It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Blows
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, he's pretty bad.

This sucks. For once in my life it be nice for this team to have a good QB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Playing wide receiver isn't that hard. A good quarterback helps make modest players into professionals. Mitchell isn't capable imo

This would be more concerning if their top 2 were playing.

If Meredith were playing. Kevin White is worse than pretty much every WR they are currently playing.

If I was Ryan Pace I would fire John Fox today or resign if I wasn't allowed to. The only purpose the rest of this season serves is to let the Bears get an idea of what they have in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. In 3 games so far Fox is doing his best to prevent them from finding out, and yesterday went to extreme, embarrassing measures to protect his rookie QB from exposing any potential flaws and working on correcting them.

Kevin White may be a 'modest player. We don't know because he can't stay healthy.

Most of the guys we have now would struggle to get off a practice squad on most teams. I mean Tanner Gentry played.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Playing wide receiver isn't that hard. A good quarterback helps make modest players into professionals. Mitchell isn't capable imo

This would be more concerning if their top 2 were playing.

If Meredith were playing. Kevin White is worse than pretty much every WR they are currently playing.

If I was Ryan Pace I would fire John Fox today or resign if I wasn't allowed to. The only purpose the rest of this season serves is to let the Bears get an idea of what they have in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. In 3 games so far Fox is doing his best to prevent them from finding out, and yesterday went to extreme, embarrassing measures to protect his rookie QB from exposing any potential flaws and working on correcting them.

Kevin White may be a 'modest player. We don't know because he can't stay healthy.

Most of the guys we have now would struggle to get off a practice squad on most teams. I mean Tanner Gentry played.

There's a good chance Gentry is better than White. Everything from White has been terrible. His only stats when he was healthy came from Hoyer forcing him a ridiculous amount of targets. Guys like that don't suddenly learn how to be good after years of being bad/injured. His career is over for all intents and purposes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 am 

FavreFan wrote:
There's a good chance Gentry is better than White. Everything from White has been terrible. His only stats when he was healthy came from Hoyer forcing him a ridiculous amount of targets. Guys like that don't suddenly learn how to be good after years of being bad/injured. His career is over for all intents and purposes.
White has played 5 games in his career. He may suck and the injuries aren't going to help him but I'd still take a healthy Kevin White over Tanner Gentry.

The point here is that while a good quarterback does make his wide receivers better, a rookie quarterback can't make fringe NFL players into good wide receivers. I'm guessing not a single wide receiver on the field yesterday ends up as anything more than a backup when the Bears finally build the offense around (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Bad troll job is bad.

Not a troll job.

OP is serious.
OP also didn't know what team Jon Gray played for; viewtopic.php?f=92&t=108777&start=90#p2815374

So the OP is a total dumbass.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
White has played 5 games in his career. He may suck and the injuries aren't going to help him but I'd still take a healthy Kevin White over Tanner Gentry.

The point here is that while a good quarterback does make his wide receivers better, a rookie quarterback can't make fringe NFL players into good wide receivers. I'm guessing not a single wide receiver on the field yesterday ends up as anything more than a backup when the Bears finally build the offense around (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

The WRs probably suck but we don't know that either. They're never used.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If that is true then it doesn't make sense to expect a rookie to suddenly turn them into professionals. That's it.

Mitch may be bad but I haven't really seen anything that indicates he does. He hasn't really shown that he doesn't suck either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:40 am 

It also doesn't help that Watson is lighting the league on fire. Hopkins is great and he has some decent other pieces but plenty of QBs go into great situations and can't put up a fraction of the numbers he's putting up.

But really the problem is Fox. This entire debate will go unresolved until he's gone.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 am 

FavreFan wrote:
It also doesn't help that Watson is lighting the league on fire. Hopkins is great and he has some decent other pieces but plenty of QBs go into great situations and can't put up a fraction of the numbers he's putting up.

But really the problem is Fox. This entire debate will go unresolved until he's gone.
It's also why Pace should be gone. You could have had one of them, and probably your choice of either, without making that trade. That trade signified he not only wanted Mitch but he wanted him so badly that Watson would not have been an acceptable option either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If that is true then it doesn't make sense to expect a rookie to suddenly turn them into professionals. That's it.

Mitch may be bad but I haven't really seen anything that indicates he does. He hasn't really shown that he doesn't suck either.

I don't want to rehash the Kendall Wright stuff because a few posters can't read and/or don't know football, but he's a professional WR. He's a fine slot WR and will be in the league for several more years doing that. He's asked to do a lot more than he's suited for here which is often a problem. But yes, it's fair to ask a talented rookie to produce numbers with a subpar cast. But as I keep saying, I think the problem is pretty clearly Fox. I think we agree we don't know too much more about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky than we did in preseason and that's a problem.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I don't want to rehash the Kendall Wright stuff because a few posters can't read and/or don't know football, but he's a professional WR. He's a fine slot WR and will be in the league for several more years doing that. He's asked to do a lot more than he's suited for here which is often a problem. But yes, it's fair to ask a talented rookie to produce numbers with a subpar cast. But as I keep saying, I think the problem is pretty clearly Fox. I think we agree we don't know too much more about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky than we did in preseason and that's a problem.
The problem with this thought is that Wright isn't even getting a ton of snaps. They are limiting him to 25-35 snaps a game when they are desperate for WRs.

He seems like a guy on a slow descent out of the league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:

Building confidence is one thing but Fox isn't doing that. Unless they are playing in the middle of a hurricane there is no way he should throw fewer than 20 passes.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The problem with this thought is that Wright isn't even getting a ton of snaps. They are limiting him to 25-35 snaps a game when they are desperate for WRs.

No, guys like him stay in the league until their early 30's. He's shown he's still a very capable WR when given opportunity this year. His snap count is much more an indictment of the coaching staff's gameplan than it is him. And remember I'm someone who's said multiple times Howard is far and away the best player on the offense and on the short list of best backs in the league. But seven pass attempts in a game where you are leading at home throughout and have some margin to develop your rookie QB is simply inexcusable.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
People say the receivers suck, but the Bears can cut a guy like Deonte Thompson on Oct 11, who then is signed by the Bills within a week and catches 4 passes for 107 yards yesterday. Fire Pace.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:05 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Building confidence is one thing but Fox isn't doing that. Unless they are playing in the middle of a hurricane there is no way he should throw fewer than 20 passes.

He's doing the exact opposite of building confidence. He's treating the second overall pick in the draft like he's one of those emergency injury punter replacement QBs. I'd be furious if I was a bear fan. As it is I find it pretty amusing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
People say the receivers suck, but the Bears can cut a guy like Deonte Thompson on Oct 11, who then is signed by the Bills within a week and catches 4 passes for 107 yards yesterday. Fire Pace.

Exactly(except for the Fire Pace thing, which I don't agree with yet). These WRs are all capable enough if you have a good QB and give them a chance. You can't tell me Thompson is appreciably better than McBride or Wright if you have watched this season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No, guys like him stay in the league until their early 30's. He's shown he's still a very capable WR when given opportunity this year. His snap count is much more an indictment of the coaching staff's gameplan than it is him. And remember I'm someone who's said multiple times Howard is far and away the best player on the offense and on the short list of best backs in the league. But seven pass attempts in a game where you are leading at home throughout and have some margin to develop your rookie QB is simply inexcusable.
He signed a cheap contract and the team that signed him have him on a snap count. He may hang around for another year or two but that is clearly a declining player who wasn't great at any point to start.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 am 

Nobody ever said he was great, or even good. But he's not declining. He's a serviceable WR that will continue to produce if healthy for at least 4 more years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Brick is bricking this up and FF's main point is being lost. Take the WR position out of the equation. Either Mitch sucks so bad at practice (which isn't the story his teammates are saying) that the coaches have no faith in him or the offensive coaching staff is so woefully ignorant that they simply don't know how to call a game in 2017. Even after a win, Fox and Loggains should be fired immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We should just trade Kendall Wright to the Texans for Will Fuhrer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I can't say I'm disappointed by (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in this game.

Nice down field throws to Miller and Cohen that accounted for nearly 100% of his passing yardage. Things will continue to be tough on him until they are able to push the defense down field. Anything underneath is quickly swarmed and the run game is already going into a stacked box.

I'd blame fox for the offense. Come out and pass, pass, pass and see where Mitch can get it. Running on first and second to set up 3rd and short is playing right into the defense. They can crowd the line and look to the hitch to the running back on third down.

The sacks appeared to be from stepping up into a collapsing pocket. Wasn't trying to scramble early, I can't say if he was being gun shy and should have thrown early. If he was able to step up, that ball is going downfield and with accuracy. Both pluses in my eyes.

What he didn't do... force the ball and lose the game. In the same game you saw Cam force 2 balls into bad spots, one for a TD, other to ice the game. Cam looked to be more the rookie here.

Mitch is your QB, let him throw 30 times and see what happens. The only failure with him is keeping the kid gloves on and not letting him make mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 am 

Olin was M&H this morning and mentioned that a couple of the sacks were on Mitch. He said he had people open and just didn't pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Olin was M&H this morning and mentioned that a couple of the sacks were on Mitch. He said he had people open and just didn't pull the trigger.

I'm evolving my position... fire fox and getting him the fuck out of town. Someone in the other thread made the point Fox was limiting the offense to win the game. That makes sense if you are grooming the next game manager. Mitch needs experience and he needs to make the mistakes. It sickens me if Fox is going to put him into a position to fear a mistake more than trusting his ability.

I have no doubt Fox values winning over QB development.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Brick is bricking this up and FF's main point is being lost. Take the WR position out of the equation. Either Mitch sucks so bad at practice (which isn't the story his teammates are saying) that the coaches have no faith in him or the offensive coaching staff is so woefully ignorant that they simply don't know how to call a game in 2017. Even after a win, Fox and Loggains should be fired immediately.

Have you ever heard team mates say publicly that tbeir qb sucks in practice?

I want Fox gone after this year..no doubt..but they aren't botching Mitch's development. Look at Cleveland, they have pretty much ruined Kizer. Right now they are keeping Mitch in a "narrow lane" as I see it. They want to avoid the epic "3 int game" and the negativity that comes with that. Also, Minnesota, Baltimore and Carolina are all pretty good pass defenses. I suspect it will open up vs the Saints.

TurdFerguson wrote:

I have no doubt Fox values winning over QB development.

This is the issue. He doesn't give a shit about Mitch. He was praying he could go 8-8 with Glennon and save his job. If Lovie can get fired after a 10-6 season, nothing short of an NFC Championship appearance should save Fox's job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am 

Veganfan might be the board's last Fox truther, just like spanky was the last Cutler truther. You guys need to publicly shame him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am 

312player wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Have you ever heard team mates say publicly that tbeir qb sucks in practice?

No, they would say nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 am 

Still early.

Not looking great though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 am 

I will say the one thing that does concern me about Trubiski, is that IMO, he seem closer to 6'1 than 6'2. There have been a few times now where he didn't seem to stand that tall in the pocket. Minor concern.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next