It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Chus wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I don’t care about the game. I’m trying to flesh out this stupid rule.

What if the Peanut ball punch flies just to the right of the pylon? Turnover or offensive team ball at the point it crossed the out of bounds line?

I bet no ref would know what that ruling should be.

If a ball carrier has possession when the ball hits the pylon, the pylon is part of the end zone. If he fumbles into the pylon, then it's not a part of the end zone. That doesn't make sense.

The pylon is considered out of bounds...in the end zone. In order to touch the inside of the pylon you would have already crossed the plane of the goal. If I fumble into it it is part of the end zone, but out of bounds making it a touchback (or safety, depending on who provided the force that put it into and/or out of the end zone). The Peanut ball punch question is simple. Offense retains possession where the ball went out unless it is fourth down and goal situation and then B or the defense would get it.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
To be fair, nobody on this board takes an L without fighting it to the bitter end. The number-one-with-a-bullet source of board drama is people escalating stupid fights until they don't remember what they were fighting about in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 am 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
None of that changes the fact that he was not down, as MANY suggested he was, nor does JLN's picture prove anything either way, as the ball was already out. It also doesn't change the fact that I have seen at two losses directly blamed on the referees.

Honest question. Do you not understand that that the fumble can already occur and if you touch it while also touching out of bounds the play is immediately dead? This happens often though not exactly like this.

Why are you still dealing in hypotheticals? What more do you want from me, BRick? I conceded that I was wrong about the rule.

It's not hypothetical. It's literally what happened on the play.

You said JLNs picture didn't prove it either way. He's clearly touching the ground and the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
None of that changes the fact that he was not down, as MANY suggested he was, nor does JLN's picture prove anything either way, as the ball was already out. It also doesn't change the fact that I have seen at two losses directly blamed on the referees.

Honest question. Do you not understand that that the fumble can already occur and if you touch it while also touching out of bounds the play is immediately dead? This happens often though not exactly like this.

Why are you still dealing in hypotheticals? What more do you want from me, BRick? I conceded that I was wrong about the rule.

You said JLNs picture didn't prove it either way. He's clearly touching the ground and the ball.

So, we went from it being a fumble and me getting the rule wrong, to now it wasn't a fumble in the first place? :lol:

And I don't let things go.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 am 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

So, we went from it being a fumble and me getting the rule wrong, to now it wasn't a fumble in the first place? :lol:

And I don't let things go.
Well, you had like 10 posts in here last night so I doubt you are letting things go.

However, what I am making sure is that you know that the call was indisputably wrong based on what JLN said. It doesn't even matter if it was a fumble or not. The play is over when any player, including the person who fumbled it, touches the ball at the same time they are touching out of bounds or have already touched out of bounds and not established that they are back in the field of play. The Bears should have gotten the ball somewhere within the 5 yard line. Do you admit that this would have been the correct call on that play? There isn't even a reason to debate if it was a fumble or not. The result is the same either way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 am 

Ok.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 am 

Chus wrote:
Ok.
So, you admit that the Bears should have had the ball somewhere within the 5 yard line?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 am 

Potato salad

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 am 

Chus wrote:
Potato salad
This is a bad look for a guy who has been mocking Bears fans since the play happened.

It turns out the Bears fans were correct in thinking that the play was called poorly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 am 

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 am 

Chus wrote:
Dead horse? Just admit that the Bears should have had the ball within the 5 yard line and that Bears fans were right to be upset at a bad call that went against them and it is over.

You are still flopping around on the floor trying to get up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 am 

Did you miss the post where I admitted I was wrong?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 am 

Chus wrote:
Did you miss the post where I admitted I was wrong?

All you have to do is say that yes the Bears should have had the ball within the 5 yard line.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 am 

Rick, I was wrong about the rule, as I said yesterday. The Bears should have retained possession. How many more times do I need to say it?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 am 

Long Time Guy wins again.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 am 

Chus wrote:
Rick, I was wrong about the rule, as I said yesterday. The Bears should have retained possession. How many more times do I need to say it?

That was the only time. Next time don't mock Bears fans incessantly about complaining about a bad call against them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Don Tiny wrote:

That's all fine, but Boyd would do better. I await a witty and appropriate pro wrestling gif from him. What are those guys pounding in the ring these days, triple IPA's?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

That was the only time. Next time don't mock Bears fans incessantly about complaining about a bad call against them.

Admitting that I was wrong twice is necessary to satisfy BRick. I will remember that for the future.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

Admitting that I was wrong twice is necessary to satisfy BRick. I will remember that for the future.

Only when you are kind of a dick for about 36 hours....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

For the record, I wasn't mocking Bears' fans for complaining about a bad call. I was mocking the fans who directly blamed the referees for two losses. Those are two different things.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 am 

Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

For the record, I wasn't mocking Bears' fans for complaining about a bad call. I was mocking the fans who directly blamed the referees for two losses. Those are two different things.
Except, you know, you did it pretty much right away after the call:
Chus wrote:
First Bears' fan to blame the refs for the loss should they lose? Light 'em up!

That was 6 minutes after you claimed it was a a fumble and a touchback and you continued to tell every person who said it was the wrong call that they were wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Chus wrote:

Except, you know, you did it pretty much right away after the call:
Chus wrote:
First Bears' fan to blame the refs for the loss should they lose? Light 'em up!

That was 6 minutes after you claimed it was a a fumble and a touchback and you continued to tell every person who said it was the wrong call that they were wrong.

I was trying to clear up what it was that I was mocking. For posterity.

I was wrong about the rule, BRick. This is now my third time admitting it. I have a fourth ready to go, if need be.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 am 

The point is that you couldn't have simply been mocking the Bears fans for saying it lost them the game, which was mostly a made up thought anyways, because you were mocking Bears fans for it BEFORE the loss even happened!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Chus:I was wrong about the rule, BRick. This is now my third time admitting it. I have a fourth ready to go, if need be.

Do you remember the time Chus admitted he got the Bear’s call wrong 3 times, but Brick pressured him to admit it a 4th time?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
Chus:I was wrong about the rule, BRick. This is now my third time admitting it. I have a fourth ready to go, if need be.

Do you remember the time Chus admitted he got the Bear’s call wrong 3 times, but Brick pressured him to admit it a 4th time?

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25