It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Very touching scene in Pride of the Yankees:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:23 pm 

It shouldn't be lost in all the appropriate commotion over the play that fox was all set to give away the sure thing gift of 3 points for the uncertain possibility of 7 in what was going to be a close game. His players jumping offsides saved him from the move

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
It shouldn't be lost in all the appropriate commotion over the play that fox was all set to give away the sure thing gift of 3 points for the uncertain possibility of 7 in what was going to be a close game. His players jumping offsides saved him from the move

Going for the TD was a total un-Fox like coaching move. I was shocked he didn't trot out the FG unit to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
He told them to false start to cover for him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Hell, Fox was calling for a safety before the refs saved him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:

I liked the call to go for the touchdown but the play looked dead to me. They were saved by the false start.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I liked the call to go for the touchdown but the play looked dead to me. They were saved by the false start.

Agreed.

It was a hand off to Howard and it looked like the Steelers literally sent everyone on that play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm 

You can pick out at least cockup, not anywhere near that bad, but at least cockup a week that is directly attributable to how unimpressive and self important people generally are these days. I am never going to understand the mindset of a person who feels the need to celebrate a sports play.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot agree.

You bank the three points you were given under the most improbable of circumstances and thank the Steelers for the gift.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

It also shouldn't be lost that Cooper was standing on the sidelines yuckking it up while the referees were deliberating, as if he hadn't done something monumentally wrong.

I guess I haven't listened to enough break down but that point hasn't been brought up, especially in light of him making the same mistake with the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It also shouldn't be lost that Cooper was standing on the sidelines yuckking it up while the referees were deliberating, as if he hadn't done something monumentally wrong.

I guess I haven't listened to enough break down but that point hasn't been brought up, especially in light of him making the same mistake with the Cardinals.

We tore him up in the game thread for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot agree.

You bank the three points you were given under the most improbable of circumstances and thank the Steelers for the gift.

This is a team struggling to score points and win games before October. They NEED confidence and playing it John Fox wouldn't have been the way to go IMO. Kicking a FG on the half yard line would be demoralizing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot agree.

This is a team struggling to score points and win games before October. They NEED confidence and playing it John Fox wouldn't have been the way to go IMO. Kicking a FG on the half yard line would be demoralizing.

Getting stopped on the half yard line would be demoralizing.

Kicking a gift field goal and going in up 17-7 when you thought it would be 14-10 is exhilarating, and it played out to be this in real time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:18 pm 

I keep thinking of Don Cooper drunkenly stumbling away from a car he drunkenly crashed into a light pole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot agree.

Kicking a gift field goal and going in up 17-7 when you thought it would be 14-10 is exhilarating, and it played out to be this in real time.
You are both wrong.

Having surefire touch down negated by a completely boneheaded play is as demoralizing as it can get in the NFL. TD from the 1, FG, or nothing, the air was already out of the balloon.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot agree.

You are both wrong.

Having surefire touch down negated by a completely boneheaded play is as demoralizing as it can get in the NFL. TD from the 1, FG, or nothing, the air was already out of the balloon.

BUT...then they thought they only had a safety , which shifted their expectations to 2 points and later to 0 points. It sure seemed like they were happy coming in and out of the locker room.