It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
denisdman wrote:
8 of 16, 1 TD, 116 passing yards. I see the talent, but those aren't exactly eye popping statistics.

I went back to try and find a good comparable and picked Eli Manning. In 2004 he played in 9 games and started 7. He threw 197 times with 95 completions for 1,043 yards. 6 TD's 9 INT's.

I guess there's hope for Mitch.

Of course there is.

But it is clear he isn't ready yet. And it may take him longer with his lack of starting experience. Without factoring in "hope," he has been awful. He had some Bob Avellini type numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
America wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is talented enough to take the Bears to the playoffs this year. They only have 4 losses, so they could lose two more and still be safely in.

They'll need to start balancing their attack more and the pass rug needs to get better. That would help. But if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can make gold out of Dion Sims and Kendall Wright they'll make it.

lol wut :drunken: :bom:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
There aren't many rookies in football history who come out and light up the world in their first two games. The expectations here are pretty unrealistic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
leashyourkids wrote:
There aren't many rookies in football history who come out and light up the world in their first two games. The expectations here are pretty unrealistic.

His touted accuracy is nowhere to be seen. His playbook seems extremely small. They tried keeping him in a traditional pocket yesterday and there were essentially very little results. The Bears ran the ball...60 times?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
City of Fools wrote:

Be specific, Nas. What things is he doing that only a couple guys in the league can do?

He throws on the run better than nearly all the QBs in the NFL.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am 

IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

His touted accuracy is nowhere to be seen. His playbook seems extremely small. They tried keeping him in a traditional pocket yesterday and there were essentially very little results. The Bears ran the ball...60 times?

touted accuracy? I don't know that that was his first selling point...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Yes, even Ronde Barber was saying some of his pass attempts were not even close to the receiver. His biggest completions thus far have been semi-jump balls and/or tips, which were Cutler hallmarks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am 

IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think those are arguments in his favor. All we need to see at this point is flashes to have optimism, and there were absolutely flashes yesterday. He will continue to get better, and hopefully he gets more talent around him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The one thing I will say is he does have some offensive weapons.

At TE: Miller and company seem to offer an occasional big target

At WR: Wright has stepped forward as someone who can make a big catch.

At RB: Howard and Cohen are a nice tandem but Cunningham also runs the ball pretty well.

Nothing great (save for Howard,who might be the best offensive pick by a Bear GM since Neal Anderson) but some sunlight in there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 am 

Random thought, after O'Donnell's shank yesterday. Why not teach (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to punt?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hes got a very good line, very good backs and sat for 5 weeks to learn. Running around and connecting for 50% of his attemots dont impress me. Stand in the pocket and throw the ball downfield.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is talented enough to take the Bears to the playoffs this year.

No. Of course that's not true. I guess people are hellbent on saying crazy shit about him though. Bears Monday!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Random thought, after O'Donnell's shank yesterday. Why not teach (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to punt?

No

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

like trading up for this guy and giving up what they gave when they could have had Watson realistic?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

You are correct:

America wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is talented enough to take the Bears to the playoffs this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think those are arguments in his favor. All we need to see at this point is flashes to have optimism, and there were absolutely flashes yesterday. He will continue to get better, and hopefully he gets more talent around him.

He's already got one of the best backfields in the league behind him. Don't get greedy. Great QBs make great WRs

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
City of Fools wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

like trading up for this guy and giving up what they gave when they could have had Watson realistic?

Trubiski would look pretty good too throwing to Hopkins and Fuller.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Trubiski would look pretty good too throwing to Hopkins and Fuller.

Almost certainly not as good as Watson.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am 

I'm not even going to debate this..the skill position difference is night and day. Braxton Miller is the #1 WR on the Bears. Hopkins are Fuller are two #1 picks living up to their potential and then some. Watson easily has the best set of WR's in the NFL right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am 

Trubiski also went against to very very good pass defenses. He's got another one Sunday in Carolina..then it gets softer...if he doesn't start tearing up the likes of New Orleans, yeah, then worry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He's already got one of the best backfields in the league behind him. Don't get greedy. Great QBs make great WRs

:roll: ok, now that's not true. Has Dax made Dez great?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
That's not what I'm saying at least. Of course any rookie quarterback should be able to make quality NFL throws. I mean, we're basically celebrating now that he doesn't already look like a huge bust. I understand his numbers are going to improve and it's only two games but I'm not ready to celebrate him just yet when if he keeps up at this pace he'll be a backup in a couple years.

We can celebrate when we get the great (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky game this year. I think it will happen too but I also don't think we should search for proof that isn't really there yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:10 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm not even going to debate this..the skill position difference is night and day. Braxton Miller is the #1 WR on the Bears. Hopkins are Fuller are two #1 picks living up to their potential and then some. Watson easily has the best set of WR's in the NFL right now.

:lol:

This whole post is dumb as shit if you actually were trying to be sincere. Kendall Wright is much better than Will Fuller and it's just simply nonsensical to compare him to a guy like Braxton Miller who isn't even really a WR.

The Texans don't have nearly the best WRs in the league. Denver's tandem is clearly better and a number of other teams would be as good or better if we cared to dig in further.

Come join us back on Earth and we can talk about the Bears/(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Watson

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:roll: ok, now that's not true. Has Dax made Dez great?

Rolling of the eyes is always a sign of weakness. Be better.

But I was half kidding with my last sentence. I was sincere about the first sentence. You can upgrade the WR corps but there needs to be an understanding of opportunity cost here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Kendall Wright is much better than Will Fuller

ok, you have clearly lost all of your football credibility here...Kendell Wright better than Will Fuller? Are you fucking serious? Fuller is one of the better young WR's in football.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
That's not what I'm saying at least. Of course any rookie quarterback should be able to make quality NFL throws. I mean, we're basically celebrating now that he doesn't already look like a huge bust. I understand his numbers are going to improve and it's only two games but I'm not ready to celebrate him just yet when if he keeps up at this pace he'll be a backup in a couple years.

We can celebrate when we get the great (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky game this year. I think it will happen too but I also don't think we should search for proof that isn't really there yet.

I don't think we'll get a "(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky game" unless the game calling drastically changes. He threw 16 times yesterday. That's not enough opportunity. I'm not saying their game plan is wrong - they have a very good rushing attack, and the plan won them a game yesterday. I just don't see a scenario where they take the chains off and let him start slinging it. If they do, it will probably be because they are losing badly, which isn't a great situation to have a good game for a rookie QB. More than likely, it would lead to a number of turnovers.

Also, to clarify, I don't think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the next Aaron Rodgers or anyone great. Those are generational talents. If he winds up being a very good QB with a good head on his shoulders, I'll be satisfied.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
if he doesn't start tearing up the likes of New Orleans, yeah, then worry.

Speaking of which, see Tate's TD catch yesterday...Holy shit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

ok, you have clearly lost all of your football credibility here...Kendell Wright better than Will Fuller? Are you fucking serious? Fuller is one of the better young WR's in football.

Fuller is fast. He's not a good WR yet. Wright is a much better wide receiver as of right now. Outside of his unsustainable TD ratio right now there's nothing to suggest he's better than a guy like Martavis Bryant. He's definitely not one of the better young WRs in football :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fuller is fast. He's not a good WR yet. Wright is a much better wide receiver as of right now. Outside of his unsustainable TD ratio right now there's nothing to suggest he's better than a guy like Martavis Bryant. He's definitely not one of the better young WRs in football :lol:

Will Fuller has 5 TD's in 3 games since getting healthy and debuting this year. He runs one of the best deep ball routes in football... Just stop..you are making a fool of yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Will Fuller has 5 TD's in 3 games since getting healthy and debuting this year. He runs one of the best deep ball routes in football... Just stop..you are making a fool of yourself.

I already talked about his unsustainable TD rate. Please talk about something else... oh wait.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next