It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Soon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I am going to use much of the noon-3pm hours this Fall and Winter Sundays to make bread bowls to fill with chili.

italian bread. french bread. rye bread. the big three of bread...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I am going to use much of the noon-3pm hours this Fall and Winter Sundays to make bread bowls to fill with chili.

italian bread. french bread. rye bread. the big three of bread...

Sourdough feeling disrespected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Some of you guys are selling the Bears short. It's easy to get upset at (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fumbling snaps, which the Bears excuse by saying they're not in a hurry to develop him :lol: , but there's been some positive stories from camp that you've missed.

The biggest is the return of the D-line. Reporters are saying they're getting a push upfront and have been stout at times against the run. Just in terms of the resurgence of the D, I think that puts the Bears at least at .500 this year or better.

I'm optimistic going in. The Bears dropped their long-time baggage in Cutler, so they're no longer at the bottom. Glennon should be a better game manager than Cutler, not carelessly giving the ball away all the time.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Some of you guys are selling the Bears short. It's easy to get upset at (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fumbling snaps, which the Bears excuse by saying they're not in a hurry to develop him :lol: , but there's been some positive stories from camp that you've missed.

The biggest is the return of the D-line. Reporters are saying they're getting a push upfront and have been stout at times against the run. Just in terms of the resurgence of the D, I think that puts the Bears at least at .500 this year or better.

I'm optimistic going in. The Bears dropped their long-time baggage in Cutler, so they're no longer at the bottom. Glennon should be a better game manager than Cutler, not carelessly giving the ball away.
Do you still think Cutler could win the MVP?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

I'm optimistic going in. The Bears dropped their long-time baggage in Cutler, so they're no longer at the bottom. Glennon should be a better game manager than Cutler, not carelessly giving the ball away.

In the broadcast booth?

I think you have the wrong guy. I was never a Cutler fan. I was the guy that called B&B on the day the trade was announced and told them it was a bad trade. I was also the guy that put Bernstein in his place by telling him that Cutler was not the best Bears QB of all time, that was McMahon. I brought up the "Miracle in Minnesota" to prove my point. Boers was speechless.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

In the broadcast booth?

I think you have the wrong guy. I was never a Cutler fan. I was the guy that called B&B on the day the trade was announced and told them it was a bad trade. I was also the guy that put Bernstein in his place by telling him that Cutler was not the best Bears QB of all time, that was McMahon. I brought up the "Miracle in Minnesota" to prove my point. Boers was speechless.
You did have a thread that was that "Cutler haters" were wrong but I guess it was something else where someone posted about how he was one of the top 7 in odds for MVP before a season started. My mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

In the broadcast booth?

You did have a thread that was that "Cutler haters" were wrong but I guess it was something else where someone posted about how he was one of the top 7 in odds for MVP before a season started. My mistake.

I never wrote anything about him being a MVP candidate. That is too crazy even for my thinking!

And if my position changed toward Cutler, it was one of giving him a chance with the all-pro receivers he had in Marshall, Bennett and Jeffrey. He should have done a lot better, but failed to live up to expectations. The story of his career.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:54 am 

Here it was. No idea why I thought it was you.

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=87869

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dignified Rube wrote:
but there's been some positive stories from camp that you've missed.
Other than injuries, there are positive stories in every single camp. The Browns camp had a story about how great a QB Kizer is going to be down the road.

How do you manage to not walk thru a glass door every day you miraculously wake up and breathe?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
but there's been some positive stories from camp that you've missed.
Other than injuries, there are positive stories in every single camp. The Browns camp had a story about how great a QB Kizer is going to be down the road.

How do you manage to not walk thru a glass door every day you miraculously wake up and breathe?

I'm not sure what you're befuddled by? No one said there aren't positive stories from camp.

But given the general negative sentiment toward the Bears here, I was drawing attention to the D-line and its resurgence.

You're talking about Cleveland QB's and glass doors and are making an argument out of nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Watch Cutler come out of retirement to join Gase in Miami, after Tannehill reinjured his knee today.