It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Blows
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
America wrote:
Player does well in training camp -- IT DOESN'T MATTER. CAMP DOESNT MATTER.
Player does poorly in training camp -- SOUND THE ALARMS THIS GUY IS TRASH

which is it bears fans

He wasn't too good in games last year either.

Nagy will undoubtedly develop an offense that accentuates (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's strengths, so we should see some improvement from him.

But every play can't be a rollout or RPO.

He's got to get better in the pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

which is it bears fans

He wasn't too good in games last year either.

Nagy will undoubtedly develop an offense that accentuates (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's strengths, so we should see some improvement from him.

But every play can't be a rollout or RPO.

He's got to get better in the pocket.

Of course he does. I think that will come. He's already really good at throwing on the run and that is something most quarterbacks struggle with. There is no doubt in my mind that Nagy and the offensive staff will bring the best out of him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:

which is it bears fans

I expect him to look great in camp, nobody can lay a finger on him and the D is going half speed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Every reporter at camp that I’ve taken the time to listen to in interviews has said Mitch looks pretty good for the most part. So I’m not sure why everyone’s high or low on that. Sucks the Bears have 5 pre season games this year -I think it’s dumb to do it this way but it is what it is. If I’m the Bears I’m either playing the starters like it’s the 1st normal PS game and resting them the last 2 games or so with little to no reps, or, giving them almost no reps in this game and keeping the fringe guys out there to get a good look at them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Every reporter at camp that I’ve taken the time to listen to in interviews has said Mitch looks pretty good for the most part. So I’m not sure why everyone’s high or low on that. Sucks the Bears have 5 pre season games this year -I think it’s dumb to do it this way but it is what it is. If I’m the Bears I’m either playing the starters like it’s the 1st normal PS game and resting them the last 2 games or so with little to no reps, or, giving them almost no reps in this game and keeping the fringe guys out there to get a good look at them.

He's thrown 3 interceptions a few times during 7-on-7 drills. That ain't good.

We'll see how things go. The offensive players are learning a new system, and the offense hasn't been fully installed yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
He threw some interceptions in 7-on-7's...guess it's time to pack it up boys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I can see how us fans can be suspect of Mitch. Bears fans are supposed to be pessimistic about QBs. I am not going to praise him or make excuses until I see real reasons to believe in him. On the other hand crying about every interception especially ones we have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding them is silly.

With all the new plays and targets we have no idea who is making the mistake. We also do not know how aggressive they are having the defense be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:06 am 

Anyone who's played organized football knows interceptions are common in 7-on-7.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 am 

America wrote:
Anyone who's played organized football knows interceptions are common in 7-on-7.

Particularly since the LBs and secondary have no reason to even look for run.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:14 am 

Sometimes in HS coaches would run a toss play just to try and keep defense honest, but even that doesn't work. You have to understand that these guys are competing against each other not trying to "win", so DB's will sell out to get interceptions even if it means blowing an assignment or just making educated guesses about what the receiver will do.

Playaction doesn't work. Chipping doesn't work. I get why coaches do it but it's pretty meaningless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:

It would be nice if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could go ONE (1) practice without throwing an interception. Some quarterbacks actually string together multiple practices without getting picked off. Imagine that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

It would be nice if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could go ONE (1) practice without throwing an interception. Some quarterbacks actually string together multiple practices without getting picked off. Imagine that.

Are you already that determined he is bad?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:33 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

This is one of the more retarded things to get upset over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:
Sometimes in HS coaches would run a toss play just to try and keep defense honest, but even that doesn't work. You have to understand that these guys are competing against each other not trying to "win", so DB's will sell out to get interceptions even if it means blowing an assignment or just making educated guesses about what the receiver will do.

Playaction doesn't work. Chipping doesn't work. I get why coaches do it but it's pretty meaningless.

Of course, but this doesn't change the fact that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky doesn't read defenses particularly well and struggled with accuracy last year. Both of these issues need to be corrected. So far, it doesn't sound like this is happening. There's no guarantee he's going to improve quickly or at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Double post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 am 

He didn't struggle with accuracy last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

This is one of the more retarded things to get upset over.

I'm hardly upset, but I am concerned that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can't string together a few good practices.

If you can't hack it going against vanilla defenses playing half-speed during training camp (especially those that struggle to turn the ball over), you're going to have some problems during the season.

But we already know that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was bad last year, so his training camp difficulties shouldn't come as a surprise.

Hopefully he will improve.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Those half speed vanilla defenses know most of what the offense is running at this point!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
I'm hardly upset, but I am concerned that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can't string together a few good practices.

If you can't hack it going against vanilla defenses playing half-speed during training camp (especially those that struggle to turn the ball over), you're going to have some problems during the season.

But we already know that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was bad last year, so his training camp difficulties shouldn't come as a surprise.

You are concerned about practice reports from July? Come on.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
America wrote:

Are you already that determined he is bad?

I think he has great physical tools. But so did Jay Cutler. I have no idea if he is going to become a great decision-maker on the field, and that's obviously a huge part of playing the position.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Those half speed vanilla defenses know most of what the offense is running at this point!

And the offense is still learning. New players, coaches and system. The defense has an edge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You are concerned about practice reports from July? Come on.

If practices don't matter, why bother practicing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And the offense is still learning. New players, coaches and system. The defense has an edge.

I agree with the problems posed by learning a new offense. But the idea that offenses can't succeed against defenses that "know their plays" is laughable. Check around the league.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:

He had one of the worst completion percentages on one of the worst y/pa in the NFL. That certainly doesn't suggest he was accurate last year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I agree with the problems posed by learning a new offense. But the idea that offenses can't succeed against defenses that "know their plays" is laughable. Check around the league.

I never made that argument. I don't know if the interceptions were his fault or not but I want my young QB taking shots in practice so he can learn his limitations.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

He had one of the worst completion percentages on one of the worst y/pa in the NFL. That certainly doesn't suggest he was accurate last year.

He played with shitty receivers and had a shitty coach. The fact that he didn't have 30 interceptions says a lot about him protecting the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

He played with shitty receivers and had a shitty coach. The fact that he didn't have 30 interceptions says a lot about him protecting the ball.

There were times he threw like 10 pass attempts in a game. People here defended that too when I pointed it out. They didn't let him do anything.

But yeah even if Nagy is just an ok coach that is definitely a monumental upgrade over Fox

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

There were times he threw like 10 pass attempts in a game. People here defended that too when I pointed it out. They didn't let him do anything.

But yeah even if Nagy is just an ok coach that is definitely a monumental upgrade over Fox

No doubt about it. Don't forget about Dowell Loggains.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 am 

I've never seen Tall Midget this upset.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I've never seen Tall Midget this upset.

Must be a bad tomato year

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 57  Next