It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:49 pm 

Not going to be 1.1 but here is my current #1 pick

Bradley Chubb, DE, NCST

In a perfect world, there would be an OLB worthy of the draft position but I don't see it just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Some online predicitions:

From NFL Draft Scout on the 21st:

6. Chicago Bears -- Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
Chicago lacks playmakers on the outside at cornerback and needs to find upgrades this offseason. An ascending talent, Davis has the size, speed and physicality to match up well with NFL receivers. He has Chubb going to the Niners at 2.

USA Today

6. Chicago Bears | Harold Landry | EDGE | Boston College
Leonard Floyd looks like a stud on one side, but you can never have too many explosive pass-rushers. Last year’s FBS sack king, Landry is a versatile playmaker who can get after opposing quarterbacks and make plays in space. They have Chubb going to the Colts at 4.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Maybe not a 1st or even 2nd rounder,but I would love to see Jet Jackson with the Bears next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I know they don't want to repeat the Kevin White mistake but they desperately need a WR, although getting Meredith back will help a lot more than people realize. I think it would be a mistake to go defense with their top pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
They absolutely must draft an OT or WR with the first round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I know they don't want to repeat the Kevin White mistake but they desperately need a WR, although getting Meredith back will help a lot more than people realize. I think it would be a mistake to go defense with their top pick.

Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams and Sammy Watkins all are FA. This is probably the route (pun intended) they will go. Not enough draft picks to go around.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams and Sammy Watkins all are FA. This is probably the route (pun intended) they will go. Not enough draft picks to go around.

I don't think GB is letting Adams get away. Landry would help a lot, especially as a complement to Meredith. Not sure about Watkins, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks at throwing deep and he's mainly just a downfield threat.

I haven't read up on the draft or top prospects yet but if there is a WR they like in the 6-12 spot where they will end up drafting I think they should go that route. Unless (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is truly awful I think a big, playmaking WR helps this team more than any other potential addition.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
OL or secondary in the first and second round, in whatever order.
WR in free agency or late rounds.
Can Okefor play WR?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:17 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If they dont come away with at least one of them + another lesser guy its a failure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 pm 

America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If they dont come away with at least one of them + another lesser guy its a failure.

Allen Robinson and Donte Moncrief also FA's. I know they aren't top tier but they are actual NFL receivers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Allen Robinson and Donte Moncrief also FA's. I know they aren't top tier but they are actual NFL receivers.

Allen Robinson is probably better than Landry, Adams, and Watkins. If I was a Bear fan he would be first on my wish list.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Julian Edelman, Terrelle Pryor, Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eifert, Alshon Jeffery (jk), Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace.

Not all of them are great and some have serious injury problems, but they are all professional receivers that can help. At minimum they sign two of them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm 

America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Julian Edelman, Terrelle Pryor, Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eifert, Alshon Jeffery (jk), Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace.

Not all of them are great and some have serious injury problems, but they are all professional receivers that can help. At minimum they sign two of them.

Fitzgerald just signed an extension, IIRC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm 

dang, well he was a long shot anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:36 pm 

America wrote:
dang, well he was a long shot anyways.

Yea....he's getting up there but I love that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Not being an ass at least not more than usual but how can you even care about this disaster anymore ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Not being an ass at least not more than usual but how can you even care about this disaster anymore ?

Offseason moves are the most interesting thing regarding this team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
We pretty much have to redraft at every position we drafted in 2015(outside of Goldman)

1st Kevin White WR West Virginia Pick - Conference - Grades
2nd Eddie Goldman DL Florida State Pick - Conference Call
3rd Hroniss Grasu OL Oregon Pick - Conference Call
4th Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State Pick - Conference Call
5th Adrian Amos S Penn State Pick - Conference Call
6th Tayo Fabuluje OT TCU Pick - Conference Call

Is the arrow really pointing up for this team? I'm getting concerned.

Fucksakes lol

How many Mully's is Pace gonna get on his drafts? You can almost throw that entire 1st draft out the window with a good chunk of his 2nd one too.

PFF has Amos has the 2nd ranked safety in the NFL heading into last week's games. While that does seem way too high to me, he has played very well this season since getting his starting job back. I'm not sure where Goldman is ranked amongst NT's in the NFL, but would think he's highly thought of.

While this list doesn't look great on the surface, if you draft 2 difference makers (and PFF thinks at least Amos is), that's an excellent draft.

Look around the league, you're typically not finding 4 or 5 starters out of a draft, it's more in the 2-3 range if things work out.

2016 is looking strong with Howard, Floyd, and Whitehair while Bullard and Kwiatkoski appear to be developing into starting players for next season. Whitehair has regressed this season, but that could be more due to the constant changing of positions. Floyd may never be a Pro Bowl talent, but is a good player who may benefit from adding another edge rusher. Howard has been a stud at RB.

2017 is way too early to tell with Mitch and Shaheen, but Jackson and Cohen have contributed as rookies.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with Pace's drafts, but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's success or (lack of) will determine if Pace ultimately turns things around in Chicago. It's nice drafting some solid to good starters as Pace has done, but none of it matters without a QB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
BD wrote:
PFF has Amos has the 2nd ranked safety in the NFL heading into last week's games. While that does seem way too high to me, he has played very well this season since getting his starting job back. I'm not sure where Goldman is ranked amongst NT's in the NFL, but would think he's highly thought of.

While this list doesn't look great on the surface, if you draft 2 difference makers (and PFF thinks at least Amos is), that's an excellent draft.

Look around the league, you're typically not finding 4 or 5 starters out of a draft, it's more in the 2-3 range if things work out.

2016 is looking strong with Howard, Floyd, and Whitehair while Bullard and Kwiatkoski appear to be developing into starting players for next season. Whitehair has regressed this season, but that could be more due to the constant changing of positions. Floyd may never be a Pro Bowl talent, but is a good player who may benefit from adding another edge rusher. Howard has been a stud at RB.

2017 is way too early to tell with Mitch and Shaheen, but Jackson and Cohen have contributed as rookies.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with Pace's drafts, but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's success or (lack of) will determine if Pace ultimately turns things around in Chicago. It's nice drafting some solid to good starters as Pace has done, but none of it matters without a QB.

The main issue is the positions Pace has "hit" are the easiest to find guys.

competent RB, interior OL, LBs...dime a dozen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am 

Currently 5th overall. I'm not rooting for it, but they do have a path to 1.1.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:
NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
There is absolutely zero chance they end up with the first overall pick. There is very little chance they end up with a top 3 pick

They might be worse than a Luckless Colts dude.

No. The Jets are unequivocally worse. The Colts probably are. The Browns are still awful. The Bills will be terrible all year. The 49ers are worse than the Bears. There is ZERO chance the Bears finish with the worst record. It's just not possible.

I would have agreed with this at the time for the most part. I did think the Bills had a great D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
BD wrote:

I think the main issue is that you have to hit on your first rounders. I don't think there is a single Pace first rounder that you can call an undisputed hit at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 pm 

America wrote:

There is no path to 1.1. None. There is a 0% chance the Browns win 3 more games.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Kirkwood wrote:
BD wrote:

Exactly! Three drafts and picking early too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Garapollo probably beats the Bears, that Browns game is a coin toss..battle of the bums..Mitch v Kizer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

There is no path to 1.1. None. There is a 0% chance the Browns win 3 more games.

Browns win two games between now and xmas eve then beat the Bears boom...Bears 1.1. not likely, but a path nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:29 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Browns win two games between now and xmas eve then beat the Bears boom...Bears 1.1. not likely, but a path nonetheless.

:lol:

"Not likely" is a ridiculous understatement. There's zero chance it happens.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am 

They don't have to be first. Get in the top couple and someone will be looking to trade up for a QB. Sure there is hand wringing right now over the performance of this QB class in 2017 but look at all the QBs taken in round 1 last year with greater performance issues. If Darnold truly won't go to the Browns and another player emerges as a legitimate #1, the Bears will get a king's ransom for #2.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Dolphin makes a great point. Be in the top 3-4 and let someone give you picks to move up. Would quiet a lot of the angst of giving the picks for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
If there is a LT rated as a top 10 talent, get him and then go FA for WR help. Gotta have a strong line or you are going nowhere fast (the Jim Finks model). Neither Massey or Leno are difference makers. Assuming Sitton, Long and Whitehair are solid, getting 2 tackles gives this offense a chance to be good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next