It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
Does anyone care that Watson threw three INTs yesterday?

And they lost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Does anyone care that Watson threw three INTs yesterday?

Even with the picks, his rating was 106.9. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky didn't complete 50% of his passes. Even if you give him the Miller TD, his rating is probably 70 or 80.
That's the thing though. Rookie year QB performance has almost no correlation with what you do in your career. This is basically just 12 weeks of practice for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am 

It is very possible that Watson will be better than Trubiski. My judgement on Watson was wrong. In my defense he did throw 17 fucking interceptions last year in college. That's horrific. But he might have Montana "IT" factor.

All that being said, it is very ignorant to ignore the talent level of the Texans WR's vs the shit show the Bears have. Braxton Miller is the best WR on the Bears, hands down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:23 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It is very possible that Watson will be better than Trubiski. My judgement on Watson was wrong. In my defense he did throw 17 fucking interceptions last year in college. That's horrific. But he might have Montana "IT" factor.

All that being said, it is very ignorant to ignore the talent level of the Texans WR's vs the shit show the Bears have. Braxton Miller is the best WR on the Bears, hands down.
I actually liked Watson more than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for most of the year leading up to the draft but I thought both were great prospects and trusted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's first round grade. I'm not shocked either that Watson is outperforming him. He was great in college and had a lot of experience.

I feel like a broken record, but Watson being this good is just another piece of evidence that Pace should be fired. He disliked Watson so much he was willing to trade all of that to avoid the very small chance that he would have to draft Watson over (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. There was no real reason to believe that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was going #2, either from the 49ers or by a trade, but even if he did, then just draft Watson! They were both quarterbacks with high first round grades and I know people thought I put too much faith into that but quarterbacks are a lottery ticket and each one had roughly the same amount of chance of being a hit. Hopefully both end up being great choices.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am 

I'm back on forth with Pace. He's had some great hits in the draft, esp the last two years...but in other aspects he has been so bad. The Bears WR problem was due to his pride. They didn't pursue better WR options because he wanted the #1 job open for Kevin White. Well now that's fucked over the entire team, including his QB.

Shit, he had Smith-Shuster staring him down in Round 2 and took a TE that can't even see the field it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm back on forth with Pace. He's had some great hits in the draft, esp the last two years...but in other aspects he has been so bad. The Bears WR problem was due to his pride. They didn't pursue better WR options because he wanted the #1 job open for Kevin White. Well now that's fucked over the entire team, including his QB.

Shit, he had Smith-Shuster staring him down in Round 2 and took a TE that can't even see the field it seems.
The Shaheen pick may be his most important pick he has ever made. When you draft a quarterback that high you have to give him young talent to mature with. If Shaheen can't get catches with the lack of talent on the field then how can you trust him to build a quality offense?

The defense is probably saving him though. They are really holding strong.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:38 am 

I think you are blowing the "trade up" out of proportion a bit though..It's like this. If Trubiksi becomes a franchise QB, nobody will care about the trade up. If Pace had stayed at 3(no trade up), drafted Trubiski and he became a bust, Pace is fired anyways. The picks really don't matter that much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Shaheen pick may be his most important pick he has ever made. When you draft a quarterback that high you have to give him young talent to mature with. If Shaheen can't get catches with the lack of talent on the field then how can you trust him to build a quality offense?

The Bears are deep at TE. That has changed. I better see Shaheen getting Miller throws coming out of the break.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I think you are blowing the "trade up" out of proportion a bit though..It's like this. If Trubiksi becomes a franchise QB, nobody will care about the trade up. If Pace had stayed at 3(no trade up), drafted Trubiski and he became a bust, Pace is fired anyways. The picks really don't matter that much.
The trade up will always matter. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperforms Watson enough to justify it then of course no one will care because it will be the right choice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:45 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Bears are deep at TE. That has changed. I better see Shaheen getting Miller throws coming out of the break.
If they were deep at TE why draft a TE when you have so many other issues? Pace just so often seems to make decisions that make his picks more important than they need to be.

I hope you are correct though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You might be disappointed..after Miller got hurt, Daniel Brown was the "next man up", not Shaaheen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You might be disappointed..after Miller got hurt, Daniel Brown was the "next man up", not Shaaheen.

That's not true but Daniel Brown showed something last year. I even like Ben Brauneker who is sitting on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:58 am 

Yes it is

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

Quote:
3. The injury to Miller in the third quarter pressed Daniel Brown into action and he wound up with one reception for 9 yards. Brown wound up getting 17 snaps the remainder of the way, including the failed two-point conversion in the fourth quarter and plays wiped out by penalty. I thought Brown was in position to challenge Miller for a roster spot when the offseason program began. I thought so because Brown made a nice little debut for the Bears last season after being claimed off waivers from the Ravens. I thought so because we knew Miller is injury prone and figured there was a chance the Bears would opt to move a veteran out of the way in order to create playing time for a younger player. I proved to be wrong and in retrospect, it made sense to keep Miller. The Bears are offensively challenged and he was unquestionably the team’s best red zone target in the passing game.

Brown is higher on the depth chart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yes it is

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

Quote:
3. The injury to Miller in the third quarter pressed Daniel Brown into action and he wound up with one reception for 9 yards. Brown wound up getting 17 snaps the remainder of the way, including the failed two-point conversion in the fourth quarter and plays wiped out by penalty. I thought Brown was in position to challenge Miller for a roster spot when the offseason program began. I thought so because Brown made a nice little debut for the Bears last season after being claimed off waivers from the Ravens. I thought so because we knew Miller is injury prone and figured there was a chance the Bears would opt to move a veteran out of the way in order to create playing time for a younger player. I proved to be wrong and in retrospect, it made sense to keep Miller. The Bears are offensively challenged and he was unquestionably the team’s best red zone target in the passing game.

Brown is higher on the depth chart.

That doesn't support your belief. Shaheen was seeing action with a healthy Miller. Here is the depth chart according to espn as of yesterday

Tight End

D. Sims
Z. Miller
A. Shaheen

I don't have the number of snaps played this year but I would make a FarveFan/bigfan/One Post level bet that it is reflective of the depth chart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Watson being this good is an indictment of Pace. You had to give up a ton of picks because you didn't want Watson if the low odds of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky being gone actually happened?

Fire Pace.

agreed on the top sentence. At best, you'd have to say you'd take either guy.

I wouldn't fire him, he's hitting on other positions pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
Richard Sherman: Deshaun Watson best QB to have played Seahawks

Cornerback Richard Sherman had high praise for rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson after the Seattle Seahawks outlasted the Houston Texans 41-38 in an epic shootout Sunday.

Sherman shared a long embrace with Watson after the game and told the Texans' budding star how much he respected him. He shared his message to Watson with The MMQB.com in a telephone interview Sunday night.

"'You played the best game any quarterback has ever played against us, and we've played all the legends. I respect how you hung in there and kept battling and battling,'" he said.

Watson threw four more touchdown passes Sunday, bringing his season total to 19 through his first seven career NFL games, breaking a record previously held by Kurt Warner, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Watson's fourth touchdown gave the Texans a 38-34 lead before Russell Wilson rallied the Seahawks in the final minute with the game-winning touchdown to tight end Jimmy Graham.

Watson finished 19-of-30 for 402 yards and 3 interceptions, including a first-quarter pick-six. Sherman picked off two of Watson's passes, including his desperation heave in the final seconds to seal the Seahawks' victory. He came out of the game with deep respect for Watson.

"My God, Houston's so lucky. By next year he's going to be a top-five quarterback in this league, and that includes the two big dogs [Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers]. He makes you dig to the deepest part of your competitive juices to beat him," he told The MMQB.com.

Wilson had to record his first 400-yard passing game in his career to get the best of Watson, finishing with a career-best 452 passing yards, 4 touchdown passes and 1 interception. He too, came away impressed with Watson.

"He's a special, special player, and I'm going to love watching him play in the next few years," Wilson told The MMQB.com. "He was so good today, so special. I told him on the field, 'God is good. Keep putting the hard work in. It'll keep showing.'"

Sherman told reporters after the game that after playing against Watson he now knows how other players feel about trying to defend Wilson. He pointed to Watson's second-to-last touchdown pass, in which he spun away from pressure and completed a scoring pass to running back Lamar Miller in the end zone.

"He's back there just like A-Rod is, ducked under one, stepped back from another one, spins off another one, and hits the open guy. Has there ever been a rookie that does that? It would be hard to find. Maybe [Michael] Vick from time to time; he was very special in the pocket.

"But, it wasn't like he was getting out to run. He was getting out to look up and find the open guy. He's going to be a special player in this league. He made plays that very few people in this league, including the top-tier guys, can make," he said.

Wilson told reporters that, in his opinion, the Rookie of the Year discussion is closed.

"Deshaun Watson is special. I mean go ahead and give him Rookie of the Year, he is a great player. I love watching him," he said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2122 ... ive-qb-nfl

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Have the Cutty apologists become the Mitch apologists?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
312player wrote:
Have the Cutty apologists become the Mitch apologists?

We're hopefuls. What else can we do? But in my case, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm 

Playa' will never love a Chicago QB :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:

I hope the guy is great, i just didn't see it in college or now and i hear dozens of excuses. I see open guys he doesn't see or get the ball to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I hope the guy is great, i just didn't see it in college or now and i hear dozens of excuses. I see open guys he doesn't see or get the ball to.
Seems like you two dopes have the answer for everything. Why don't you take over as GM and QB and see if you can fix things for the Bear.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Seems like you two dopes have the answer for everything. Why don't you take over as GM and QB and see if you can fix things for the Bear.

You can cater my team breakfasts' FlapJacks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Watson is obviously looking better right now. Mitch will be fine tho, the talent is there and I don't see the same style of inconsistent decision making Cutler had in him. He's out there doing rookie things and learning the game, he'll be fine.

We do need a new OC tho, holy shit Dowell is awful.

I think it's funny people keep panicking week after week over this. How did you not know this is about what it would look like? Will be amusing when he has a good game to see a lot of the people talking about 'we found the guy' tho lmao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
What would be a good game? Just curious given this WR corps and OC.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
What would be a good game? Just curious given this WR corps and OC.

Creating something out of nothing at a minimum. Display some resourcefulness.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:

Your last sentence is wrong. Will Fuller at least has big plays on his resume. Braxton Miller has done nothing of note in the NFL at all.

The talent gap between the receivers and the coaching staff of each team is wide, but not as wide as the gap in performance between Watson and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I would be the first one to be skeptical of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

But I like what I've seen so far. He is better than Culter, having better touch with his passing and better overall mechanics.

He is also better in play action and has explosive quickness. Cutler couldn't do a ball fake to save his life.

Judge him after you've given him a line and some good receivers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Right now, this isn’t debatable because Watson looks like a generational talent. If he keeps his current pace, there’s likely no way (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can compete with it. That’s not a knock of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Right now, this isn’t debatable because Watson looks like a generational talent. If he keeps his current pace, there’s likely no way (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can compete with it. That’s not a knock of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

FF and others would say that's a knock on Pace though.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
veganfan21 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

FF and others would say that's a knock on Pace though.

I don’t read threads anymore. I just comment and let the chips fall where they may.