

:lol: Flutie was better than Cutler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

People forget, the 1986 Bears were 14-2. Home field through out. Lost to the Redskins in the divisional round with a young Doug Flutie starting cuz Jimmy Mac was hurt.

Like I said in my edit. Flutie was signed in October or Novermber. He wasn't in the NFL that year. It wasn't a trade. He was sitting at home. The older Flutie was decent. The young 1986 Flutie sucked.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:35 pm 

They would have won multiple Superbowls if McMahon was able to stay healthy.

When he was healthy he was a better QB than Cutler. He had everything that Cutler had, but was smarter.

Punkie QBs health is what derailed that train

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:38 pm 

Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Like I said in my edit. Flutie was signed in October or Novermber. He wasn't in the NFL that year. It wasn't a trade. He was sitting at home. The older Flutie was decent. The young 1986 Flutie sucked.

The any age Jay Cutler sucked. If I had one game to win I'd take Flutie over Cutler 10x out of 10. Flutie was a winner not an overhyped guy who people thought was good because he could throw a football hard.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

When he was healthy he was a better QB than Cutler. He had everything that Cutler had, but was smarter.

No. He didn't have everything Cutler had. He didn't have his arm nor his athletic ability. Yes, you're right about him being smarter. Yes, they would have won in 1986 if McMahon played against the Redskins in that playoff game. Would have went on to win the SB. Both Cutler and McMahon would have won that year.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:51 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No. He didn't have everything Cutler had. He didn't have his arm nor his athletic ability. Yes, you're right about him being smarter. Yes, they would have won in 1986 if McMahon played against the Redskins in that playoff game. Would have went on to win the SB. Both Cutler and McMahon would have won that year.

McMahon's arm was above average. It was not crazy strong like Cutler. But it was good enough to make every throw that Cutler could make.

McMahon was every bit as athletic as Cutler. It was why he was able to play with so much reckless abandon.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

The any age Jay Cutler sucked. If I had one game to win I'd take Flutie over Cutler 10x out of 10. Flutie was a winner not an overhyped guy who people thought was good because he could throw a football hard.

Bears didn't keep Flutie in 1987. He went to the Patriots as a back up for a year or so. They cut him. Then he went to Canada for 5 or 6 years before he came back to the NFL. So all of the NFL thought he sucked while he was in his prime. He came back to the NFL with some experience from playing in Canada and was decent for a few years. Decent. Not great.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

McMahon's arm was above average. It was not crazy strong like Cutler. But it was good enough to make every throw that Cutler could make.

McMahon was every bit as athletic as Cutler. It was why he was able to play with so much reckless abandon.

He was not every bit as athletic as Cutler. Cutler was bigger, stronger and faster. Jimmy Mac was a drunk with a beer belly. Cutler was a health freak after his first year with the Bears.

Look, I'm not bashing Mac. I liked him. Just stating the facts. In fact, if Mac got to play in today's NFL, with the protection QBs get from the rules, he would be a top 10 QB. He wouldn't have had all those injuries. Cutler was reckless. Not smart like you said. That was his down fall. It's a shame.

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm 

Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Bears didn't keep Flutie in 1987. He went to the Patriots as a back up for a year or so. They cut him. Then he went to Canada for 5 or 6 years before he came back to the NFL. So all of the NFL thought he sucked while he was in his prime. He came back to the NFL with some experience from playing in Canada and was decent for a few years. Decent. Not great.

And he was better than Cutler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
If they have Jordan they definitely win 8 in a row.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He was not every bit as athletic as Cutler. Cutler was bigger, stronger and faster. Jimmy Mac was a drunk with a beer belly. Cutler was a health freak after his first year with the Bears.

Look, I'm not bashing Mac. I liked him. Just stating the facts. In fact, if Mac got to play in today's NFL, with the protection QBs get from the rules, he would be a top 10 QB. He wouldn't have had all those injuries. Cutler was reckless. Not smart like you said. That was his down fall. It's a shame.

:lol: You make it sound like McMahon had to waddle out to the huddle with his belly flopping all around.

I was a pretty big Cutler supporter around here. He had all the tools to be a great QB except he wasn't smart. McMahon was able to do everything Cutler could but he was smart...really smart.

I just hate the idea that I hear sometimes that the Bears back then were all D and Payton as if McMahon was a bad to average QB.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

And he was better than Cutler

Not 1986 Flutie. That was the point of this discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: You make it sound like McMahon had to waddle out to the huddle with his belly flopping all around.

I was a pretty big Cutler supporter around here. He had all the tools to be a great QB except he wasn't smart. McMahon was able to do everything Cutler could but he was smart...really smart.

I just hate the idea that I hear sometimes that the Bears back then were all D and Payton as if McMahon was a bad to average QB.

No. Just making my point that he wasn't the athlete that Cutler was. He wasn't nonathletic. Just not to the level of Cutler.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Larry is wondering where were these hot takes when they were hamp and Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

You guys also realize that Hampton despises McMahon. Has always hated him. They had their wars when they were teammates. In the media. Then after Hamp retired he said McMahon was the monkey driving the sports car.

Hamp is pissed that the offense couldn't do more for those great defensive seasons in the 80s. He mostly blames McMahon. Forget after '85. Hampton's cracker ass thinks they should have won a SB in '83 and '84.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 pm 

Thats a good point about Hamp and his feelings about McMahon.

But he and the defense would have hated Cutler even more. Hell Buddy and the boys may have killed Cutler.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Hell Buddy and the boys may have killed Cutler.

That's why they call it the 46 zone. We didn't come here looking for trouble...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hampton is incorrect.

They don't win in 85 with Cutler.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Who cares. 1985 was over 30 years ago for this irrelevant franchise.

Hampton needs to go away as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hampton is incorrect.

Yeah. They do. They were a running team with a great offensive line. Then the great defense. Cutler got the Bears to a NFC championship game. Might have won that damn thing vs the Packers if he didn't get hurt. So that Cutler, in that year, wouldn't have won the SB with the '85 Bears? That's nuts.

You guys act like McMahon was a HOFer. Which he wasn't.

The top 15 QBs in 1985, whomever they were, would have won the SB with the 1985 Bears. So Cutler sure as hell would have as well.

Because I doubt McMahon was no better then top 10 QB in 1985. Maybe lower. Just off the top of my head you had Elway, Montana, Marino, Fouts, Eason, Kelly (The Jets QB, I forget his name),Simms, White, Theisman...I'm sure their were more that were better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:01 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hampton is incorrect.

Yup. He would have been worse in the 80s. He looked better than he was because of all the rule changes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

If I remember correctly,Bear players were upset with Ditka for starting Flutie in the playoffs. They wanted either Mike Tomzak or Steve Fuller to play. Ditka wanted to do it his way and Flutie was terrible vs, the 'skins.

His quote "The little guy is something special" is right up there with Dusty's "You can't turn your back on Holly" quote.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Beardown wrote:
Hampton's cracker ass thinks they should have won a SB in '83 and '84.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If they have Jordan they definitely win 8 in a row.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hampton is incorrect.

Hampton blames McMahons inability to stay healthy for most of that teams woes. Unfortunately the same thing that made Mcmahon so damn successful left him open to taking a beating, the Martin body slam excluded.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
That's just a dumber way for Hampton to talk about how much he hates McMahon.