It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
fair question

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm 

The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
No. Going to move to Oakland and be the Oakland Golden Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
fair question

All else being equal, they have a 37.5% chance each year given the number of slots available. Simple mean reversion theories suggest it should happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America thinks that Turbinski could lead them there this season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
fair question

All else being equal, they have a 37.5% chance each year given the number of slots available. Simple mean reversion theories suggest it should happen.

All else being equal, there is a 99.6% chance a team would not make the playoffs 8 straight times...yet the Patriots and Packers have done it and still counting.

All else being equal, there is a 7 in 1,000,000 chance the Bills would miss the playoffs 17 straight times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jaw Breaker wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
fair question

All else being equal, there is a 99.6% chance a team would not make the playoffs 8 straight times...yet the Patriots and Packers have done it and still counting.

All else being equal, there was a 7 in 1,000,000 chance the Bills would miss the playoffs 17 straight times.

Except there’s some autocorrelation going on.....thus the reason the Bears don’t get their fair share.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Next year.

Top ten defense
Running game
Trubiski on a cheap contract

They just have to hire the right coach and add some weapon at WR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Pace needs to make better decisions than he has been but it's possible they could do it by next year. The defense is already a playoff caliber unit. And if Mitch is the real thing that just ups the percentage by a larger amount.

I'm not gonna bet on it tho. There's a good chance Pace clears house coaching wise after this season and we'll once again be hitting the reset button on a rebuild.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:33 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Frank Coztansa wrote:

We know that they can play some solid defense (remember that the defense didn't give up a TD last week) and we know they can run the ball (even when rear admiral checkdown, Glenda, is in there) so if they could develop a cromulent passing attack..... During the course of a 4+ game win streak? Sure, why not?

Oh yeah.... Fuck!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Definitely can. I've seen more than enough of his talent to see him doing just this, especially with Rodgers out a few weeks.

He's starting to find 'his guys' in the receiver corps. If they can keep grinding out wins while he works it out they'll cruise into an easy second half schedule at .500. If teams are forced to stay honest against the pass Howard and Cohen are going to rush for 150-200 yards a game combined. They have two more losses to burn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Definitely can. I've seen more than enough of his talent to see him doing just this, especially with Rodgers out a few weeks.

He's starting to find 'his guys' in the receiver corps. If they can keep grinding out wins while he works it out they'll cruise into an easy second half schedule at .500. If teams are forced to stay honest against the pass Howard and Cohen are going to rush for 150-200 yards a game combined. They have two more losses to burn.

Howard ran all over Baltimore, the defense didnt allow a TD and forced turnovers. It took a hb pass and overtime to beat a bad Raven team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
Howard ran all over Baltimore, the defense didnt allow a TD and forced turnovers. It took a hb pass and overtime to beat a bad Raven team.
It took a fluke kick return and a punt return for the Ravens to push it to OT.

SMH.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
It took a fluke kick return and a punt return for the Ravens to push it to OT.

SMH.

Nobody is questioning Fangio or the D, the offense is bad. They have no chance at the playoffs this year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
312player wrote:
America wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

uh the only reason that was a game is because the Bears special teams nosedived.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:14 pm 

3-5 after the bad half of their schedule, they overachieved by, well, three wins, honestly. They could get the 6 seed if they go 6-2 on the easy half: Browns, Bengals, 49ers, and Rodgers-less Packers should get the first four, then squeak out two of DET/@DET/@MIN/@PHI and you're there.

Because my sports fandom is mostly miserable and I've been taunting God by turning on the Bears and making a big show out of it, I expect exactly this to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
They could squeak 8-8 with that defense.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:59 am 

At this point it would be hard for them to finish below seven wins. I'd expect a playoff appearance by 2019. If they don't get there by then, I don't know when they will. Could be a Buffalo situation with almost 20 years out.