It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
To me the only option is to trade down

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There is absolutely zero chance they end up with the first overall pick. There is very little chance they end up with a top 3 pick

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:
There is absolutely zero chance they end up with the first overall pick. There is very little chance they end up with a top 3 pick

They might be worse than a Luckless Colts dude. This is a really bad Bears team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm 

They are by far the worst team in the NFL. Not only that they are 100% committed to playing by far the worst QB currently starting NFL games. And they are being decimated by injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm 

NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They might be worse than a Luckless Colts dude.

No. The Jets are unequivocally worse. The Colts probably are. The Browns are still awful. The Bills will be terrible all year. The 49ers are worse than the Bears. There is ZERO chance the Bears finish with the worst record. It's just not possible.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm 

On topic: there are supposed to be some legit pass rushers in this years draft so I don't know about the whole trading down thing. Good QB's and real pass rushers are the 1st things to go in a draft. Let's wait and see here, too early to say.

Last edited by NME on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm 

America wrote:
They are by far the worst team in the NFL. Not only that they are 100% committed to playing by far the worst QB currently starting NFL games. And they are being decimated by injuries.

Just a LOL overreaction. Can't think of another worthy reply to this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

I find that America and I tend to disagree a decent amount -but he has a point. This is a really really bad team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 pm 

NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

I find that America and I tend to disagree a decent amount -but he has a point. This is a really really bad team.

We can bump this at the end of the year. I don't know if I could ever be more confident in anything more than saying the Bears aren't the worst team in the NFL this year. I think this is a prime example of responding to a local team without proper knowledge of the rest of the country's teams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
They should take Darnold. Quarterback is the most important position in the sport, and there are definitely no other positions of need on the team that I can see. Plus if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Darnold don't pan out next season, the Bears will be in a prime position to take the highest ranked quarterback in the 2019 class. I'd also focus on bringing in a veteran quarterback as a bridge starter in place of Glennon in free agency, such as Tampa Bay's current backup Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Above all else, I trust Ryan Pace to identify his guys and make bold and smart moves to pursue them, as he definitely did this offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I think this is a prime example of responding to a local team without proper knowledge of the rest of the country's teams.

This comment might apply as much to you as it does to us lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:21 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
They should take Darnold. Quarterback is the most important position in the sport, and there are definitely no other positions of need on the team that I can see. Plus if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Darnold don't pan out next season, the Bears will be in a prime position to take the highest ranked quarterback in the 2019 class. I'd also focus on bringing in a veteran quarterback as a bridge starter in place of Glennon in free agency, such as Tampa Bay's current backup Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Above all else, I trust Ryan Pace to identify his guys and make bold and smart moves to pursue them, as he definitely did this offseason.

Solid attempt. You're over committing tho Zeph.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Way to early to tell who will be in the draft but they should easily get a top 5 pick, if not a top 3 pick.

I thunk they are closer than fans realize if Mitch is real, and given his accuracy and athleticism, I think he will be a good solid QB. And he should not play until maybe the last 2-3 games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm 

NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I think this is a prime example of responding to a local team without proper knowledge of the rest of the country's teams.

I doubt it. I don't really pay more attention to the Bears than I do the rest of the NFL.

We can also throw the Cardinals hat in the mix for the top pick. Lots of awful teams this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
After three years of supposed rebuilding, this thread is very sad.

Do you really want Pace and Fox even making the picks at this point?

The whole thing needs to be blown up again. You need a coach that can inspire, not one that is headed into retirement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 pm 

Pace is going to get to pick the next head coach. He has had some good draft picks and if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky works out then that makes it even better.

Fox is the one that needs to go.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Pace is going to get to pick the next head coach. He has had some good draft picks and if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky works out then that makes it even better.

If Fox is going Pace needs to follow him. There's no reason to give Pace another year just because he gave up on this season before it started and any coaching vacancy is going to look even more unappealing if it's expected that a new GM will be hired one year later anyway and want to bring in his own coach.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Maybe Teddy needs to call Ernie Accorsi again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Pace & Fox both need to go:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If Fox is going Pace needs to follow him. There's no reason to give Pace another year just because he gave up on this season before it started and any coaching vacancy is going to look even more unappealing if it's expected that a new GM will be hired one year later anyway and want to bring in his own coach.

And before the response that Pace didn't even get to choose his first coach, my answer is "So what?" I've seen nothing from him that convinces me that it was only Ted Phillips and George's dumb committee hire that's holding him back, and I'm not the least bit inclined to keep him around just so he can choose a coach as poorly as he's chosen players while the Bears waste yet another season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Who cares? Whomever it is, he'll be injured, disinterested, or looking to get out of town.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will probably be a good player, but Pace has made the same mistakes as Emery in drafting guys from lesser football schools.

His three 1st rounders went to North Carolina, Georgia and West Virginia. His second round pick this year went to Ashland College and the quarterback that he signed for $45 million went to North Carolina State. The only one of those schools in the college top twenty is Georgia, and they're eleven.

That's hardly a successful recipe for rebuilding a pro team when you're not drafting at the top from football factory schools. This is all the reason in the world to fire Pace, because he's overlooking the obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 pm 

Pace has done a pretty decent job drafting. His first one was kind of rough, and he's paying for that now, but the 2016 group looks really good and its hard to be upset with the latest class so far. I dont think Fox was his choice, and he let Bears upper management bully him into getting a guy like Fox on board when it really wasn't what the Bears needed. I trust Pace's scouting acumen and personnel decisions. Overall he's done a fine job there, everyone has mistakes and busts. But I do not believe he's learned to stand up to org guy like Phillips who is really running the direction of the franchise and keeps Pace's voice weak or non-existent when it comes to things like hiring coaches.

Pace has not gotten his fair shot at the job.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:
Pace has done a pretty decent job drafting. His first one was kind of rough, and he's paying for that now, but the 2016 group looks really good and its hard to be upset with the latest class so far. I dont think Fox was his choice, and he let Bears upper management bully him into getting a guy like Fox on board when it really wasn't what the Bears needed. I trust Pace's scouting acumen and personnel decisions. Overall he's done a fine job there, everyone has mistakes and busts. But I do not believe he's learned to stand up to org guy like Phillips who is really running the direction of the franchise and keeps Pace's voice weak or non-existent when it comes to things like hiring coaches.

Pace has not gotten his fair shot at the job.

I've seen ya write this horseshit a few times, I believe Mitch is going to be average at best and he traded up to get him needlessly.. It's a dumb move, Floyd is never going to amount to dick.. What is so impressive about this clowns first 3 drafts? Look at other teams drafts over that period..Pace is well below average.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Bears have a shitty qb and cant stay healthy. No average team can withstand injuries like this and compete. Plus Glennon sucks balls. Dude drops back 3 steps and throws. Has no pocket movement at all.

Bears will win a couple they shouldn't though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 pm 

Let me put it this way.

If the Bears fire Pace I wont be upset. If the Bears keep Pace I wont be upset. But I love the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky trade-up and pick. I've loved a lot of picks after the first round. Glennon notwithstanding he's done a great job in FA.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 pm 

Glennon is not condusive to "winning a couple they shouldn't". The Bears will have some close games against teams they should be blown the fuck out by, but as long as Glennon is playing the Bears will be wholly incapable of winning close games unless they get massive flukes like pick-6's or huge scampers. For the former, I dont see who on this defense is going to be making huge plays. That's one of the chief complaints I have about Pace, more than even the White boondoggle, is that he seems great at building the foundation of a roster but when it comes to finding game-changing players he's done nothing. And as far as Cohen/Howard breaking big plays, I doubt that is going to be easy with defenses knowing they have nothing to worry about from Glennon's arm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:

I think they could make a strong run at a top three pick, FF.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I doubt it. I don't really pay more attention to the Bears than I do the rest of the NFL.

We can also throw the Cardinals hat in the mix for the top pick. Lots of awful teams this year.

Arizona and Buffalo would annihilate the Bears, the Bears are definitely a bottom five team..just as awful as NYJ and Cleveland.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm 

Wrong. The Cardinals barely got past probably the worst team currently in the league. Bears would be favored against them on a neutral field.

Buffalo impressing you? Really?

To rock my soul