It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Blows
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Brick is bricking this up and FF's main point is being lost. Take the WR position out of the equation. Either Mitch sucks so bad at practice (which isn't the story his teammates are saying) that the coaches have no faith in him or the offensive coaching staff is so woefully ignorant that they simply don't know how to call a game in 2017. Even after a win, Fox and Loggains should be fired immediately.

Have you ever heard team mates say publicly that tbeir qb sucks in practice?

Yes. They just say it like a politician.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
I will say the one thing that does concern me about Trubiski, is that IMO, he seem closer to 6'1 than 6'2. There have been a few times now where he didn't seem to stand that tall in the pocket. Minor concern.

How would you know? Every time the ball is snapped he runs from the pocket faster than Seacrest runs from a direct question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I will say the one thing that does concern me about Trubiski, is that IMO, he seem closer to 6'1 than 6'2. There have been a few times now where he didn't seem to stand that tall in the pocket. Minor concern.

How would you know? Every time the ball is snapped he runs from the pocket faster than Seacrest runs from a direct question.

I don't know if it's designed or him on his own....but I'm getting tired of that shit. The bootleg stuff should be a complimentary piece to your game, done on a occasion. When you roll out, you literally cut your field in half, including your available receiving targets.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
lol at the people convinced this quickly he's no good. He's only 3 games in on a team with no wide out talent and a regressing O-line. Give this more time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
NME wrote:
lol at the people convinced this quickly he's no good. He's only 3 games in on a team with no wide out talent and a regressing O-line. Give this more time.

The line is pretty good, he holds the ball too long and it's hard to block for a qb that runs around behind you. He looks lost when he's standing in the pocket..thats pretty much the most important thing a qb does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Caller Bob wrote:
I want Fox gone after this year..no doubt..but they aren't botching Mitch's development. Look at Cleveland, they have pretty much ruined Kizer. Right now they are keeping Mitch in a "narrow lane" as I see it. They want to avoid the epic "3 int game" and the negativity that comes with that. Also, Minnesota, Baltimore and Carolina are all pretty good pass defenses. I suspect it will open up vs the Saints.

That's not fair to Kizer or Mitch to use them in the same comparison. Kizer went in the second round and was passed over by every team at least once. Mitch was the 2 pick in the draft. Either they have a QB or they don't. I'd much rather set the by comparing to Peyton Manning.

His rookie year he never threw less than 23 times and threw over 40 6 times. He took 22 sacks, had 3 epic 3 INT games, had 11 multi INT games and turned the ball over 31 times on the season.

It's taken the bears 3 games to give Mitch the passing experience that Manning got every single game his rookie year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
he's better than brett hundley.

so there's that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
he's better than brett hundley.

so there's that.

Probably. Not sure yet.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I want Fox gone after this year..no doubt..but they aren't botching Mitch's development. Look at Cleveland, they have pretty much ruined Kizer. Right now they are keeping Mitch in a "narrow lane" as I see it. They want to avoid the epic "3 int game" and the negativity that comes with that. Also, Minnesota, Baltimore and Carolina are all pretty good pass defenses. I suspect it will open up vs the Saints.

That's not fair to Kizer or Mitch to use them in the same comparison. Kizer went in the second round and was passed over by every team at least once. Mitch was the 2 pick in the draft. Either they have a QB or they don't. I'd much rather set the by comparing to Peyton Manning.

His rookie year he never threw less than 23 times and threw over 40 6 times. He took 22 sacks, had 3 epic 3 INT games, had 11 multi INT games and turned the ball over 31 times on the season.

It's taken the bears 3 games to give Mitch the passing experience that Manning got every single game his rookie year.

I'm not comparing the players, just how the players have been handled. They gave Kizer free reign and it's been a disaster. He's already been benched once.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Brick is bricking this up and FF's main point is being lost. Take the WR position out of the equation. Either Mitch sucks so bad at practice (which isn't the story his teammates are saying) that the coaches have no faith in him or the offensive coaching staff is so woefully ignorant that they simply don't know how to call a game in 2017. Even after a win, Fox and Loggains should be fired immediately.

His point is that Mitch should make any wr decent and that isn't fair. Wright was a guy no one wanted and is on a snap count with a team playing Tanner Gentry over him now who was almost out of the league at the start of the year.

"He had Kendall Wright!" will be a board joke in the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Shots fired at FF.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

His point is that Mitch should make any wr decent and that isn't fair. Wright was a guy no one wanted and is on a snap count with a team playing Tanner Gentry over him now who was almost out of the league at the start of the year.

It will only be a joke to those unable to comprehend what they are reading. If Kendall Wright catches 30+ passes in the NFL in 2019-2020 I clearly won this dumb argument.

And no need to misrepresent the point simply because you can't rebut it. Nobody ever said Wright was good and nobody ever said (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky should make any WR decent. I'll make it clear once again for you though. "Supporting Cast" is not a sufficient reason to explain the drastic difference in production on a per game basis between Watson and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. If you want to keep blaming that I would advise you to prepare to be disappointed in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and also remind you of your hypocrisy regarding this particular argument.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 am 

He was graded out to have no better than 2nd round talent, had little playing experience in college because for three years he couldn't out play an at best below average QB at a college football backwater. But he looked good in shorts so many justified a high pick on him.

Because of exhibition games and that Jon Gruden got wood interviewing him the same way Theisman did with Cade McNown Bears fans are rehashing many of the same arguments & defenses we heard then.

Wake me up in 6 years when many are having the same discussion about a kid currently in the 10th grade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Regular Reader wrote:

Because of exhibition games and that Jon Gruden got wood interviewing him the same way Theisman did with Cade McNown Bears fans are rehashing many of the same arguments & defenses we heard then.

Mult idea. Baby (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Someone with more wit can go run with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 am 

Another awful Regular Reader sports take.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I dont know how you can think he sucks after 3 games, one of which featured him throwing the ball 7 times. The throw to Cohen was pretty fucking nice too...I dont know why the Bears abandoned that game plan.

Oh wait I know why, because they did the unprecedented and played to hold a lead after just one quarter of play. It worked. We should all be happy. Win next week against the Saints and they are .500 headed into the bye no more than two games out of first place with the nemesis sidelined for at least another month or two.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

I think he will be pretty decent years from now but if we are asking if he will suck or be great right now the arrow is clearly pointing towards suck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I think he will be pretty decent years from now but if we are asking if he will suck or be great right now the arrow is clearly pointing towards suck.

No, the arrow is clearing pointing towards suck on Kizer. Mitch is still up in the air.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I'm convinced Bears fans just want to be miserable now. Here are the Bears beating two at least decent teams in back-to-back weeks (once on the road even) with the defense looking all-world in the process and they're mad. Mad at Pace, mad at the rookie QB, mad the coaches...we are the ledge of our first competitive, meaningful football by the Bears in four years and people are angry and upset.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, the arrow is clearing pointing towards suck on Kizer. Mitch is still up in the air.

Kizer is almost hopelessly bad and wasn't a good prospect to begin with. There's hope for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it's just that virtually any criteria you use to measure him by shows him performing poorly so far.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 am 

America wrote:
I'm convinced Bears fans just want to be miserable now. Here are the Bears beating two at least decent teams in back-to-back weeks (once on the road even) with the defense looking all-world in the process and they're mad. Mad at Pace, mad at the rookie QB, mad the coaches...we are the ledge of our first competitive, meaningful football by the Bears in four years and people are angry and upset.

Because its fools gold. This team isn't good and if they manage to luck into a decent record, you make it harder to clean house with a coaching staff that has proven they are inept. I'm not mad at Mitch, I want him to get better. Can't do that by calling 10 pass plays.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don't doubt that he can become decent. A second overall pick should be transcendent, or at least as good as another North Carolina (St) quarterback and I haven't seen anything to even suggest that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Kizer is almost hopelessly bad and wasn't a good prospect to begin with. There's hope for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it's just that virtually any criteria you use to measure him by shows him performing poorly so far.

Iirc, there were many around here who argued vehemently that Kizer was the best pro quarterback prospect in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
There's hope for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it's just that virtually any criteria you use to measure him by shows him performing poorly so far.

2-1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:55 am 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
There's hope for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it's just that virtually any criteria you use to measure him by shows him performing poorly so far.

2-1

Game. Set. Match. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 am 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

2-1

This.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:58 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Iirc, there were many around here who argued vehemently that Kizer was the best pro quarterback prospect in the draft.

Really? :lol:

That's embarrassing if true. I don't even follow college football but it was pretty clear he was the next Jimmy Clausen almost immediately into the process.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

2-1

This.

I think the above two posts were mocking you but if not, let me help you out. Craig Krenzel started his career 3-0. Rodgers started his like 6-10. Don't be too dumb to the point you can't understand basic football things.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
3 times in recent years an NFL team has won games attempting 7 or fewer passes. John Fox coached all 3 winning teams. Or does this make 4 times? 2x with the Bears. Once with the Broncos and once with Carolina.

Last edited by Hussra on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next