It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Mike Glennon: Bridge QB
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Let's take a breath here guys.

Mike Glennon is a buffer between a not yet ready Bears offense, and the future franchise QB.

If you thought the Bears were going to the Super Bowl this year, you're pretty fucking delusional.

Another mulligan year is the best thing for this team to gather more young talent in next year's draft.

R-E-L-A-X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Jbi11s wrote:
Let's take a breath here guys

R-E-L-A-X

No.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm 

Can we throw him off it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:38 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Jbi11s wrote:

Pace..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Jbi11s wrote:

Mike Glennon is a buffer between a not yet ready Bears offense, and the future franchise QB.

If you thought the Bears were going to the Super Bowl this year, you're pretty fucking delusional.

Another mulligan year is the best thing for this team to gather more young talent in next year's draft.

R-E-L-A-X

Superbowl? No not even a thought but competitive yes. Hard to do with this shit QB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm 

Myrradah wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

R-E-L-A-X

Superbowl? No not even a thought but competitive yes. Hard to do with this shit QB.

Nah. Need another 3-13 or 4-12 season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Glennon is frustrating. Sometimes he looks competent but other times he demonstrates horrible non-skills like sensing and avoiding the rush,fear of making a mistake and settling for the dump off too many times,an avoidance of scrambling to give himself more time.

A total waste of Bear money. Hell,put in Sanchez if you're protecting the kid. Glennon is way too inconsistent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Jbi11s wrote:

R-E-L-A-X

More young talent? I'd settle for any.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jbi11s wrote:
Myrradah wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

R-E-L-A-X

Nah. Need another 3-13 or 4-12 season.

You can't continually win 4-6 games and continue to suck and no real starts from the draft. That's why the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick sucked so bad, traded away 4 picks to move one spot..he was going to be there anyway.. Could have moved down and got him..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This ignores that there was a potential "bridge QB" already on the roster who cost less than Glennon, other free agents capable of being "bridge QBs" who cost less than Glennon, and the opportunity cost of making your focus and highest priority in free agency the pursuit of a quarterback no one else in the league wanted as a starter and who had already been incompetent enough to lose his job to Josh McCown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:11 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
This ignores that there was a potential "bridge QB" already on the roster who cost less than Glennon, other free agents capable of being "bridge QBs" who cost less than Glennon, and the opportunity cost of making your focus and highest priority in free agency the pursuit of a quarterback no one else in the league wanted as a starter and who had already been incompetent enough to lose his job to Josh McCown.

I'm not ignoring any of that Zeph.

Who knows what Pace's real plan is? Maybe he wants to lose a bunch of games again this year.

MAYBE... Just maybe.... He knows the Bears are one more year away from really having the depth to compete in this league.

Who knows? No sense getting all into your feelings about a bad football team.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
jbills is correct 100%. Glennon is a means to an end, and in signing they also got a longshot lottery ticket that he would be a diamond in the rough. Obviously the latter didn't happen, but the former is going mostly according to plan.

btw- all the QB's in next year's class have had their stocks collapse this year, so be glad the Bears struck when they did for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 am 

America wrote:
jbills is correct 100%. Glennon is a means to an end, and in signing they also got a longshot lottery ticket that he would be a diamond in the rough. Obviously the latter didn't happen, but the former is going mostly according to plan.

btw- all the QB's in next year's class have had their stocks collapse this year, so be glad the Bears struck when they did for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

:lol: @ diamond in the rough. Some of us saw him play before this year. It's too bad Pace didn't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am 

you never really know until you see it. Anyone who disagrees that there were some intriguing physical tools there is lying to themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:33 am 

Pace should be fired. Why would we trust him even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 am 

Yea the 2016 class is collapsing before our eyes. Only Whitehair and Howard appear good while Bullard and Kwiatkowski are merely adequate. Floyd has disappeared. The 2015 class has been wiped out too, they aren't getting anything from that group other than a few games from Eddie Goldman every so often.

Pace and Fox are lame ducks, unless (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky starts next week and carries them to the playoffs there's no saving them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 am 

America wrote:
you never really know until you see it. Anyone who disagrees that there were some intriguing physical tools there is lying to themselves.

Nah, man. I watched Mike Glennon play before now. Nothing intriguing about him. There's a reason I consistently told you and Nas the dude fucking sucked despite your protestation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Pace should be fired. Why would we trust him even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good?

Howard, Whitehair, Floyd(everyone on this board has gone insane expecting Demarcus Ware, Floyd is good), Hicks, Cohen, and others he acquired provides a solid foundation for a team. Still need to work on WR/OT/CB, but he's done a decent job rebuilding on the fly with an old, terrible coach he may or may not be stuck with, depending on who you believe. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he has done a legitimately very good job rebuilding this franchise.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Pace is going nowhere. He will get another coach hire and several more drafts.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am 

America wrote:

I know you automatically lose a debate by quoting a post twice, but really I have to ask... what physical tools are you referring to? He doesn't have a strong arm, he has poor footwork, he has poor speed/quickness/scrambling ability, he has a very long, slow release. There is literally nothing about him physically that is intriguing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Howard, Whitehair, Floyd(everyone on this board has gone insane expecting Demarcus Ware, Floyd is good), Hicks, Cohen, and others he acquired provides a solid foundation for a team. Still need to work on WR/OT/CB, but he's done a decent job rebuilding on the fly with an old, terrible coach he may or may not be stuck with, depending on who you believe. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he has done a legitimately very good job rebuilding this franchise.

His rebuild is failing. Running back is the only strength he has built and the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick was easy. You just said the Packers outclassed the Bears in every facet and now you are saying the rebuild is going well? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

His rebuild is failing. Running back is the only strength he has built and the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick was easy. You just said the Packers outclassed the Bears in every facet and now you are saying the rebuild is going well? :lol:

Why is that funny? The Bears had/have a long way to go to catch up to the second most consistent NFL team of the past decade.

O Line and front 7(2nd and 3rd most important aspects of a football team after the QB) are strengths when healthy as well.

Rome wasn't built in a day, my friend. Patience.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 am 

It's funny because you are not being consistent. The Packers aren't that good and they outclassed the Bears at every position. Not good for a guy who has been here 3 years. Why would we trust him to suddenly get good at his job?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:02 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's funny because you are not being consistent. The Packers aren't that good and they outclassed the Bears at every position. Not good for a guy who has been here 3 years. Why would we trust him to suddenly get good at his job?

He's been doing a good job. He had to clear out a lot of garbage from the Emery era and essentially start from scratch.

How many teams do you think are better than GB right now?

I will say this - if he has full autonomy to fire Fox and hasn't done so yet, that's a near fireable offense. I just don't know what to believe in regards to that. With a decent coach this would be a decent and up and coming team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 am 

It's annoying because he's bad, but the receivers are too so you cant even find out about that 2-3% chance that Glennon can actually be decent.

"He's a good player"
-David Carr

He's not. Not so far anyway.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:09 am 

Without looking at least 5 teams are better than the Packers but it's even more damning since Rodgers is good enough to make them look better than they are and according to you the Packers outclassed them in all facets.

This is his third year and the only real building blocks are running backs and hopefully (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm guessing many other GMs are likely to be just as good if not better than Pace.

Would you trade your GM for Pace?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next