It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Pace is officially on the clock now. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky does not perform as well as Watson or other rookie QBs, he's got to be gone, right?

I saw a "redo of the 2016 NFL draft" online the other day. Who you could pick with hindsight. Jordan Howard, Whitehair, and Leonard Floyd(lol) were all 1st round picks. It looks like he found a gem this year in Cohen. Eddie Jackson looks good too.

He's got some momentum with the draft, so I would not fire him. I don't want to start over. He's on notice though and better fix the WR position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Caller Bob wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Pace is officially on the clock now. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky does not perform as well as Watson or other rookie QBs, he's got to be gone, right?

I saw a "redo of the 2016 NFL draft" online the other day. Who you could pick with hindsight. Jordan Howard, Whitehair, and Leonard Floyd(lol) were all 1st round picks. It looks like he found a gem this year in Cohen. Eddie Jackson looks good too.

He's got some momentum with the draft, so I would not fire him. I don't want to start over. He's on notice though and better fix the WR position.

Not to bad with O Line signings either.

Sitton and Massie have been decent to good right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Not to bad with O Line signings either.

Sitton and Massie have been decent to good right?

Yeah. And by no means am I defending Pace here. Especially the WR position, it angers me so much how he purposefully voided the talent there. I don't want him fired, but for that I'd like to see him get Frank Roosevelt disease and have to manage this team from a wheelchair.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I have been ok with Pace to date. But we all know he staked his entire career with the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. The fact that he traded up when none of the major QB's in the draft were universally recognized as the best means he went way out on a limb. If it works out, he will be hailed as a gutsy genius. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky flops, then he will be fired and join a long list of failed Bears executives.

I think he has an eye for talent. There was nothing when he got here, but the team is still lacking play makers and depth. However, he has found some decent talent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I have been ok with Pace to date. But we all know he staked his entire career with the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick. The fact that he traded up when none of the major QB's in the draft were universally recognized as the best means he went way out on a limb. If it works out, he will be hailed as a gutsy genius. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky flops, then he will be fired and join a long list of failed Bears executives.

I think he has an eye for talent. There was nothing when he got here, but the team is still lacking play makers and depth. However, he has found some decent talent.

The "trade up" is being overblown... If Trubiski is great..Pace is great too. If Trubiski flops, Pace is done. And the same scenario would have applied if he stayed at #3 and took him. A 3rd round pick or whatever isn't moving needles here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 pm 

Also the "2018 QB class" narrative is falling apart. Darnold looks awful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Caller Bob wrote:
Also the "2018 QB class" narrative is falling apart. Darnold looks awful.

Yeah, Darnold has fallen off a cliff in my eyes, but I'm sure some GM would still take him top 10 right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 pm 

Hopefully Pace can take advantage of one and trade down for more picks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:

The Glennon experiment was awful. That alone is a fireable offense - Glennon was a known commodity.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:49 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The Glennon experiment was awful. That alone is a fireable offense - Glennon was a known commodity.

Glennon probably was a diversion, so nobody had them taking a QB in round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He had the third pick and no one thought any QB was worth a top 5 pick. Seems like this guy loves to bid against himself.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Glennon had very little NFL experience. He has been nothing short of a disaster. It's not like they gave him a five year contract with a huge guarantee. It's easy to cut and run from Glennon and was better than bringing back a barely committed Cutler. It could have worked out, but clearly didn't.

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He had the third pick and no one thought any QB was worth a top 5 pick. Seems like this guy loves to bid against himself.

The reality is, if Trubiski is good, nobody is going to give a fuck about what they paid Mike Glennon. Nobody. Well maybe you.

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Not so much of a diversion, but a "WTF do we do if the Browns go and take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky 1.1?"

If their scouts didn't think Watson would fit their approach, Glennon bought them a year to reboot, fire Fox, and either sign a real FA or pick somebody in the 2018 draft.

I called this the day they signed him, except I got Kizer and Watson mixed up and wrote they were taking Kizer at 3 which sounds stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

maybe after they had him in training camp, but he was a better QB with the Bucs. Watch his game tapes (what little there is)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm 

A fireable offense for Pace might be letting Jeffrey walk without replacement(Pryor, Garcon, Maclin..) there were options out there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:01 pm 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Glennon had very little NFL experience. He has been nothing short of a disaster. It's not like they gave him a five year contract with a huge guarantee. It's easy to cut and run from Glennon and was better than bringing back a barely committed Cutler. It could have worked out, but clearly didn't.

He had enough on tape for the Bucs to draft a QB in the first round, demote Glennon, and then watch him walk.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The reality is, if Trubiski is good, nobody is going to give a fuck about what they paid Mike Glennon. Nobody. Well maybe you.

Who said anything about the money? I certainly didn't. Try to keep up. I care about a 1-3 record that's largely on the shoulders of an inept QB who shouldn't be a starter in the first place. This was obvious to the whole league except for your guy Pace.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

maybe after they had him in training camp, but he was a better QB with the Bucs. Watch his game tapes (what little there is)

There was plenty of tape on Glennon. He was benched for Josh Mcown in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... as-bucs-qb

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Who said anything about the money? I certainly didn't. Try to keep up. I care about a 1-3 record that's largely on the shoulders of an inept QB who shouldn't be a starter in the first place. This was obvious to the whole league except for your guy Pace.

Ok, so we sign EJ Manual instead....or Brian Hoyer...we are 2-2? What was your better solution?\

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ok, so we sign EJ Manual instead....or Brian Hoyer...we are 2-2? What was your better solution?\

A competent game manager who can handle things while the rookie studies, and not kill the Bears' chances.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm 

I thought Glennon was a capable game manager too. Many did.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

his line was worse than this line. He's robotic, he's bad with pressure but he's a decent QB. Certainly better than McCown. That one's on Lovie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Many did.

Not sure about that. The signing was roundly mocked when it happened, and not just because of the money. Glennon just sucked and hadn't played for two years after being demoted. Who thinks that's a recipe for future success?

Here's a typical reaction at the time:

Quote:
Glennon’s best attribute — and the one that may have convinced Chicago to sign him instead of someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick — is that we haven’t seen him play for two years. Maybe he doesn’t stink anymore! We can’t say for sure that he’s bad, because we can’t possibly know. But the chances that Glennon developed into a franchise quarterback while sitting on the bench are … not good.

His biggest deficiencies as a passer weren’t going to be solved holding a clipboard. Glennon has a lot of trouble handling pressure. He just isn’t good at navigating the pocket and finding space to throw. That’s a problem in the NFL, where a clean pocket is as rare as a 27-year-old quarterback with little experience earning a big-money contract.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/nfl-fre ... n-contract

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 pm 

There was a ton of 'unknown' on Glennon, enough to make teams believe he was a legit swing at a QB fix. Anything else, signing a stop gap and it would have been clear the Bears were drafting a QB early.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

his line was worse than this line. He's robotic, he's bad with pressure but he's a decent QB. Certainly better than McCown. That one's on Lovie.

No way Glennon is better than Mccown.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:28 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Many did.

Not sure about that. The signing was roundly mocked when it happened, and not just because of the money. Glennon just sucked and hadn't played for two years after being demoted. Who thinks that's a recipe for future success?

Here's a typical reaction at the time:

Quote:
Glennon’s best attribute — and the one that may have convinced Chicago to sign him instead of someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick — is that we haven’t seen him play for two years. Maybe he doesn’t stink anymore! We can’t say for sure that he’s bad, because we can’t possibly know. But the chances that Glennon developed into a franchise quarterback while sitting on the bench are … not good.

His biggest deficiencies as a passer weren’t going to be solved holding a clipboard. Glennon has a lot of trouble handling pressure. He just isn’t good at navigating the pocket and finding space to throw. That’s a problem in the NFL, where a clean pocket is as rare as a 27-year-old quarterback with little experience earning a big-money contract.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/nfl-fre ... n-contract

Lovie wanted McCown. Let's call it what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Predict his statline for Monday night.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
IMU wrote:
Predict his statline for Monday night.

24-37, 289 yards, 2 TDs, 1 Rushing, 1 int

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
10-21, 157 yards, 1 TD, 35 yards rushing, sacked 3 times, no turnovers

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next