It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Will Fuller was a 1st round draft pick last year. Kendall Wright signed a 1 year deal with the Bears this offseason. Nobody besides the Bears wanted him. Not a single GM in the NFL would take Wright over Will Fuller. You really need to stop. This is getting ugly for you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Will Fuller was a 1st round draft pick last year. Kendall Wright signed a 1 year deal with the Bears this offseason. Nobody besides the Bears wanted him. Not a single GM in the NFL would take Wright over Will Fuller. You really need to stop. This is getting ugly for you.

Relax with the "I need to win an argument finally" desperation of the last couple sentences and just discuss this. First round pick doesn't mean shit when we are talking about objective on the field results of present day. All of us would take Fuller over Wright going forward. But Wright is a solid WR. He's not great but he's a good enough every play starter. That's more than Fuller has shown to be so far. If I have 5 seconds left and need a 50 yard TD I'm taking Fuller. If I need to win a game next week I'm taking Wright. I believe most GMs would agree with me on that latter point but what you and I think GMs think is irrelevant to the discussion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Caller Bob wrote:
Will Fuller was a 1st round draft pick last year.

So were Coleman, Doctson and Treadwell.

Not a great draft for WR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Corey Coleman will be good if he loses the Kevin White-itis.

Fuckin amazing catch by Treadwell yesterday.

Maybe Bob's on to something.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:32 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Relax with the "I need to win an argument finally" desperation of the last couple sentences and just discuss this. First round pick doesn't mean shit when we are talking about objective on the field results of present day. All of us would take Fuller over Wright going forward. But Wright is a solid WR. He's not great but he's a good enough every play starter. That's more than Fuller has shown to be so far. If I have 5 seconds left and need a 50 yard TD I'm taking Fuller. If I need to win a game next week I'm taking Wright. I believe most GMs would agree with me on that latter point but what you and I think GMs think is irrelevant to the discussion.

And you would be the only one....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Fuller is the best of the bunch..would have been even a higher 1st round pick based on what he did at Notre Dame if not for the dropsies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Nope. Bump this when Fuller has 94 catches or 1,000 yards in a single season. It might be awhile.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Fuller is the best of the bunch..would have been even a higher 1st round pick based on what he did at Notre Dame if not for the dropsies.

Yeah, holding onto the ball is one of those nitpicky things scouts like to see out of wide receivers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Nope. Bump this when Fuller has 94 catches or 1,000 yards in a single season. It might be awhile.

Unfortunately coaches and GM's care more about what a player is capable of producing today, rather than what he produced in 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Unfortunately coaches and GM's care more about what a player is capable of producing today, rather than what he produced in 2013.

Are you saying Kendall Wright is over the hill?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am 

He is certainly past his prime years...I think that's why nobody but the Bears came calling this off season. Unless every other team except Chicago missed on this player evaluation, which I doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He is certainly past his prime years...I think that's why nobody but the Bears came calling this off season. Unless every other team except Chicago missed on this player evaluation, which I doubt.

He's 27 years old. If the Bears didn't sign him another team would have. I don't think he's a good WR, I just think he's a competent possession WR. He's still gonna be in the league 3-4 years from now doing the same shit. Will Fuller might be a superstar. Right now he's proven to be a fast, big-play, boom or bust WR. If trying to win one game Wright is going to help more than Fuller right now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
The Fuller vs Wright war was lost before the battle was even fought, but you have to admire Favrefan for sticking to his guns and going down in a blaze of glory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Do any of you think his running as soon as he gets the snap will work long term? Has any team ever won anything with a qb that cant stand in the pocket and throw downfield.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
whiskey dick wrote:
The Fuller vs Wright war was lost before the battle was even fought, but you have to admire Favrefan for sticking to his guns and going down in a blaze of glory.

yeah, I don't understand the endgame. You can make an argument that Mitch won't be an elite QB without having to resort to building up his supporting cast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
312player wrote:
Do any of you think his running as soon as he gets the snap will work long term? Has any team ever won anything with a qb that cant stand in the pocket and throw downfield.

Russell Wilson?

He was essentially in Trubinsky's situation with good run game and a good defense (Seahawks D was better but you get the point). He grew into a pocket passer from his initial year of just running around like a maniac.

Never really had/has good receivers in his career either...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm 

whiskey dick wrote:

I had to tell a few coworkers that laughed their asses off..nobody in their right mind takes Wright over Fuller.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I didn't know who Wright was before reading this thread.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I didn't know who Wright was before reading this thread.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I think Coleman will ultimately be the best as Fuller is more a Desean Jackson type that only hits home runs.

Treadwell was falling in estimation since the end of his Ole Miss career. I really liked him in college but he just does not separate. I think he will ultimately be considered a bust.

Doctson was a curios pick from the beginning from a team that makes many curious picks.

Wright might be a good slot receiver for a team with two good wideouts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
312player wrote:

Russell Wilson?

He was essentially in Trubinsky's situation with good run game and a good defense (Seahawks D was better but you get the point). He grew into a pocket passer from his initial year of just running around like a maniac.

89 Doug Baldwin
10 Deon Butler
11 Jermaine Kearse
18 Sidney Rice
81 Golden Tate
17 Braylon Edwards

That is a group of hall of famers compared to what the Bears have

Man, remember Sidney Rice? He was a thing for a minute.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:

yeah, I don't understand the endgame. You can make an argument that Mitch won't be an elite QB without having to resort to building up his supporting cast.

I'm not building up Wright. I specifically said I don't think he's very good. Will Fuller is being extremely overrated in this thread though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:50 pm 

It's all good. It provided a great laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Kirkwood wrote:
312player wrote:

Russell Wilson?

Wilson started week one as a 3rd rounder and threw 26 tds and 10 picks. He's had a real nice career..i dont think mitch sniffs those numbers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9