It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Blows
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I’m just not seeing it. I don’t think he is very bright but supposedly he works hard. Maybe he can work himself into competency

Agreed, but then you consider Jared Goff...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I’m just not seeing it. I don’t think he is very bright but supposedly he works hard. Maybe he can work himself into competency

I keep telling myself this and he is nowhere near as bad as Goff was last year.

Also, while Mitch misses a lot of intermediate passes, he does throw a nice deep ball. He seems to have an inordinate amount of long completions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Also, while Mitch misses a lot of intermediate passes, he does throw a nice deep ball. He seems to have an inordinate amount of long completions.

Needs to acquire some touch.

Reminds me of a young Mike Vick with the fastballs going right thru receivers hands.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Stop worrying at all. There is virtually no correlation between rookie qb success and career success.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I like seeing that cannon. And yes, he needs to learn when to use it and when not to. But I am really sick of guys getting two hands on the ball and dropping it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's gonna work out guys. It was God's plan that the first great QB in Bears history have a last name that ends in "sky."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am 

Let's also not forget that his offensive coaches seem to be completely incompetent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Stop worrying at all. There is virtually no correlation between rookie qb success and career success.

That is based on numbers I assume. I would think you could kinda see some good stuff in the good ones though

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Every now and again he throws a pass that is very impressive. Than he spikes one down the seam to a wide open receiver while throwing off his back foot and I’m like damn, this isn’t going to end well. The default position is to say he’s going to suck because, well, Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
That is based on numbers I assume. I would think you could kinda see some good stuff in the good ones though
You do. He's made some really good throws. His inaccuracy is expected. For instance, Peyton Manning as a rookie had his completion percentage down by about 9 points lower than his career average. It just takes time to get used to the speed of the NFL and often this results in inaccuracy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
You do. He's made some really good throws. His inaccuracy is expected. For instance, Peyton Manning as a rookie had his completion percentage down by about 9 points lower than his career average. It just takes time to get used to the speed of the NFL and often this results in inaccuracy.

The sacks as well

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Let's also not forget that his offensive coaches seem to be completely incompetent.

This, and his receivers are all off the scrap heap. It's way to early to say he blows.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The sacks as well

The QBs that set the league on fire immediately, are usually mobile QBs. And then the league catches up with them, or their legs fall off, like RG3. Big Ben is an exception, but he had a complete team around him. I'm sure there are some others, but most traditional, pocket QBs take their share off lumps. Stafford was an absolute mess for the first few years.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm 

Chus wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The sacks as well

The QBs that set the league on fire immediately, are usually mobile QBs. And then the league catches up with them, or their legs fall off, like RG3. Big Ben is an exception, but he had a complete team around him. I'm sure there are some others, but most traditional, pocket QBs take their share off lumps. Stafford was an absolute mess for the first few years.

but you don't want to get in a Carr situation where your prize pick gets hit so often he never has the chance to develop

I don't think the Bears are this. Yesterday the line was makeshift. Usually they are average to above average.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:21 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Chus wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The sacks as well

but you don't want to get in a Carr situation where your prize pick gets hit so often he never has the chance to develop

I don't think the Bears are this. Yesterday the line was makeshift. Usually they are average to above average.

He is mobile enough to not get destroyed like David Carr.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Chus wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The sacks as well

He is of Eastern European descent. His IQ has nowhere to go but up. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:28 am 

Dak looking horrible after a near MVP rookie year. It's probably a good rule to not worry about qb rookie success.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dak looking horrible after a near MVP rookie year. It's probably a good rule to not worry about qb rookie success.

I look at it a bit differently, a good run game can hide bad qb play and ask the QB to do very little( Aikman) ..That's what is troubling watching Mitch..he still dont look good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If Mitch had a HOF tight end and Dez Bryant to throw to that would be a valid argument. Also, the Cowboys OL is much much much better than the Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I look at it a bit differently, a good run game can hide bad qb play and ask the QB to do very little( Aikman) ..That's what is troubling watching Mitch..he still dont look good.
So did the great running game of the Cowboys hide Dak's bad play last season?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
If Mitch had a HOF tight end and Dez Bryant to throw to that would be a valid argument. Also, the Cowboys OL is much much much better than the Bears.

Not really. They haven't played well all year and they were absolutely abysmal when Smith was out.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I meant last year when Dak looked great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mitch now looks way better than Elliot-less Dak.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So did the great running game of the Cowboys hide Dak's bad play last season?

They asked Dak to not throw interceptions and ran a lot of play action for easy targets last year..he had a real nice year, this year they need him to throw down field, he's not getting it done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 pm 

America wrote:

Witten is washed up..he had under 700 yards and 3 TD last year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought on Thursday that I really would rather have Mitch than Dak.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm 

I'd take Dak, easy decision.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Or not

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Or not

Wrong again moron. Prescott's numbers minus Elliot are horrfic

Thu 11/23
vs LAC
20-27 179 Yards 0 TDs 2 Ints
Sun 11/19
vs PHI
18-31 145 Yards 0 TDs 3 Ints
Sun 11/12
@ ATL
20-30 176 yards 0 TDs 0 Ints

0 TD's 5 Int's and he still has WAY more weapons than Mitch. Mitch doesn't have a Dez Bryant, hell he doesn't even have a Terrance Williams.

Look...I know you got this "Trubiski sucks" narrative going...but stop ignoring facts..you are making yourself looks like an asshole and uniformed as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:40 pm 

:lol: You're like one of the last people left on the Mitch bandwagon. But yeah objectively he has sucked this year, no way of getting around that. Maybe Rick is right and it won't matter and he'll be good in the future but right now he sucks. Sorry bro, you got this one wrong as of right now.

It's funny that Watson is gonna finish the season with more TD passes than Mitch. :lol:

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next