It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
What were Pace's other options? Signing Glennon was bad, but he pretty much had to draft a QB high, or else send that pick and more for Garapollo(sp). Outside of those options, it was guys like Hoyer and McCown. He really didn't have another option outside of spending high draft capital on a QB
McCown or Hoyer would have been a better choice.

Maybe marginally. Negligible difference though if they cut Glennon this summer.
I think the big problem is that Pace found him to be worth so much money. If he had offered him a reasonable contract I wouldn't be judging it.

In the long run it won't matter but it is yet another questionable decision by a guy with a lot more questionable decisions than good ones.

I think even great GMs have more questionable moves than good ones but I think the Glennon point is a fair one. I knew he was really bad when they signed him. Pace definitely should have known.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It's not the money, CoF. Its the decision that was made to sign a QB who has played worse than at least two of the QBs the Bears started last year.

If the Bears had Cutler or Hoyer start last night, who knows if they win or not. What I can say is that neither guy would stand in the pocket like a statue for 8 seconds on the first play, have a snap go off his knee because he didn't know the fucking count, or almost throw a backwards pass on a check down.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
The scary thing is Pace is the guy who believed in Glennon, scouted Glennon and overpaid Glennon. And he is the GM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Bears continuing debacle starts from the top. Pace got the job only because he would take Fox and also agree to keep Cutler for another year so they wouldn't have to take a financial hit. The other GM candidates would have too much power and cost the family business too much money. Until Ted Phillips is launched, the Bears will suck. And it probably requires even more than that...an ownership change. Virginia was "pissed off" at the team under Trestman? The current team is way worse! 10 wins and 26 losses! That's absolutely atrocious.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
City of Fools wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what difference the cost makes for a guy that's here for one year...

did anyone actually expect the Bears to be competitive this year? Didn't most expect them to be 0-4 to start the season? I tried to tell you guys last night would be a blowout...they snuck a TD in at the very end, but it was 21-0 with 2 minutes to play and the analysts fell all over themselves to say how back in the game the Bears were. Oy.

I saw Glennon play a few games in Tampa and man, he looked way better and less robotic. I wanted Glennon.

Again, one of the main reasons we all knew the Bears would be bad this season is because Pace spent a free agency where there were plenty of guys available at positions of need pursuing a quarterback who lost the starting job in Tampa to Josh McCown and making him one of the 50 highest paid players in the league this season. And he then spent his first draft pick on a guy who plays the same position and who's not supposed to see the field at all this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
He'll see the field this year, but really who wants Mitch to make his first start against the goddamn Vikings defense?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jbi11s wrote:
He'll see the field this year, but really who wants Mitch to make his first start against the goddamn Vikings defense?

I don't get this line of thinking...he's a grown ass man..yeah their D is good, so scale back the game plan and don't ask him to do too much. Bootlegs/rollouts, etc... but if you are scared to play him, why the fuck did you even draft him?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
He's a grown ass man who should get a series or two for sure against the Vikings, but I'm not rushing him out there against a Mike Zimmer defense because MANY of my fans have gone full meatball after week 4.

That being said, if they start him against MN, I wish him the best. Their edge rushers are also grown men. Much bigger than Mitch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You are over hyping the Vikings defense. They have one pass rusher you have to worry about, Griffen. Floyd is injured. Barr is overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
ZephMarshack wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what difference the cost makes for a guy that's here for one year...

did anyone actually expect the Bears to be competitive this year? Didn't most expect them to be 0-4 to start the season? I tried to tell you guys last night would be a blowout...they snuck a TD in at the very end, but it was 21-0 with 2 minutes to play and the analysts fell all over themselves to say how back in the game the Bears were. Oy.

I saw Glennon play a few games in Tampa and man, he looked way better and less robotic. I wanted Glennon.

Again, one of the main reasons we all knew the Bears would be bad this season is because Pace spent a free agency where there were plenty of guys available at positions of need pursuing a quarterback who lost the starting job in Tampa to Josh McCown and making him one of the 50 highest paid players in the league this season. And he then spent his first draft pick on a guy who plays the same position and who's not supposed to see the field at all this year.

if the Bears got the guys you wanted, would they be a super bowl team this year? Divisional winner?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
City of Fools wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

if the Bears got the guys you wanted, would they be a super bowl team this year? Divisional winner?

They'd be closer to being competitive both this season and next season than they are now having spent so much time and money on Mike Glennon. At this point (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky doesn't just need to be good but elite next season. These Pace excuses are reminiscent of the GarPax excuses that it doesn't matter if they fail in free agency and the draft cause it's just so hard to beat Lebron anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 pm 

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
that's funny!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No Qb would have made the bears a contender this year. The point though is to employ a starting QB as your starting QB. Pace didn't do that. I wouldn't even let (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky watch Glennon from the sidelines. It'd be bad for his development. I'd blindfold (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky when Glennon takes the field.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
See my post above. It's easy to find average RBs. It's not easy to find a guy like Howard in the 5th round.
There are a lot of late round quality running backs in the league.

Jay Ajayi is the only one arguably as good or better than Howard, and I would still take Howard over him.

Ajayi just got traded for a fourth round pick. RB just isn't a priority position in the NFL right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
2017 season - a lot of red

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Jason Lieser
@JasonLieser·2h
Akiem Hicks says it's clear to him that Colin Kaepernick lost his career because of kneeing then drops a bomb in the middle of the conversation: "We signed Mike Glennon."

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:52 pm 

My favorite bit of America’s is the to-this-day defense of the Glennon signing

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Still wasn't a bad move. Spin the quarterback roulette wheel on only a one year guarantee? yes, please.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Antarctica wrote:
Still wasn't a bad move. Spin the quarterback roulette wheel on only a one year guarantee? yes, please.

I never understood the anger either. It was a one year deal that didn't work out. No long term effects on the cap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Other than a preview of Pace being clueless about quarterbacks before an exponentially bigger quarterback fuck up., sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:30 pm 

They bid against themselves for a player who had shown he wasn’t starting material to anyone not box score scouting. If that’s not a fuck up not sure what is

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
They bid against themselves for a player who had shown he wasn’t starting material to anyone not box score scouting. If that’s not a fuck up not sure what is

And that bum still has an NFL job. Meritocracy my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think he's been signed 3 different times since then.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:25 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Exactly!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:25 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Mike Glennon, winner at the business of football.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
FavreFan wrote:

It was and is a fuck up....it's just not Pace's worst fuck-up.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

I never understood the anger either. It was a one year deal that didn't work out. No long term effects on the cap.

It's not about the cap...signing a random person off the street for a $10 deal would even be a better for the cap. Would you take that deal?

That's what happened with Glennon. He has no business being on a football field anywhere except as a waterboy and we all knew this before he was signed. Yet Pace made him a starting QB. Absolutely dumbassery. The goal is to win games, not lose games but do so at a decent cost to the team.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
When the Bears signed him it was worth giving him a shot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:05 am 

My favorite part was the very short lived narrative of "he won't turn the ball over"

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next