It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 am 

America wrote:
Uh he's definitely shown it on the field. The numbers aren't great, but he's obviously talented. He's made some pretty nice plays.
I think you and others are taking things the wrong way. He clearly has talent and makes some nice throws that many can't even with many more years in the league. You still can't ignore the fact that his overall results have been below average. Now, maybe it's a lack of talent around him but that also concerns me given that we spent the last 8 or so years making the same excuse for the last guy. Now, I do think there is a lack of talent around him but that may also mean we should fire Pace.

To put it another way, he better end up with significantly better numbers than this or he's a pretty bad bust. It's too early to project that but that is why I say he hasn't been impressive yet. It may not be his fault and it may just be that he is still learning but I'm not ready to throw a party over him yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Uh he's definitely shown it on the field. The numbers aren't great, but he's obviously talented. He's made some pretty nice plays.
I think you and others are taking things the wrong way. He clearly has talent and makes some nice throws that many can't even with many more years in the league. You still can't ignore the fact that his overall results have been below average. Now, maybe it's a lack of talent around him but that also concerns me given that we spent the last 8 or so years making the same excuse for the last guy. Now, I do think there is a lack of talent around him but that may also mean we should fire Pace.

To put it another way, he better end up with significantly better numbers than this or he's a pretty bad bust. It's too early to project that but that is why I say he hasn't been impressive yet. It may not be his fault and it may just be that he is still learning but I'm not ready to throw a party over him yet.

As usual(when talking about non-Sox things), you and America are both wrong. He has plenty of surrounding talent, he just needs one playmaker WR that can be had in FA or the top of the draft this upcoming summer. Outside of that one thing the offense is fine.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

As usual(when talking about non-Sox things), you and America are both wrong. He has plenty of surrounding talent, he just needs one playmaker WR that can be had in FA or the top of the draft this upcoming summer. Outside of that one thing the offense is fine.

They have a hole at "guy who can snap the ball consistently"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

They have a hole at "guy who can snap the ball consistently"

MANY issues with that in the NFL yesterday.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
He has plenty of surrounding talent.
Not really. He has a great running game and an adequate OLine. He has terrible receivers. As RPB mentioned, Whitehair cannot snap.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He has plenty of surrounding talent.
Not really. He has a great running game and an adequate OLine. He has terrible receivers. As RPB mentioned, Whitehair cannot snap.

Between Howard and Cohen you would be hard pressed to find a better backfield in the entire NFL. Many of you Bear fans act like that ain't shit but it's a pretty hard thing to duplicate. The line and the TEs can be improved but they are easily adequate or better in both areas. Kendall Wright is a professional WR and Meredith might be a very good possession WR.

Find your playmaker WR and your offense is set. If you still don't believe me, look at Aaron Rodgers stats when Jordy Nelson plays and when he doesn't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 am 

FavreFan wrote:
He's down two WRs this year, though counting on Kevin White was stupid to begin with. You seem to have quite a high opinion of the talent level of the Bears this year. You think they are a playoff team next year?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He's down two WRs this year, though counting on Kevin White was stupid to begin with. You seem to have quite a high opinion of the talent level of the Bears this year. You think they are a playoff team next year?

If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a league average QB next year I think they will make the playoffs. Although, they have a higher bar for that than most teams if Rodgers is healthy.

I'm a HUGE fan of Howard. I think he's possibly the best "running" RB in the entire NFL.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Kendall Wright is a professional WR and Meredith might be a very good possession WR.

LOL

I stand corrected. Wright is a professional football player. The WRs are just fine, folks.

And Meredith is hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Kendall Wright is a professional WR and Meredith might be a very good possession WR.

LOL

I stand corrected. Wright is a professional football player. The WRs are just fine, folks.

And Meredith is hurt.

I think you're confused. We are talking about the potential of the offense beyond this season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 am 
100000 CLUB

We are talking about potential. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seems to have a lot of that. I think that for MANY, his numbers this year won't tell the whole story. So far, he is passing the eye test for the most part.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
We are talking about potential. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seems to have a lot of that. I think that for MANY, his numbers this year won't tell the whole story. So far, he is passing the eye test for the most part.

I agree with all of that. I also understand why someone would say they aren't impressed with him. I wouldn't question their football knowledge or call them a fucking idiot for saying as much.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I have no idea how you can evaluate this QB, with this team. I know this...he can throw on the run, somewhat accurately, and accordingly he is somewhat mobile. I have no idea to what level he can evaluate defenses. I do know if he keeps getting sacked 4 plus times a game, I'm going to wish they sat him the rest of the season, until they can get him a decent line, which was supposed to be a strength this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I have no idea how you can evaluate this QB, with this team. I know this...he can throw on the run, somewhat accurately, and accordingly he is somewhat mobile. I have no idea to what level he can evaluate defenses. I do know if he keeps getting sacked 4 plus times a game, I'm going to wish they sat him the rest of the season, until they can get him a decent line, which was supposed to be a strength this season.

Their line is a strength, it's just better at run blocking, which is fine. That's what this entire offense is built to do.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I like Eddie Jackson...he's dropping houses on guys. Just need to keep him from knocking his own players into next Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 am 

FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Their line is a strength, it's just better at run blocking, which is fine. That's what this entire offense is built to do.

getting sacked 4 times a game is not fine. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Almost no offensive line in the entire NFL or in the 20 years I've been watching it has been elite at both pass blocking and run blocking. They almost always specialize in one area, and they are purposely constructed in that manner. The Bears line is built for run blocking. They are intentionally not a great pass blocking unit and will not be without a pretty major overhaul, which won't happen in the next 2 years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:33 am 

FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Almost no offensive line in the entire NFL or in the 20 years I've been watching it has been elite at both pass blocking and run blocking. They almost always specialize in one area, and they are purposely constructed in that manner. The Bears line is built for run blocking. They are intentionally not a great pass blocking unit and will not be without a pretty major overhaul, which won't happen in the next 2 years.

so what's going to keep Mitch upright?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am 
100000 CLUB

COF, there were a couple of jailbreaks yesterday but some of these sacks are on Mitch for holding the ball too long. Now, at times he is probably holding the ball longer because his WRs cannot get open. Still though, he needs to be getting rid of the ball quicker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
COF, there were a couple of jailbreaks yesterday but some of these sacks are on Mitch for holding the ball too long. Now, at times he is probably holding the ball longer because his WRs cannot get open. Still though, he needs to be getting rid of the ball quicker.

so the short answer is receivers who create more separation? Because he's holding the ball waiting for someone to finally be open...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Same thing that keeps most rookie QBs upright: his legs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Some of you guys are insane. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a guy that is raw and he's already doing things that only a couple of guys in the league can do. He went on the road and won in overtime. Led the team to their first road victory in 2 years with a clutch 3rd down completion. Once he learns the game the sky is the limit.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am 

FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Same thing that keeps most rookie QBs upright: his legs.

you are failing to comfort me.

Be specific, Nas. What things is he doing that only a couple guys in the league can do?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Fox is rightly blasted for his decisions, but Harbaugh and/or Flacco fucked up the end of regulation by burning all their timeouts and then throwing in the middle of the field as time expired before Tucker could attempt a game winner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The 3rd down throw in OT and TD on the run were plays that maybe 10 people in the world are capable of making against NFL defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
8 of 16, 1 TD, 116 passing yards. I see the talent, but those aren't exactly eye popping statistics.

I went back to try and find a good comparable and picked Eli Manning. In 2004 he played in 9 games and started 7. He threw 197 times with 95 completions for 1,043 yards. 6 TD's 9 INT's.

I guess there's hope for Mitch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 am 

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is talented enough to take the Bears to the playoffs this year. They only have 4 losses, so they could lose two more and still be safely in.

They'll need to start balancing their attack more and the pass rug needs to get better. That would help. But if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can make gold out of Dion Sims and Kendall Wright they'll make it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 am 

denisdman wrote:
8 of 16, 1 TD, 116 passing yards. I see the talent, but those aren't exactly eye popping statistics.

I went back to try and find a good comparable and picked Eli Manning. In 2004 he played in 9 games and started 7. He threw 197 times with 95 completions for 1,043 yards. 6 TD's 9 INT's.

https://twitter.com/tvippolis/status/91 ... 80256?s=09

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
America wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Check out @tvippolis’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/tvippolis/status/91 ... 80256?s=09

I am in the Brick camp. His thoughts mirror mine.

There is potential there and stuff to be excited about. It's tough to evaluate as he has been given so few opportunities to make plays. They have punters and running backs throwing touchdown passes......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am 

Part of the issue here is Cutler. Cutler could make that throw as well and we all know how that went.

It is not far to Mitch, but part of the scepticism is based on the failures of Cutler.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next