It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coaching search 2018
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 pm 

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
I just don't think he'll leave UM

He's making 7 million a year. The Bears are not going to give him more than that. Especially after paying off Fox and Glennon.

with a prohibitive buyout from Michigan

After losing the big game again, my sources tell me that UM is willing to work with people on their buyout terms.

You are very wrong on this, gotta be a personal dislike of Harbaugh going on. Michigan knows hes their best coach since Scembechler.

Lloyd Carr disagrees

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Just read an incredible stat.

In the John Fox Era, the Bears are 0-7 when favored.

Even more incredible, they've only been favored in 7 of 44 games!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Harbaugh > Carr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Just read an incredible stat.

In the John Fox Era, the Bears are 0-7 when favored.

Even more incredible, they've only been favored in 7 of 44 games!

Heard whoshisnuts on M&H say 0 and 6 Friday during his segment and it solidified my intent to buy 9ers this week.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
Harbaugh > Carr

:lol: :lol:

You can be such an ignorant son of a gun.

Carr won a national tile in his third year. Harbaugh beat Indiana.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Brad Biggs 10 thoughts today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

1. Here is something no one is talking about yet and the Bears aren’t going to admit when this season comes to a merciful end on Dec. 31 at Minnesota: Whatever opening or openings the Bears have for employment at Halas Hall aren’t going to be nearly as appealing as they’d like you to believe. They’re going to pass it off as a premier destination in the NFL — but it sure isn’t right now.

Yes, the Bears will have more appeal than the Browns, who have the worst job for a football coach this side of the University of Tennessee. Maybe it’s not surprising Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has deep ties to the Volunteers program? There are going to be a bunch of openings following the end of the season, and one veteran agent who represents coaches forecasted a minimum of seven when I chatted with him last week. It’s not difficult at all to envision the Bears being in the market for their third head coach in a five-year span. In fact, it is practically expected. And the point here is a handful of other jobs are going to look a lot more appealing than the Bears’ gig at Halas Hall. That could force the Bears to get in line for their preferred candidate or candidates and who knows how that would go.

Yes, there might be candidates that really like quarterback Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. It’s going to be hard for anyone to fall in love with him based off game tape from this season. There will be a couple candidates that are OK with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and see potential upside in this year’s second overall pick. Then, there will be candidates that aren’t real interested in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or are more enamored with another job where they could have the freedom to go out and get their own guy with potential for a flurry of veterans to be available as well as some intriguing draft prospects.

Going beyond the quarterback position, the Bears have a serious lack of playmakers. It’s an ongoing issue and it’s why they are destined for a fourth consecutive losing season. They declined the fifth-year option for cornerback Kyle Fuller entering this season and it would be a stunner if they don’t decline the fifth-year option for wide receiver Kevin White this coming offseason. Failing to hit on first-round draft picks is just one example of why the roster remains critically flawed. Failing to keep the roster healthy is another serious issue and it would be foolish and unfair to pin that on the head coach alone.

Sure, the Bears will try to sell the idea that there’s rich history within the franchise and that’s certainly true. But there’s one lonesome Lombardi Trophy in the lobby at Halas Hall and the great tradition they talk about is really rooted in the 1940’s as legendary linebacker Dick Butkus references in the video they play at Soldier Field in the minutes leading up to kickoff at each home game. Up-and-coming coaches aren’t concerned about tradition, they’re laser-focused on their chances to succeed with what can often be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Once upon a time, the Bears were an attractive landing spot because they were viewed as a patient organization and with patience comes job security. That will no longer be the case if they make moves after this season. Chairman of the board George McCaskey fired Lovie Smith after a 10-6 season in 2012. Marc Trestman lasted two seasons. John Fox is in Year 3.

How do you work around being an unattractive landing spot? It’s not easy but the 49ers seemed to have pulled it off this past offseason when they lured Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan away from the NFC champions. Shanahan is the club’s fourth coach in four years and the only way they talked him in to coming was money. The 49ers signed Shanahan to a six-year contract. That’s two more years than the typical deal, particularly for a first-time head coach. That’s two more years than the Bears gave Fox. The six-year deal for Shanahan matches the six-year contract the club gave new general manager John Lynch. Those are guaranteed deals meaning there is a ton of money invested in the men. You know what else Shanahan got? He received control over the 53-man roster. That means Shanahan can select who stays and who goes and that can be an important chip for a coach when he needs to make it clear to the locker room he has the most juice in the building. It’s difficult to envision Bears general manager Ryan Pace ceding control of the 53-man roster to a new head coach if Pace is out and about looking for a new head coach in the first week of January.

The 49ers had a bad image and bad reputation when they sought to rebuild – again. The roster was and still is a mess but they bucked up and offered huge security to get two men to come in and take over. It now appears they’ve found a quarterback for the future after flipping a second-round draft pick to the Patriots to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo. Boy, he looked pretty darn good against the Bears in completing 26 of 37 passes for 293 yards. The 49ers can sell a little hope right now and that’s one thing that is in short supply at 1920 Football Dr. in Lake Forest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Why waste print to opine that the Bears are going to decline Kevin White's option.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

That's why Biggs is the best football writer in the city. He takes no prisoners and provides sound analysis and opinion no matter what others might think.

I miss our impromptu meetings at Ace hardware and Westmore Liquors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm 

Biggs is great.

I also like Rich Campbell.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Peoria Matt wrote:
Biggs is great.

I still think the Bears are a very attractive landing spot though. If you can win here, you become King of Chicago in a rabid football city.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Biggs is great.

I still think the Bears are a very attractive landing spot though. If you can win here, you become King of Chicago in a rabid football city.

Plus you get to start your tenure with future special teams Hall-of-Famer Josh Bellamy on the roster.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Biggs is great.

The King of Chicago part is indisputable. But the management structure & how it's staffed are flaming red flags though. The continuing reliance on outside search firms/people confirm that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
King of Chicago? Stop living in the past you dopes. The Chicago Cubs are King.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Early day drinking is a problem. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
When the Bears are good, every other team in this city is dwarfed.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
When the Bears are good, every other team in this city is dwarfed.

as evidenced by the "surprise" (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky draft pick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Early day drinking is a problem. :D

:lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Please make this happen

Quote:
Jeff Fisher reportedly wants to coach the Bears next year
By Tony Andracki December 19, 2017 11:12 AM
8 Comments

If the Bears part ways with John Fox after the 2017 like many pundits predict, they could have a free agent coach ready and waiting...

...in the form of Jeff Fisher.

Seriously:

Mike Jurecki

@mikejurecki
Jeff Fisher wants to get back into the NFL next year, could be eyeing three jobs if they open: Cleveland, Indy and Chicago. Fisher buyout from the Rams was $16M.
10:49 AM - Dec 19, 2017

The coach notorious for his amazing ability to hover around .500 and made internet-famous with his epic "7-9 bulls--t" speech on "Hard Knocks" reportedly wants to coach in Cleveland, Indianapolis or Chicago:

This isn't the first we've heard about Fisher's desire to get back into coaching, as CBSSports' Jason La Canfora wrote on the matter earlier this month.

Fisher was fired in the middle of the 2016 by the Los Angeles Rams, who are now one of the best teams in football and are about to clinch a playoff spot after annihilating the Seattle Seahawks last week.

He is 173-165-1 in his NFL career and hasn't finished above .500 since 2008 when he went 13-3. Since then, he is 45-63-1 in six-plus seasons as coach of the Rams and Tennessee Titans.

The soon-to-be-60-year-old Fisher is 5-6 in his career in the postseason, including a trip to Super Bowl XXXIV (1999) when he and the Titans lost to the St. Louis Rams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:31 pm 

Uh.....he better not even get a sniff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
GUPPY! MY GUY!! Let me sit the stage, Soliders Feild, 1985, BUCS IN TOWN, Fish was on the bench, guy I was with threw a Sandwhich down, said "HERE'S SOME FISH GOOD," FIsher ate the Sandwhich, helped lead Bears defense to BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME!, connection??>? Good Coach, gets a abd rap, never ahd fair shake in Tennessee becuse THE MANAGEMENT wasn't patient enough to see his vision through, SOUN FAMILIAR?, sadly, McClaskeys will never give 85 Bears a cohacing chance, sent RUAN Rivera away, couldnt handle SIngletaey FIRE AND DA PASSION, who will better turn around special teams??? Maybe they should just hire a forgetable former player, JERRY?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yes. Fire John Fox for a younger, moustachioed John Fox.

It makes no sense at all. Which means its totally a Bears move.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
Uh.....he better not even get a sniff.

No worries, I think it’s just silly clickbait. I want to coach the Bears too. Maybe someone should write an article on it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

I wouldn't be opposed to him as DC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Vikings DC George Edwards would be an interesting candidate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:43 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Vikings DC George Edwards would be an interesting candidate

Doesn't Zimmer really run the defense?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:44 am 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Seacrest wrote:
312player wrote:
Harbaugh > Carr

:lol: :lol:

You can be such an ignorant son of a gun.

Carr won a national tile in his third year. Harbaugh beat Indiana.

If Harbaugh stays in Ann Arbor for 12 years he will win one too. I dont think he'll be in college in 2 years, I bet he goes back to the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
General managers, who needs 'em?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I dont think they are tone deaf enough to hire Fisher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next