It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coaching search 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:48 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
I just don't think he'll leave UM

He's making 7 million a year. The Bears are not going to give him more than that. Especially after paying off Fox and Glennon.

with a prohibitive buyout from Michigan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

He's making 7 million a year. The Bears are not going to give him more than that. Especially after paying off Fox and Glennon.

I guess it depends but I thought most buyouts are only for other college jobs. You can go to the NFL and they can't do much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:35 am 

It looks like Harbaugh has a buyout if he goes to the NFL though, which makes sense given he already coached there.

However, his initial contract looks like it was really low like a couple million.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It just doesn't make sense to come to the Bears from UM. Even if they fired Pace and gave Harbaugh his title Harbaugh would still have to contend with Phillips, who I'm starting to suspect has most major personnel decisions (first round picks, big FA's, extensions, coaching staff) run by him. Judging by how his time in SF went I dont think he wants to give up being Head Football Czar at Michigan just to be in constant conflict with some Irish Jew with no football background telling Harbaugh what he can and cant do.

You think about the coaches the Bears have hired since Wannstedt...not a lot of strong personalities in there. Jauron was a mopey sack. Trestman some new age-y pawn they could control just by giving him the opportunity. Fox just wants a nice retirement check and to be around football some more. Even Lovie didn't show that he'd command any sort of presence until the team leaders started to really rally around him.

I said I thought it'd be Patricia but the more I think about it the more I realize that he and McDaniels (the real prize) wont do much more than interview. The guys who know they are worth something are smarter now and they cant be lured in with "oh yea you'll be in CHICAGO, charter franchise!" when they know they'll be sabotaged by Phillips. That's why they'll either get a desperate assistant or geezer like Reich who just wants to be able to get an NFL HC job because that is the mountaintop. And it wont work, because the GM is basically head scout and nobody who actually knows football will be allowed to make the serious football decisions.

If the Bears ownership didn't blow up the Phillips regime after the complete Trestman debacle they never will. For some reason that guy has really gotten in their ear.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Agreed America.. Well stated

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Per Hub Fangio not a candidate:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/ ... /index.xml

There has been a lot of talk around Chicago about the possibility of firing head coach John Fox prior to the end of the 2017 season and elevating defensive coordinator Vic Fangio to interim head coach for the rest of the season if the decision has already been made that Fox will not be back in 2018.

Fangio is well respected in league circles for his work coordinating the defenses of the San Francisco 49ers and Bears, but he is still somewhat unknown as a head-coaching prospect, having received minimal interest to date. Fangio is particularly popular in Chicago right now, and yet it appears unlikely he would return as the defensive coordinator should he be passed over for the head job.

The interim head coach solution is viewed by some of our sources around the league as a great way to let Fangio audition for the job and give general manager Ryan Pace an idea of what he has in house before shopping outside the organization for his next head coach should Fox be terminated.

However, according to several sources close to the situation, Fangio being named an interim head coach won’t happen. The reason that won't happen, we’re hearing, is that the Bears front office already has a list of names to interview as potential head coach candidates going forward and Fangio's name isn’t on it.

If Fangio were to have success for a few games as an interim head coach, it could create significant pressure on Pace to give Fangio the job on a permanent basis even if he still isn’t convinced Fangio’s the right guy for the job.

According to our sources, Pace already has plans for change in the very near future and auditioning Fangio could possibly interfere with those plans a lot more than help them. While there is virtually no chance that Fangio will return as defensive coordinator with whomever is named the next Bears head coach, we’re hearing that’s a loss Pace is already preparing for.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Fine. Than Fire Fox and name the Special Teams coach interim, or name Mark Sanchez the coach I don't give a single goddam.

Coach Buttfumble would be perfect for this middling piece of shit organization.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Is vegan still on the Fox bandwagon?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

No I'm officially off. They lost games they should have won this year. Pace's disaster signing of Glennon didn't help things, either did the failure to sign/acquire professional WRs. No disrespect to future all pro Kendall Wright though (shoutout to FF).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

No I'm officially off. They lost games they should have won this year. Pace's disaster signing of Glennon didn't help things, either did the failure to sign/acquire professional WRs. No disrespect to future all pro Kendall Wright though (shoutout to FF).

:shock:

Bout time.

And all I ever said about Kendall Wright was that he was a professional WR. I think 311 career catches for 3500 yards and 19 career TDs proves as much. Thank you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

After losing the big game again, my sources tell me that UM is willing to work with people on their buyout terms.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
The Bears aren't paying their next coach, whoever it is, 7 million a year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC, how would you feel if the Bears hired Josh McDaniels as the HC this offseason?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:36 am 

RFDC wrote:
I actually wouldnt mind seeing him get the job. I think he is a pretty bright guy and another opportunity could be a good thing.

I was referring to McDaniels in this post.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:35 am 

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I actually wouldnt mind seeing him get the job. I think he is a pretty bright guy and another opportunity could be a good thing.

I was referring to McDaniels in this post.

Agreed. Hire Orton too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

After losing the big game again, my sources tell me that UM is willing to work with people on their buyout terms.

You are very wrong on this, gotta be a personal dislike of Harbaugh going on. Michigan knows hes their best coach since Scembechler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

My sources tell me that you are lying about your sources.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 am 

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

You are very wrong on this, gotta be a personal dislike of Harbaugh going on. Michigan knows hes their best coach since Scembechler.

Michigan is going to be competing for a national title next year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

My sources tell me that you are lying about your sources.

You don't have any source.

Harbaugh's "personality" has started to piss off some of the wrong people. AGAIN.

He better be in the BCS final next year. Which means I hope he finds a real good JUCO transfer to play QB. Because he sure as shit hasn't developed one yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I don't see Harbaugh coming to the Bears unless the Bears ditch Pace. But if for some reason it were to turn out that he is actually available and willing to come to Chicago, I'd like if they looked into it.

Also, have players and his coaching staff had negative things to say about Jim, or is it mainly higher up types when people say things like 'wearing out his welcome'?

Anyone know?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:41 am 
Site Admin

NME wrote:
I don't see Harbaugh coming to the Bears unless the Bears ditch Pace. But if for some reason it were to turn out that he is actually available and willing to come to Chicago, I'd like if they looked into it.

Also, have players and his coaching staff had negative things to say about Jim, or is it mainly higher up types when people say things like 'wearing out his welcome'?

Anyone know?

Jim's ego far exceeds his record in big games at ANY level.

From the Yahoo article about Nebraska hiring Scott Frost...

Nebraska will never get back to that Tom Osborne Big Eight heyday in that fashion. The Big Ten is full of big teams with big offensive linemen, but with Frost, they at least a piece of Osborne back. He's the perfect coach to lead the Huskers back to a seat at the table — but it will take time. Michigan ran the same nostalgia, confidence and swagger play with Jim Harbaugh, and the Wolverines are still finding their footing three years later.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 am 

yea but Michigan is in an infinitely better place than they were than pre-Harbaugh. That program was in a death spiral and now they are competing pretty well and stockpiling some nice recruits. I agree that some of the shine is off Harbaugh because they've been a bit worse than expected, but he hasn't been bad. I dont think any Michigan fans seriously want him fired.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
I dont think he wants to give up being Head Football Czar at Michigan just to be in constant conflict with some Irish Jew with no football background telling Harbaugh what he can and cant do.

I thought Ted was Greek.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am 

He does have the greasiness. That'd be even worse.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:16 am 

I get the feeling the Giants have their hearts set on McDaniels.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
He does have the greasiness. That'd be even worse.

lol, the idea of Senor finding out Ted is a gentile. "This...(sigh) changes the...entire...calculus of what the Bears are doing and have ever done."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

America wrote:
yea but Michigan is in an infinitely better place than they were than pre-Harbaugh. That program was in a death spiral and now they are competing pretty well and stockpiling some nice recruits. I agree that some of the shine is off Harbaugh because they've been a bit worse than expected, but he hasn't been bad. I dont think any Michigan fans seriously want him fired.

His best year was with Hoke's recruits.

Next year will be his 4th year of coaching with virtually all of the players being his. He needs to end up playing for a national championship.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
America wrote:

His best year was with Hoke's recruits.

Next year will be his 4th year of coaching with virtually all of the players being his. He needs to end up playing for a national championship.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
It blows my mind that UM would blow it up and go back to sucking dick for beer money.

Harbaugh is better than anything out there. It would be stupid to fire him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
It blows my mind that UM would blow it up and go back to sucking dick for beer money.

Harbaugh is better than anything out there. It would be stupid to fire him.

He won't get fired soon. The calls of bullshit will begin next year though if he doesn't make it to the BCS playoff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next