It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Teams now have film on Cohen and on Glennon's inability to throw downfield to this shitty set of WR.

I'm expecting 8 in the box the rest of the season. Maybe 9 if Pam Oliver is there.

I was at the game yesterday. They started with 10 in the box and 1 safety back. Bears still ran the ball on them. The WR simply do not get open.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Glennon looked like Kyle Orton Jr.

Just put (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in and let's move toward the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Barring an injury or Glennon taking steroids and playing the best football he has ever played, I think the first game Mitch starts is Monday Oct 9th. Home game against a division team, and the Bears are coming off a Thursday game at GB so he would have extra time to prepare.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:15 pm 

That's not fair to neckbeard.

I really hope they foolishly put 13 career starts in quickly. The deafening love for this kid who's never done anything makes me wonder if The Great Theo drafted him too. And it's growing more baffling by the week.

Some of you need to relax and just accept the fact that it's a team run by hapless owners, a clueless front office and a just vaguely competent defensive coaching staff. I wouldn't want this group touching my prospect QB (a status which I still laugh at).

And hope that the former ticket agent McCaskey is remotely competent and ready to assert himself over the rest of the lucky sperm club and their highly paid consultants.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's

Who is he going to throw to? At 6'6", might as well move Glennon to WR so (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has a decent target.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
veganfan21 wrote:

Who is he going to throw to? At 6'6", might as well move Glennon to WR so (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has a decent target.

Glennon had some good blocks yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Glennon had some good blocks yesterday.

That's worth the $15MM season ticket holders! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:28 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I really hope they foolishly put 13 career starts in quickly. The deafening love for this kid who's never done anything makes me wonder if The Great Theo drafted him too. And it's growing more baffling by the week.

Some of you need to relax and just accept the fact that it's a team run by hapless owners, a clueless front office and a just vaguely competent defensive coaching staff. I wouldn't want this group touching my prospect QB (a status which I still laugh at).

And hope that the former ticket agent McCaskey is remotely competent and ready to assert himself over the rest of the lucky sperm club and their highly paid consultants.

They were doing just fine during the Lovie years. Not Patriots-like success either, but probably in that next tier or decent/good teams. That tells me they can be fine even with the current ownership, though I'd still want changes. They've got to delegate the football stuff to the right person. Emery wasn't the right person and Pace seems to be showing his inexperience.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

They were doing just fine during the Lovie years. Not Patriots-like success either, but probably in that next tier or decent/good teams. That tells me they can be fine even with the current ownership, though I'd still want changes. They've got to delegate the football stuff to the right person. Emery wasn't the right person and Pace seems to be showing his inexperience.

Lovie = John Fox. Safe, credentialed, defensively competent and completely milquetoast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 pm 

And fwiw, I was rooting for the Bears yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Vegan, shut the fuck up about Lovie. Nobody cares about Lovie anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Lovie Smith is better than John Fox. I don't think its even close.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Vegan, shut the fuck up about Lovie. Nobody cares about Lovie anymore.

I think you have reading comprehension issues - Lovie wasn't the point of my post.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Regular Reader wrote:

Lovie = John Fox. Safe, credentialed, defensively competent and completely milquetoast

Can you blame them? They went outside the box and got the weird scientist dude and he ended up being a disaster. They are just shooting for 8-8 so people don't get too pissed off and keep coming back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't care about the personality issues - totally irrelevant in my book. Anyway, my point was that I think your critique up there is unfair given recent Bears history.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

There is really nothing to back that up. They are both middling/average NFL coaches.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Can you blame them? They went outside the box and got the weird scientist dude and he ended up being a disaster. They are just shooting for 8-8 so people don't get too pissed off and keep coming back.

Yeah, and with a rookie GM, they kind of turned him this direction. I suspect Pace will get to fire Fox and hire one more coach, he probably will get more rope with this hire, most likely an offensive mind to work with Trubiski.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah but the replacement has been even worse than the scientist, who at least had some entertainment value.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't care about the personality issues - totally irrelevant in my book. Anyway, my point was that I think your critique up there is unfair given recent Bears history.

As long as an accountant who is a football know nothing runs this team for a family completely focused on the cash side of a cash cow, it's an exercise in futility. The worst part imo, is that when the team gets moderately successful, they begin to assert themselves and fuck it up. Ask Jim Finks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
The worst part imo, is that when the team gets moderately successful, they begin to assert themselves and fuck it up. Ask Jim Finks.

Yes, absolutely right...the minute the Bears are respectable again, Sweaty Teddy will reappear.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah but the replacement has been even worse than the scientist, who at least had some entertainment value.

I realize it's not a good time to stick up for Fox, but I think he's got to be better than this. He's been to two super bowls and presided over a fairly successful Panthers team for some time. In no way is he comparable to Trestman.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I realize it's not a good time to stick up for Fox, but I think he's got to be better than this. He's been to two super bowls and presided over a fairly successful Panthers team for some time. In no way is he comparable to Trestman.

This is his partial retirement job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

If he went 7-9 or 8-8 last year I'd say things are progressing as expected given the talent. But 3-13 is just weird for good coaches like Fox. Made me pause but I still think he's decent.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm 

I would wager he has about 60% of the fire and passion he had in Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:15 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

As long as an accountant who is a football know nothing runs this team for a family completely focused on the cash side of a cash cow, it's an exercise in futility. The worst part imo, is that when the team gets moderately successful, they begin to assert themselves and fuck it up. Ask Jim Finks.

People always want to blame the accountants until they want money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

If he went 7-9 or 8-8 last year I'd say things are progressing as expected given the talent. But 3-13 is just weird for good coaches like Fox. Made me pause but I still think he's decent.
Not so weird when you consider he also coached Carolina to a 2-14 record in 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Not so weird when you consider he also coached Carolina to a 2-14 record in 2010.

Cherry picking - he was fired after that year anyway. The total body of work in Carolina and Denver is two SB appearances, two championship games, and seven playoff appearances overall in 13 seasons. That's not Belichick-type dominance, but it's not horrid either.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I like what Pace has done the last 2 seasons and I love Vic Fangio. Fox and Dowell are questionable. I really don't want them to ruin this kid that has the ability to be special. Playing him with the bums we have a WR could do it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
So Kevin white probably broke his collarbone and is out for the year? You can't make this shit up!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next