It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's annoying because he's bad, but the receivers are too so you cant even find out about that 2-3% chance that Glennon can actually be decent.

He's a good player
-David Carr

I don't buy that. We know Glennon sucks. If he was taking shots and they were being dropped due to bad hands or lack of separation I would agree with you. That's not the case. Glennon is genuinely very bad and theres zero potential there.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
It's annoying because he's bad, but the receivers are too so you cant even find out about that 2-3% chance that Glennon can actually be decent.

He's a good player
-David Carr

He badly missed open receivers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Without looking at least 5 teams are better than the Packers but it's even more damning since Rodgers is good enough to make them look better than they are and according to you the Packers outclassed them in all facets.

This is his third year and the only real building blocks are running backs and hopefully (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm guessing many other GMs are likely to be just as good if not better than Pace.

Would you trade your GM for Pace?

I wouldn't trade TT for Pace but again, TT is responsible for the second most consistently good NFL team since I graduated high school. It's a ridiculously high bar to hold a rookie GM up to.

The Packers aren't that good but also only five teams are better than them? Doesn't compute.

I think you're conflating building blocks with All Pro type players. There's a ton of building blocks on this team. They aren't very weak anywhere outside of WR, OT, and possibly CB(secondary looking better than expected though)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:21 am 

If Glennon throws a pick instead of getting that touchdown before half, would Mitch have started the 2nd?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 am 

The Packers shouldn't dominate any team in all facets without it being a big warning sign for the team that gets dominated. They aren't a great team. Rodgers gets them to the playoffs.

I want my rebuild to have future difference makers. I'm not celebrating having future average players.

I'll ask it a different way. If Pace was fired today would he get another GM job in the next 5 years?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If Glennon throws a pick instead of getting that touchdown before half, would Mitch have started the 2nd?

Doubtful. Fox is probably the most conservative coach in the NFL. The longer he's employed the more it will hurt (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
you never really know until you see it. Anyone who disagrees that there were some intriguing physical tools there is lying to themselves.

I know you automatically lose a debate by quoting a post twice, but really I have to ask... what physical tools are you referring to? He doesn't have a strong arm, he has poor footwork, he has poor speed/quickness/scrambling ability, he has a very long, slow release. There is literally nothing about him physically that is intriguing.

He's tall, accurate and displayed arm strength in the past. I dont know what happened to that arm strength, but it ahs evidently disappeared. Its clear now that he is terrible, but not so clear back in the Spring before we got such an extended look at him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:24 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Doubtful. Fox is probably the most conservative coach in the NFL. The longer he's employed the more it will hurt (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development.

I don't know. I was feeling like he might. As conservative as he is, getting your ass kicked and doing nothing about it on national tv isnt anyone's style.

Romo and Nantz were talking like it was a possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:25 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Besides injury I think the next game was always his first chance to play. Bye week and low expectations because it's clear they suck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:26 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Pace should be fired. Why would we trust him even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good?

Howard, Whitehair, Floyd(everyone on this board has gone insane expecting Demarcus Ware, Floyd is good), Hicks, Cohen, and others he acquired provides a solid foundation for a team. Still need to work on WR/OT/CB, but he's done a decent job rebuilding on the fly with an old, terrible coach he may or may not be stuck with, depending on who you believe. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he has done a legitimately very good job rebuilding this franchise.

That's all he has after three drafts and free agent classes. Its bad, even if you give him a break for starting with literally nothing its bad.

but he drafted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hits his ceiling Pace will forever be a tragic hero in Chicago sports history.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:26 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The Packers shouldn't dominate any team in all facets without it being a big warning sign for the team that gets dominated. They aren't a great team. Rodgers gets them to the playoffs.

I want my rebuild to have future difference makers. I'm not celebrating having future average players.

I'll ask it a different way. If Pace was fired today would he get another GM job in the next 5 years?

Your last question is irrelevant to this discussion solely because none of us has any clue what the correct answer is.

You and others seem to want to divorce the QB from the team but you can't do that. It's like saying the Cavs aren't great without LeBron. Acquiring the 2nd best QB of the last 20 years is a HUGE plus for that GM and it rightly diminishes other concerns.

Most of us here think the Falcons are better than GB. GB did outclass the Bears last night in almost every facet, that's not really debatable, but they played the Falcons to a near draw. Are you honestly placing your entire evaluation of the team on solely last night?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good Pace will be the hottest item on the front office market. I've said this before, teams are desperate to crack the QB code.

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
When is the media's fascination with Howie Long's kid come to an end?

Wake me when he actually does something besides flapping his lips.

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
you never really know until you see it. Anyone who disagrees that there were some intriguing physical tools there is lying to themselves.

I know you automatically lose a debate by quoting a post twice, but really I have to ask... what physical tools are you referring to? He doesn't have a strong arm, he has poor footwork, he has poor speed/quickness/scrambling ability, he has a very long, slow release. There is literally nothing about him physically that is intriguing.

He's tall, accurate and displayed arm strength in the past. I dont know what happened to that arm strength, but it ahs evidently disappeared. Its clear now that he is terrible, but not so clear back in the Spring before we got such an extended look at him.

He never had good arm strength. He's not very accurate either.

He is tall, but I don't think Robin Lopez would be a good QB either.

To rock my soul

Mike Glennon looks like he lives under a bridge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:29 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't know. I was feeling like he might. As conservative as he is, getting your ass kicked and doing nothing about it on national tv isnt anyone's style.

:lol:

That literally IS Fox's style.

Remember the SB?

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:29 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
When is the media's fascination with Howie Long's kid come to an end?

Wake me when he actually does something besides flapping his lips.

Long/Whitehair/Sitton is about as good an interior line as there is in the NFL. You can find complaints about anything on this team other than the interior OL and the RB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:30 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol:

That literally IS Fox's style

I mean when you have a reasonable move to make (replacing the QB)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 am 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Pace should be fired. Why would we trust him even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good?

Howard, Whitehair, Floyd(everyone on this board has gone insane expecting Demarcus Ware, Floyd is good), Hicks, Cohen, and others he acquired provides a solid foundation for a team. Still need to work on WR/OT/CB, but he's done a decent job rebuilding on the fly with an old, terrible coach he may or may not be stuck with, depending on who you believe. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he has done a legitimately very good job rebuilding this franchise.

That's all he has after three drafts and free agent classes. Its bad, even if you give him a break for starting with literally nothing its bad.

but he drafted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hits his ceiling Pace will forever be a tragic hero in Chicago sports history.

That's not all he has, those are the bright spots. Outside of that he's built a solidly competent team that is a WR or two, a QB(who he may have already gotten), and a coach away from contention. That's really not that far off from what should be reasonable after three years.

I'm not saying he's been flawless by any means. Like I said, if he's keeping Fox by choice I already retract this entire argument. The Glennon contract and keeping Cutler the extra year are also indefensible. Even great GMs have embarrassing moves though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Your last question is irrelevant to this discussion solely because none of us has any clue what the correct answer is.
The answer is no.
FavreFan wrote:
You and others seem to want to divorce the QB from the team but you can't do that. It's like saying the Cavs aren't great without LeBron. Acquiring the 2nd best QB of the last 20 years is a HUGE plus for that GM and it rightly diminishes other concerns.
You are the one that said the Packers beat the Bears in "every facet". They aren't that dominant that they should do that to anyone. That was your analysis of the game until it became inconvenient to something else you wanted to say.
FavreFan wrote:
Most of us here think the Falcons are better than GB. GB did outclass the Bears last night in almost every facet, that's not really debatable, but they played the Falcons to a near draw. Are you honestly placing your entire evaluation of the team on solely last night?
You know that week 1 ends up with some strange scores like that. The Falcons and Green Bay are significantly better than the Bears. Do you agree?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:36 am 

FavreFan wrote:
That's not all he has, those are the bright spots. Outside of that he's built a solidly competent team that is a WR or two, a QB(who he may have already gotten), and a coach away from contention. That's really not that far off from what should be reasonable after three years.
Solidly competent team? :lol:
FavreFan wrote:
I'm not saying he's been flawless by any means. Like I said, if he's keeping Fox by choice I already retract this entire argument. The Glennon contract and keeping Cutler the extra year are also indefensible. Even great GMs have embarrassing moves though.
Ignore (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and the running backs(which is the easiest position to get an impact player). What players on the Bears do you predict are high impact players in the next few years? I'm talking about guys who you could project to being a potential pro bowl player.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

they also need an entire defensive backfield, dont forget that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ignore (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and the running backs(which is the easiest position to get an impact player). What players on the Bears do you predict are high impact players in the next few years? I'm talking about guys who you could project to being a potential pro bowl player.

Well Whitehair is already one of the best lineman overall in the NFL, much less best centers. But is center really a high impact position? Not saying its unimportant, but goddamn the Bears just need someone who can make a fucking play.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:40 am 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

they also need an entire defensive backfield, dont forget that.

They should, but that entire group is playing well so far. Not sure what to make of it yet. Eddie Jackson might be a keeper.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The answer is no.
Wrong. The answer is neither of us know. It's not worth debating - that is the answer to your question.
FavreFan wrote:
You are the one that said the Packers beat the Bears in "every facet". They aren't that dominant that they should do that to anyone. That was your analysis of the game until it became inconvenient to something else you wanted to say.
Once again, it's a bad idea to draw sweeping conclusions about a team from one game,
FavreFan wrote:
You know that week 1 ends up with some strange scores like that. The Falcons and Green Bay are significantly better than the Bears. Do you agree?
I agree the two best teams in the NFC are significantly better than the Bears. I disagree that it's a reason to fire the Bears GM.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Again, not sure what is so funny. That's a reasonable expectation for a GM who is rebuilding from scratch and has made a couple mistakes along the way.
FavreFan wrote:
Whitehair, Howard, Long, Floyd, possibly Jackson, Cohen, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm sure there's a couple others I'm not thinking of immediately.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:49 am 

I'm confident that the Bears will prove as the season goes on that they aren't as good as most of the teams on their schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm confident that the Bears will prove as the season goes on that they aren't as good as most of the teams on their schedule.

I agree, but I think a lot of that is because they have one of the worst coaches(I know Fox's credentials, Vince Lombardi would also not be a good coach for this Bears team) and QB's in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 am 

Quote:
Whitehair, Howard, Long, Floyd, possibly Jackson, Cohen, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I'm sure there's a couple others I'm not thinking of immediately.

So, outside of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky(easy pick) and the running backs(easiest position in the game to find impact players), that's 3 players and a maybe, and one of them wasn't even a Pace pick.

This rebuild is going great. I trust Pace to build depth on the team by adding good talent at the pace of 2 players per year!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Bridge QB....to nowhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next