pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
That's Jim Shorts. He's done.

That sucky better be right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
And have you found the special teams stats on Bellamy? Because according to you, he's on the team because he's a special teams ace.

That's one of the reasons.

Tanner gentry sucks.

I don't think I have said one word defending Tanner Gentry. Another white guy WR who showed some flash during exhibition season. I've been watching too many seasons to get sucked in by that! My main beef is with Bellamy. He has dropped so many big passes over the last 2 years, I lost count!

Special Team Ace?...fine,just STOP THROWING TO HIM!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
And have you found the special teams stats on Bellamy? Because according to you, he's on the team because he's a special teams ace.

Tanner gentry sucks.

I don't think I have said one word defending Tanner Gentry. Another white guy WR who showed some flash during exhibition season. I've been watching too many seasons to get sucked in by that! My main beef is with Bellamy. He has dropped so many big passes over the last 2 years, I lost count!

I wonder if people held the same biases against Adam Thelien?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Tanner gentry sucks.

At least your meatballery nature acknowledges the importance of special teams.

It cost the Seahawks a game and possibly a trip to the playoffs last night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It's pretty clear this team has checked out. Fire Fox now, play out the string as best you can, and get started on next season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
They should fire him and stick in one of the offensive coaches to finish it out and throw the ball. I'd choose Ragone but he has not HC experience at any level and neither does any other offensive coach.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
They should fire him and stick in one of the offensive coaches to finish it out and throw the ball. I'd choose Ragone but he has not HC experience at any level and neither does any other offensive coach.

Bring in Wanny!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I'm still opposed to a midseason firing. This is not as bad as the Trestman collapse so far though I'll admit it can easily get that bad in the next couple weeks. Its not like the Bears will gain anything but bringing some interim moron they'll just boot after week 17 anyways. All it will do is sate your bloodlust.

Unless Fox does something truly unprofessional, like what Trestman did, there's no reason. Let (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky keep taking his lumps, scout the guys you think are in the plans for next year, and wait. I really dont think Pace is going to get fired, I also dont think he should. He was playing for 2018-19 in the offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
There's no chance Pace gets fired unless he does some non-football stupid thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
There's no chance Pace gets fired unless he does some non-football stupid thing.

Like driving around the city masturbating in the car?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Like driving around the city masturbating in the car?

Is he wearing a seat belt?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yes. With a giant hole in the lap belt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm 

Or they turn into a complete clown show, which I dont think Fox will allow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Pace survives and very doubtful they axe Fox before the end of the season unless Fagio wants the gig for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:44 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
Pace survives and very doubtful they axe Fox before the end of the season unless Fagio wants the gig for the rest of the year.

Unless the new HC absolutely wants him keeping Fangio, much less promoting him, would be the first thing Pace has done that would seriously make me want him fired. The Bears defense hasn't been that great this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think Fox gets fired on Christmas Day, 24 hours after Cleveland comes into the lakefront and beat the Bears for their only one of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

Pace probably is bad. In the best case scenario he is average. Letting him hire another coach means you have to give him another 3 to 4 years or you get a situation where the new GM didn't hire the coach which is normally bad.

Fire both. Clean house with a guy who can build around (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:20 pm 

I think Pace and "his guy" have one season to win some games. Maybe two.

Its impossible to really say Pace is bad when the most important decision he can make as GM was instead handled by Ted Phillips and Ernie Accorsi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm 

America wrote:
Its impossible to really say Pace is bad when the most important decision he can make as GM was instead handled by Ted Phillips and Ernie Accorsi.

That is the part that bothers me. He should be allowed to hire his own HC. If we could really say that Fox was Paces guy then by all means he should hit the door as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm 

America wrote:

Don't care.

If he accepted a job and didn't get to pick his own first coaching hire then that's even worse. It's not like he inherited Fox.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Don't care.

If he accepted a job and didn't get to pick his own first coaching hire then that's even worse. It's not like he inherited Fox.

Well if he's not involved in coaching decisions then he's basically in charge of scouting, which he's done a pretty decent job at so far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm 

firing the head scout because the Bears cant manage resources or find a coach with a pulse seems vindictive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I do think it would be fair to let Pace hire his own man this time. I sorta got the Accorsi deal when the HC and GM jobs had to be filled at the same time, but they can't do that again. Now that he's had a few years to craft a vision for the team, he should get to pick his coach. And if this coach sucks like the last two, then they're both gone. (And then we get another Accorsi deal and the wheel goes round and round again?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm 

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Don't care.

Well if he's not involved in coaching decisions then he's basically in charge of scouting, which he's done a pretty decent job at so far.

Not really. Many teams have completely outclassed the bears this year. This isn't a league that requires 5 years to look competitive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm 

And this is why they wouldn't hire Toub. If they hire Toub it clearly signals a McCaskey family pick.

Even if it is Pace's #1 choice, nobody would believe it and he knows it. He needs to make "his hire" so it will be someone that is not linked to others in the organization or its history. It's his chance to make a mark for this job / legacy / resume.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:45 pm 

And this is why they wouldn't hire Toub. If they hire Toub it clearly signals a McCaskey family pick.

Even if it is Pace's #1 choice, nobody would believe it and he knows it. He needs to make "his hire" so it will be someone that is not linked to others in the organization or its history. It's his chance to make a mark for this job / legacy / resume.

I think the biggest indictment of Pace is that he "hired" a coach he didn't want. That should be non-negotiable for any GM. If Fox was already the coach then maybe require a year like they did with Lovie but no chance you do that as a new hire.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think the biggest indictment of Pace is that he "hired" a coach he didn't want. That should be non-negotiable for any GM. If Fox was already the coach then maybe require a year like they did with Lovie but no chance you do that as a new hire.

The Bears panicked.

They didn't even let Pace truly conduct a search. I don't put that on him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The Bears panicked.

They didn't even let Pace truly conduct a search. I don't put that on him.

It had to come up in the interview. If not then Pace should have said no to Fox and risk getting fired.

In reality, I think Pace was fine with Fox.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino

If they don’t get to 5 wins, Pace and Fox are gone. If they don’t win again, Teddy will be gone too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Jaw Breaker wrote:

If they don’t get to 5 wins, Pace and Fox are gone. If they don’t win again, Teddy will be gone too.

I wouldn't bank on Teddy going anywhere.