It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coaching search 2018
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:03 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Kaepernick was a one sytem QB which the NFL figured out rather quickly. His inability to perform after Harbaugh left is an indictment of his prior development deficiencies.

Alex Smith has done so much better under the tutelage of Reid than he did under Harbaugh. Who thought so much of him, that he benched and then traded him.

There have been a few more pros in the NFL from Abilene Christian, then from San Diego. Not a good reason to tout their head coach as a future NFL head man.

So we can reconvene when Brandon Peters works out.

Smith took the much bigger leap from nothing to good under Harbaugh than the good to very good step he has taken under Reid. Your point about the benching is irrelevant to the discussion but Reid drafted a QB in the first round to replace Smith.

The NFL didn't figure Kaepernick out too quickly as he went on a two year run that only ended when his relationship with Harbaugh ended.

We are not discussing whether Harbaugh SHOULD be a future head coach. He already has an impressive record and if he made himself available would have NFL and NCAA suitors. We are discussing his coaching impact on QB. I contend Josh Johnson is not drafted by the NFL if not taught by Harbaugh. You contend that those NFL qualities were present when he decided to play for a school that has never produced an NFL player before him.

I imagine you will want to reconvene in the next two weeks as Peters faces Wisconsin and Ohio State. I will want to reconvene in two years but will have forgotten about this conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kaepernick was a one sytem QB which the NFL figured out rather quickly. His inability to perform after Harbaugh left is an indictment of his prior development deficiencies.

Alex Smith has done so much better under the tutelage of Reid than he did under Harbaugh. Who thought so much of him, that he benched and then traded him.

There have been a few more pros in the NFL from Abilene Christian, then from San Diego. Not a good reason to tout their head coach as a future NFL head man.

Smith took the much bigger leap from nothing to good under Harbaugh than the good to very good step he has taken under Reid. Your point about the benching is irrelevant to the discussion but Reid drafted a QB in the first round to replace Smith.

The NFL didn't figure Kaepernick out too quickly as he went on a two year run that only ended when his relationship with Harbaugh ended.

We are not discussing whether Harbaugh SHOULD be a future head coach. He already has an impressive record and if he made himself available would have NFL and NCAA suitors. We are discussing his coaching impact on QB. I contend Josh Johnson is not drafted by the NFL if not taught by Harbaugh. You contend that those NFL qualities were present when he decided to play for a school that has never produced an NFL player before him.

I imagine you will want to reconvene in the next two weeks as Peters faces Wisconsin and Ohio State. I will want to reconvene in two years but will have forgotten about this conversation.

Your imagination is tainted by your trolling in the Cubs section.

I grew up a Michigan fan, and hope that Peters does well.

I'm aware that Harbaugh is a solid bet to be a head coach somewhere for a long time. Despite the fact his track record of developing successful QB's long term has been less than stellar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I'm aware that Harbaugh is a solid bet to be a head coach somewhere for a long time. Despite the fact his track record of developing successful QB's long term has been less than stellar.

You know what has been good? His track record of winning fucking games.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

But not the big game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
what about Fangio?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Mangino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 am 

Seacrest wrote:
One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

But not the big game.

The Bears have made the playoffs 4 times this millennium, lets worry about making the playoffs first.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I'd be down with Harbaugh. Dude is eccentric, but he can coach. Thing is, I see Pace as an obstacle to landing guys like Jim. All these guys like Payton and Harbaugh will want more power than the traditional coach would. I think even McDaniels will demand more say than your average coach. And if you look at some of the best teams in the league, that's kind of how it works. Those guys are the football minds making the football decisions, a team with a GM like Pace isn't going in that direction imo. Only way it happens is by ousting Pace and starting all over again. And I doubt the Bears are the organization for that. They seem to be looking to establish some continuity for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

NME wrote:
I'd be down with Harbaugh. Dude is eccentric, but he can coach. Thing is, I see Pace as an obstacle to landing guys like Jim. All these guys like Payton and Harbaugh will want more power than the traditional coach would. I think even McDaniels will demand more say than your average coach. And if you look at some of the best teams in the league, that's kind of how it works. Those guys are the football minds making the football decisions, a team with a GM like Pace isn't going in that direction imo. Only way it happens is by ousting Pace and starting all over again. And I doubt the Bears are the organization for that. They seem to be looking to establish some continuity for what it's worth.

Eccentric would be one for it.

1-5 vs Ohio State and MSU. Got beaten today by a redshirt freshman QB.

Keep Harbaugh, I want a coach that is a proven winner. Like Urban Meyer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith benched for Mahomes in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I think its going to be Matt Patricia. Just my gut feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
America wrote:

Interesting. You don't think Pace is going Offense for HC?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It would be so "Bears" to hire a defensive head coach when you desperately need an offensive mind for Trubsiki.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:01 pm 

Depending on what other jobs are open, I'm gonna guess Frank Reich.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Peoria Matt wrote:

I'm not sure he's going to want it. He's turning 56 next week, he's probably only going to get one chance to be a head coach. Why take this job if anybody else wants him?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I'm not sure he's going to want it. He's turning 56 next week, he's probably only going to get one chance to be a head coach. Why take this job if anybody else wants him?

I agree, that's why I prefaced that guess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'd be very pleased with Toub but it won't happen.

It will be a Pace guy as someone mentioned earlier. A Saints guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 pm 

:lol: It just dawned on me why I have seen so many firefox logos on twitter lately.... :lol: :oops:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 pm 

Forgot about Toub. Mannelly was really talking him up last week. No nonsense guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:29 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'd be very pleased with Toub but it won't happen.

It will be a Pace guy as someone mentioned earlier. A Saints guy.

Dear God, Toub would be such a god awful hire, it actually might happen considering it's "Da Bears".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Terrible, awful thought

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 pm 

Perhaps we should get our heads out of our asses and follow the blueprint of Philly and the Rams, hiring an "offensive minded" head coach for their young QB...shit I thought Goff was a flat out bust, and McVeigh has saved him.

Dave fucking Toub..jesus Christ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Doesn't matter who the coach is. Tough to win games when the Refs have it out for the Bears.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

America wrote:

Oh God please be true

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Oh God please be true

Dont really know much about this guy. What about him makes you want it to be true?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Oh God please be true

Dont really know much about this guy. What about him makes you want it to be true?

If I had to guess, it would be because a Bears fan liked the idea.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Oh God please be true

He has little coaching experience, the Pats defense isn't very good and I don't even know how much of that is him or Belichick, Belichick disciples have a history of failure when branching out(I know RFDC remembers the "great" Josh McDaniels). What's the case FOR hiring him?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:20 pm 

:lol: yeah FFs favorite coach McDaniels.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing him get the job. I think he is a pretty bright guy and another opportunity could be a good thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Oh God please be true

He has little coaching experience, the Pats defense isn't very good and I don't even know how much of that is him or Belichick, Belichick disciples have a history of failure when branching out(I know RFDC remembers the "great" Josh McDaniels). What's the case FOR hiring him?

I don't want to hire him. I was just being a smartass.

The Bears don't need a defensive head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:26 pm 

I don't think I could have a guy named "Patricia" running my football team. Gay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next