It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Quote:
Whitehair, Howard, Long, Floyd, possibly Jackson, Cohen, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm sure there's a couple others I'm not thinking of immediately.

So, outside of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky(easy pick) and the running backs(easiest position in the game to find impact players), that's 3 players and a maybe, and one of them wasn't even a Pace pick.

This rebuild is going great. I trust Pace to build depth on the team by adding good talent at the pace of 2 players per year!

How many impact players do the Patriots have?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 am 

I mean... if we are gonna have an honest debate about Pace as a GM, you simply cannot discount Howard, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Cohen with dumb excuses.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This is my tally of NFL quality players:

The punter, both RB's, safety Jackson, maybe Floyd, Goldman, Hicks, Long, Whitehair. Jury is out on their new TE and QB. The rest will not be here if/when this team makes the playoffs again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
I mean... if we are gonna have an honest debate about Pace as a GM, you simply cannot discount Howard, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Cohen with dumb excuses.

Howard and Cohen are players makers and steals in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:00 am 

denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's easy to find guys like that(even though several teams havent had a RB as good as Howard in a decade)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Quote:
Whitehair, Howard, Long, Floyd, possibly Jackson, Cohen, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm sure there's a couple others I'm not thinking of immediately.

So, outside of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky(easy pick) and the running backs(easiest position in the game to find impact players), that's 3 players and a maybe, and one of them wasn't even a Pace pick.

This rebuild is going great. I trust Pace to build depth on the team by adding good talent at the pace of 2 players per year!

Wow. You are really high on the future of the Bears! :lol:
FavreFan wrote:
Why not? (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has yet to play but it was an obvious pick and he still bungled it. It's not like they found him like Rodgers or Brees.

His running back picks have been good. The problem is that running back is the easiest position in the league to find guys who are good.

We can count them though and the results still aren't great.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't trade TT for Pace but again, TT is responsible for the second most consistently good NFL team since I graduated high school. It's a ridiculously high bar to hold a rookie GM up to.
Its a lot easier for a GM to do this when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Hopefully (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is that guy for the Bears. Not saying he will be as good as Rodgers (possible, but not sure how likely that is), but if he is a top ten QB that you can build a team around than there is no reason for the Bears to have any fewer than 9 wins during Mitch's tenure.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Pace has a good eye for runningbacks and the Bears in general have had a pretty strong track record at that position. Wont take Cohen and Howard away from Pace, but I need more than that. And as much as I love (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky he is a complete unknown right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Quote:

Wow. You are really high on the future of the Bears! :lol

You keep throwing me off with the laughing emoticons. That was a sincere question, and it speaks to a frame of reference when discussing how many "impact" guys a contending team should have.
FavreFan wrote:
Why not? (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has yet to play but it was an obvious pick and he still bungled it. It's not like they found him like Rodgers or Brees.

His running back picks have been good. The problem is that running back is the easiest position in the league to find guys who are good.

We can count them though and the results still aren't great.

I'm not even sure (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is any good. If I had to guess right now, I would say he probably isn't. I'm just saying that if he is, you can't discount that with excuses about how easy a pick it was.

It may have changed recently but WR has traditionally always been the easiest spot to find playmakers. It's easy enough to find a competent RB. It's difficult to find a really good RB. Howard is really good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's easy to find guys like that(even though several teams havent had a RB as good as Howard in a decade)
Are you saying running back isn't one of the easiest positions to find quality players for? Go look at the list of 1,000 yard rushers in the past few years. There are a ton of them and it's a really varied list.

Howard is really good though but there still needs to be perspective on it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:08 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't trade TT for Pace but again, TT is responsible for the second most consistently good NFL team since I graduated high school. It's a ridiculously high bar to hold a rookie GM up to.
Its a lot easier for a GM to do this when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Hopefully (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is that guy for the Bears. Not saying he will be as good as Rodgers (possible, but not sure how likely that is), but if he is a top ten QB that you can build a team around than there is no reason for the Bears to have any fewer than 9 wins during Mitch's tenure.

I think you are misreading this thread. I agree with this post, except I would point out that the GM you are talking about is responsible for GB having one of the best QBs ever. You say it like it was an accident or he inherited Rodgers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Are you saying running back isn't one of the easiest positions to find quality players for? Go look at the list of 1,000 yard rushers in the past few years. There are a ton of them and it's a really varied list.

Howard is really good though but there still needs to be perspective on it.

See my post above. It's easy to find average RBs. It's not easy to find a guy like Howard in the 5th round.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am 

Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that Pace has done a decent enough job so far, and if you aren't going to give a GM more than three years to prove himself you are very likely to never find a good GM. I'm not saying Pace is a very good GM. I'm saying he's done a good enough job so far where you can't really say for sure yet one way or the other, and the worst franchises in the NFL tend to cycle through bad GMs and coaches frequently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:12 am 

FavreFan wrote:
You keep throwing me off with the laughing emoticons. That was a sincere question, and it speaks to a frame of reference when discussing how many "impact" guys a contending team should have.
I don't think it was a sincere question. The Patriots have the greatest quarterback of all time. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky ends up being as good as Tom Brady then I think the rebuild is going well.
FavreFan wrote:
It may have changed recently but WR has traditionally always been the easiest spot to find playmakers. It's easy enough to find a competent RB. It's difficult to find a really good RB. Howard is really good.[/color]
[/quote]Running back is much easier. WR may seem easier because there are a lot more yards to go around.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't think it was a sincere question. The Patriots have the greatest quarterback of all time. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky ends up being as good as Tom Brady then I think the rebuild is going well.

It was a sincere question. Replace Patriots with any team you think is a SB contender and feel free to answer.
Quote:
FavreFan wrote:
It may have changed recently but WR has traditionally always been the easiest spot to find playmakers. It's easy enough to find a competent RB. It's difficult to find a really good RB. Howard is really good.[/color]
Running back is much easier. WR may seem easier because there are a lot more yards to go around.

I disagree but it doesn't really change the debate enough to be worth arguing over.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:16 am 

FavreFan wrote:
See my post above. It's easy to find average RBs. It's not easy to find a guy like Howard in the 5th round.
There are a lot of late round quality running backs in the league. But fine, we'll give Pace a lot of credit for Howard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:19 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
There are a lot of late round quality running backs in the league.

Jay Ajayi is the only one arguably as good or better than Howard, and I would still take Howard over him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:
It was a sincere question. Replace Patriots with any team you think is a SB contender and feel free to answer.
We'll use the Falcons. I would guess they have at least 20 impact guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: 20? You're insane. They have like 10, tops.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:21 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jay Ajayi is the only one arguably as good or better than Howard, and I would still take Howard over him.
I really like Howard but I don't think he has the separation from almost all of the rest of the league that you do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I really like Howard but I don't think he has the separation from almost all of the rest of the league that you do.

Fair enough. I think he's special. 10,000 career rush yards type special. Hopefully the Bears don't ruin him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am 

You don't actually think the Falcons have 20 pro bowl type players though, right?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:25 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

How many impact players do the Bears have?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Love ya Brick, but I'm gonna have to side with the Packers fan here. Pace hasn't done a great job, but he has done a decent enough job to warrant one more offseason. Will the bumbling fumbling McCaskeys allow that to happen? Maybe not. They are bigger meatballs than Jimmypasta.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Like 5-6 maybe. We already went over that. They are still a bad team, but again, I think a ton of that is on the coaching staff(look at the Rams last year and so far this year)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Like 5-6 maybe. We already went over that. They are still a bad team, but again, I think a ton of that is on the coaching staff(look at the Rams last year and so far this year)
So the difference between a team that should have won the Super Bowl last year and the Bears is 4-5 players?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So the difference between a team that should have won the Super Bowl last year and the Bears is 4-5 players?

When one one of those players is the difference between the 25th best QB and a top 3 QB, yeah.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If the rest of the team and these 4 or 5 impact players stay healthy? Yeah, maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 am 

Put Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Desmond Trufant, and Vic Beasley on the Bears right now. That's a 10-12 win team that is neck and neck with GB or even better.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:35 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Put Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Desmond Trufant, and Vic Beasley on the Bears right now. That's a 10-12 win team that is neck and neck with GB or even better.

Plus you gotta trade Quinn for Fox.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next