It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am 

Would you guys prefer to go back to no replay?

With all it's bad parts, Ill still take it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
When half time came, I went away and did other things for about 45 minutes. Then I came back and just fast forwarded through all the commercials and such. Amazing how much filler there is in an NFL game. The flags are out of control. Someday teams are going to realize you should just launch bombs down field on every play because you have a great chance of getting a pass interference call at least one out of three times. Sometimes your team will catch it, and the rest of the time you'll get a roughing the passer call.

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think at this point, I would. I've become a replay Libertarian. It has some good stuff, but once implemented, it just grows and grows to the point where we have a nanny state for the officials.

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
rogers park bryan wrote:

I agree. I was tired of obviously wrong calls being made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:
It was the wrong call. This is an insane 15 page argument.

I don't get how they can add new info to the challenge. Fox challenged whether he got out of bounds or not. Then they add the fumble/touchback to the equation. No one was challenging if he kept possession. What if they saw a facemask penalty that they missed during the play, they can't add that penalty on after the fact. It all just made no sense to me.

They shouldn't be able to change anything except what is being challenged. That's crap.

Why do they even announce what they are challenging if anything can be looked at?

When the ref announces the challenge, he should just say "The Bears are challenging the ruling on the field of everything that happened on the play."

Why not? The point of replay is to make the correct calls. Those rules in previous years where you couldn't challenge if the call was made one way, but you could if was called the other way, were stupid. You literally couldn't challenge calls even when they were clearly wrong, simply because the wrong call was made. That's insane. Personally, I wouldn't mind going back to no replay at all. But you can't un-ring that bell. If there is a replay system, then everything should be subject to review.

A perfect example that Parkins said this morning was the Lions/Ravens on Thanksgiving a while back. Justin Forsett was clearly down, but since that idiot Jim Schwartz challenged a play that could only be challenged by the booth, the TD stood, over a ridiculous semantic argument. They should do it the right way or scrap it altogether.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:

I don't get how they can add new info to the challenge. Fox challenged whether he got out of bounds or not. Then they add the fumble/touchback to the equation. No one was challenging if he kept possession. What if they saw a facemask penalty that they missed during the play, they can't add that penalty on after the fact. It all just made no sense to me.

They shouldn't be able to change anything except what is being challenged. That's crap.

Why do they even announce what they are challenging if anything can be looked at?

When the ref announces the challenge, he should just say "The Bears are challenging the ruling on the field of everything that happened on the play."

The whole concept of a coaches challenge is stupid, and before Chus plays the "Stop crying liberals!" card, I've thought that for years.

I still don't understand what this bit is.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am 

denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I agree. I was tired of obviously wrong calls being made.

The problem is (and I realize this is just a couple calls out of MANY) they still sometimes get the call wrong even when they do replay it. Before increasing the amount of replay, they should address the vague nature of rules such as the catch rule and make sure their officials are full-time and not 80 years old. Putting in or expanding replay should be the last resort.

It's like purposely serving shitty food at a restaurant but assuring everyone that they can return it if they don't like it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chus wrote:
Why not? The point of replay is to make the correct calls.
The correct call was not made yesterday. So you must be advocating to get rid of replay.

I would prefer to go back to challenge only. Forget the automatic reviews. Let the coach's have their one or two challenges per game and thats it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am 

Chus wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The correct call was not made yesterday.

You should keep repeating that. They will probably change it any minute now. The officials know more about the rules than you and I do, and I would assume that they had better video, and more of it, than you and I saw. Like an ostrich burger. It has less fat, but you eat more of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So you must be advocating to get rid of replay.

You gotta stop making this about me, Frank. The rules officials, MANY in this thread, and your FB agree with me that it was a fumble. I had nothing to do with the call on the field, nor do I have a dog in this fight. I hate the Packers too. Send an email to Roger Goodell.

Roger.Goodell2@NFL.net

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would prefer to go back to challenge only. Forget the automatic reviews. Let the coach's have their one or two challenges per game and thats it.

I don't care how they set it up, as long as they get the calls correct. The first thing that needs to be done, is to clear up what is a catch and what isn't.

Bad calls are a part of sports. Always have been, and always will be. Like I said yesterday, the game had 122 offensive snaps. There were 121 other plays to score points or prevent the Packers from scoring points. One play isn't the deciding factor in any game. Even if they spotted the ball at the one yard line, there was no guarantee that they score any points anyway. It was raining. The next snap could have been fumbled and taken back 95 yards.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Turnovers and touchdowns should be automatically reviewed. No other reviews should be allowed.

The game was better without reviews. Ironically, there was less complaining about officiating before challenges were allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Turnovers and touchdowns should be automatically reviewed. No other reviews should be allowed.

The game was better without reviews. Ironically, there was less complaining about officiating before challenges were allowed.

The zebras are going to make mistakes. They are 65 year old men trying to keep up with the best athletes on the planet. It's not an easy job. For the most part, they get things right.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Ironically, there was less complaining about officiating before challenges were allowed.

No.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Ironically, there was less complaining about officiating before challenges were allowed.

No.

Disagree. Before people bitched about the refs, but bad calls were part of the game.

Now people bitch about every call the refs make. The refs make worse calls because they think they can be saved by the review. The reviews take forever and are wrong too much. Everyone complains about how long it takes. Everyone complains about how dumb the review rules are. Everyone complains about how dumb the NFL rules are. Everyone over-analyzes everything.

NFL needs to go back to the "Tough Shit" days of bad refereeing. This used to be a man's sport. Now its a whiny bitch sport.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

No.

Testaverde wrote:
I wasn't complaining.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this is the major issue to me, and it's one that the NBA hasn't had to step into yet...when you review a play for out of bounds, if a guy gets hit in the hand and the ball bounces off his hand, it's out on him...but he got fouled, causing the ball to go off him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think at this point, I would. I've become a replay Libertarian. It has some good stuff, but once implemented, it just grows and grows to the point where we have a nanny state for the officials.

I get it. But you could have this...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 pm 

Chus wrote:
Chus wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The correct call was not made yesterday.

You should keep repeating that. They will probably change it any minute now. The officials know more about the rules than you and I do, and I would assume that they had better video, and more of it, than you and I saw. Like an ostrich burger. It has less fat, but you eat more of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So you must be advocating to get rid of replay.

You gotta stop making this about me, Frank. The rules officials, MANY in this thread, and your FB agree with me that it was a fumble. I had nothing to do with the call on the field. Send an email to Roger Goodell.

Roger.Goodell2@NFL.net

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't care how they set it up, as long as they get the calls correct. The first thing that needs to be done, is to clear up what is a catch and what isn't.

Bad calls are a part of sports. Always have been, and always will be. Like I said yesterday, the game had 122 offensive snaps. There were 121 other plays to score points or prevent the Packers from scoring points. One play isn't the deciding factor in any game. Even if they spotted the ball at the one yard line, there was no guarantee that they score any points anyway. It was raining. The next snap could have been fumbled and taken back 95 yards.

If he thinks it was correct, he can absolutely keep repeating it. He has said multiple times that he's not blaming the outcome of the game on it, and he's discussing it here in the context of how poor the officiating is. You can say the refs know more about the rules than we do, but you're also welcome to go address the actual rule JLN posted. It's easy. It doesn't take an attorney or a referee to interpret. If you disagree with it, by all means state your case. But to fall back on the fact that the officials agree isn't really making an argument. The entire crux of the disagreement is whether the refs were correct, and many of us don't think they were. Your assumption that they had better video seems to be just speculation also. If they actually do have better video than what is given to the public, that's stupid and would clearly just be the NFL not wanting to open themselves up to criticism of wrong calls.

Also, your point about of 121 of 122 snaps or whatever isn't really addressing any of what Frank is saying. I'm pretty sure he hasn't once said that it cost the Bears the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm 

And JLN posting a rule from the rule book isn't the knockout punch that some of you think it is. Somebody post the rules as to what constitutes a catch. Then let's watch 100 different plays, and determine whether they are catches or not. Dez Bryant? Calvin Johnson? Zach Miller? Gronk last night?The Bucs WR from the Rams/Bucs NFC Championship many years ago? Fuck if I know.

There is a lot of interpretation and judgment that goes into MANY calls, hence why the zebras often huddle up before they make a call. Unnecessary roughness is a judgment call. So are intentional grounding and pass interference. And on and on.

After obviously blown calls on a Sunday, the league will issue some sort of statement on Monday. AFAIK, there has been nothing from the NFL this morning.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

No.

Disagree. Before people bitched about the refs, but bad calls were part of the game.

Now people bitch about every call the refs make. The refs make worse calls because they think they can be saved by the review. The reviews take forever and are wrong too much. Everyone complains about how long it takes. Everyone complains about how dumb the review rules are. Everyone complains about how dumb the NFL rules are. Everyone over-analyzes everything.

NFL needs to go back to the "Tough Shit" days of bad refereeing. This used to be a man's sport. Now its a whiny bitch sport.

Like I said, they call things a certain way just so they can take another look at it, if need me. They admit this. Bad calls even out over time. For every Don Majkowski, there is a Calvin Johnson. To blame the referees for losses week after week is ridiculous. There I go getting all emotional.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

College replay rules.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This isn't about winning or losing a football game, Chus. It is about the refs getting a call wrong, and you not admitting your error. At least the NFL admits when they were wrong. On here, you never do.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 pm 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:

The whole concept of a coaches challenge is stupid, and before Chus plays the "Stop crying liberals!" card, I've thought that for years.

Sure you do. You were constantly talking about Bears fans crying because of a perceived unfair situation.

Sound familiar?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm 

Chus wrote:
And JLN posting a rule from the rule book isn't the knockout punch that some of you think it is. Somebody post the rules as to what constitutes a catch. Then let's watch 100 different plays, and determine whether they are catches or not. Dez Bryant? Calvin Johnson? Zach Miller? Gronk last night?The Bucs WR from the Rams/Bucs NFC Championship many years ago? Fuck if I know.

There is a lot of interpretation and judgment that goes into MANY calls, hence why the zebras often huddle up before they make a call. Unnecessary roughness is a judgment call. So are intentional grounding and pass interference. And on and on.

After obviously blown calls on a Sunday, the league will issue some sort of statement on Monday. AFAIK, there has been nothing from the NFL this morning.
Are you saying JLN's post is wrong? At a minimum, I'd say it clearly is proof that the call should have stood on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:19 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This isn't about winning or losing a football game, Chus. It is about the refs getting a call wrong, and you not admitting your error. At least the NFL admits when they were wrong. On here, you never do.

I must have missed their apology this morning.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:

Sure you do. You were constantly talking about Bears fans crying because of a perceived unfair situation.

Sound familiar?

I have no idea what you are talking about, unless you are tying to equate a Bears game with mocking my autistic son. And then I still don't see the analogy.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

Are you saying JLN's post is wrong? At a minimum, I'd say it clearly is proof that the call should have stood on the field.

You're a smart guy. You know exactly what I said there. It wasn't some complex idea that requires deep thought.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm 

Loser’s lament

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:24 pm 

newper wrote:

:lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm 

Chus wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about, unless you are tying to equate a Bears game with mocking my autistic son. And then I still don't see the analogy.
:roll: Seriously?

I'm mocking you because you sound like the Republicans who say "Stop crying liberals!, Hillary lost!". You know, you're the guy who still thinks Trump should/will go down for the Russia stuff? Somehow, you think that was a shot at your son?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next