It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coaching search 2018
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

Over rated coach who will wear out his welcome in 5 years or less.

I would like to see Dave Toub here. Great special team coach and a great leader as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Toub, Smith, Vrabel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
5 years? Most of these idiots have worn out their welcome after 5 games!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
5 years? Most of these idiots have worn out their welcome after 5 games!

Three martini lunch again Hatchet?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

I would like to see Dave Toub here. Great special team coach and a great leader as well.

I don't see any stop where Harbaugh's influence was overrated. Even at Michigan, his first two years were generally considered to be overachieving and I expect they will be a top 10 program at the start of year 4 with a team that is entirely his recruits.

I'm intrigued by Toub.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Dave Toub. Need someone familiar with the dysfunctional Bears organization.

#Family

Until this year I would have been pleased with a Toub regime. I'm noticed his special teams on every staff he has played on. Sadly at 55 just too old for a first time coach. He should have gotten a shot somewhere.

I would be down with Toub. There are plenty of ST coaches who have made the jump and he is obviously a difference maker as an assistant. He also seems open to innovation.

John Harbaugh made the jump from special teams coordinator to head coach in Baltimore, seems to have worked out for all parties. Limiting a search to just DCs and OCs at the NFL level is silly. There is so much more to the HC job than just knowing the X's and O's on one side of the ball.

I'd love to see the Bears give Jim Harbaugh the keys to the organization. HC and essentially GM so he can design the roster that he wants. Guy has built teams and been successful every step of the way. I think he's got unfinished business in the NFL, it just depends on when he wants to leave Michigan, and who is going to give him the control that he wants over an NFL franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

What stop in his career has Harbaugh not been judged properly? He took over a shitbox of a program in Palo Alto and built it into a top tier program. He went to SF and took a shitbox of an organization and built it into a Super Bowl contender.

He's probably going to win 10 games in a row for the third straight year at Michigan, a premier program no doubt, but a program with one 10+ win season in the prior 7.

He's an excellent fucking football coach.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I bet Harbaugh's act would wear thin quickly. But if he comes here and starts winning, he will be hailed as a savior. I'd take that chance. Toub is fine too, but he is not proven as a head coach. Harbaugh is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Doesn't matter who the coach is. Tough to win games when the Refs have it out for the Bears.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

What stop in his career has Harbaugh not been judged properly? He took over a shitbox of a program in Palo Alto and built it into a top tier program. He went to SF and took a shitbox of an organization and built it into a Super Bowl contender.

He's probably going to win 10 games in a row for the third straight year at Michigan, a premier program no doubt, but a program with one 10+ win season in the prior 7.

and he has done a wonderful job at developing quarterbacks. He made Kaepernick and Smith worthy of big contracts. He made an NFL QB out of NCS player Josh Johnson at University of San Diego. He made Andrew Luck the first pick in the draft.

I wouldn't mind entrusting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development in a guy with that track record

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm 

One Post wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Dave Toub. Need someone familiar with the dysfunctional Bears organization.

#Family

Until this year I would have been pleased with a Toub regime. I'm noticed his special teams on every staff he has played on. Sadly at 55 just too old for a first time coach. He should have gotten a shot somewhere.

I would be down with Toub. There are plenty of ST coaches who have made the jump and he is obviously a difference maker as an assistant. He also seems open to innovation.

John Harbaugh made the jump from special teams coordinator to head coach in Baltimore, seems to have worked out for all parties. Limiting a search to just DCs and OCs at the NFL level is silly. There is so much more to the HC job than just knowing the X's and O's on one side of the ball.

I'd love to see the Bears give Jim Harbaugh the keys to the organization. HC and essentially GM so he can design the roster that he wants. Guy has built teams and been successful every step of the way. I think he's got unfinished business in the NFL, it just depends on when he wants to leave Michigan, and who is going to give him the control that he wants over an NFL franchise.

You missed the most obvious example

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
rogers park bryan wrote:
Whichever coach wins the Grey Cup

Best answer, knowing the Bears. Ha.

I don't think fans know who the Bears are anymore. Need to bring that Monsters of the Midway identity back.

Hire Leslie Frasier or Singletary. But not Harbaugh, unless it's John Harbaugh. Michigan people don't do well with the Bears.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:52 pm 

I have always been intrigued by Toub and would like to see him get a shot somewhere. My concern would be is he the guy that can develop Tribusky?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Josh McDaniels.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm 

Upon further review Pace will hire some cuntbag with a lower profile than himself. And he don't know Taub from his asshole

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

and he has done a wonderful job at developing quarterbacks. He made Kaepernick and Smith worthy of big contracts. He made an NFL QB out of NCS player Josh Johnson at University of San Diego. He made Andrew Luck the first pick in the draft.

I wouldn't mind entrusting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development in a guy with that track record

Five years is the max time a college kid will spend with Harbaugh.

He hasn't developed a QB at Michigan. And Luck was going to be a star with or without Harbaugh. Smith was developed more by And Reid then by Harbaugh. And no one thinks enough of Kaep to sign him. Josh Johnson...tee hee hee.

Other than all of that, you are spot on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 pm 

Lovie Smith all of a sudden doesn't seem so bad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:

Watched Illinois game for 15 minutes Saturday.

He seems awful

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 pm 

More of an NFL guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Watched Illinois game for 15 minutes Saturday.

He seems awful

These are some lean years down in Champaign.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 pm 

The 20th and 21st centuries have been somewhat below expectations

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Toub, Smith, Vrabel

I meant Mike Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

He hasn't developed a QB at Michigan. And Luck was going to be a star with or without Harbaugh. Smith was developed more by And Reid then by Harbaugh. And no one thinks enough of Kaep to sign him. Josh Johnson...tee hee hee.

You laugh at Josh Johnson but only know him because of Harbaugh. Him being drafted in the NFL is a very strong testament to Harbaugh, unless you are ready to name all the other University of San Diego QBs produced after him.

Teams, including SF, thought enough of Kaep when Harbaugh was his coach to sign him to a huge contract. After Harbaugh left, Kaep suddenly couldn't play.

Smith most definitely saw a rejuvenation of his otherwise floundering career when Harbaugh became his coach. His years under Harbaugh allowed KC to feel comfortable in signing him to a nice deal.

If Luck was going to be a star and his former NFL QB dad considered Harbaugh to be the best teacher during his college years, that is only further support of Harbaugh.

This really isn't even a debatable point, although I suspect we will.

Last edited by good dolphin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
RFDC wrote:
I have always been intrigued by Toub and would like to see him get a shot somewhere. My concern would be is he the guy that can develop Tribusky?

Familiar with how the inbred Bears org works. Gotta think that's a huge positive for the decision-makers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Gotta be Harbauw right?

No.

Smith most definitely saw a rejuvenation of his otherwise floundering career when Harbaugh became his coach. His years under Harbaugh allowed KC to feel comfortable in signing him to a nice deal.

No, no, no. Harbaugh rescued Smith to the point that KC dealt two 2nd round picks for him.

If all coaches were on the table, other than Belicheck, Harbaugh is the next guy in line. Harbaugh's got unfinished business in the NFL, some team is going to give him the keys to the organization and be glad that they did.

It might as well be the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Smith's stats are FAR better under Reid like I said. Just check.

Josh Johnson is another guy who was talented, but never panned out. So we heard of him. Most fans have forgotten him.

Kaepernick was good for a year. Then the NFL forced him to pass out of the pistol formation and not so much after that.

And Please name that QB that Harbaugh has developed at Michigan. It has cost him a trip to the championship series last year, and this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Josh wouldn't take it if it was offered.

The DC in Carolina. Lovie 2.0.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Smith's stats are FAR better under Reid like I said. Just check.

Josh Johnson is another guy who was talented, but never panned out. So we heard of him. Most fans have forgotten him.

Kaepernick was good for a year. Then the NFL forced him to pass out of the pistol formation and not so much after that.

And Please name that QB that Harbaugh has developed at Michigan. It has cost him a trip to the championship series last year, and this year.

There are exactly two players in the entire history of University of San Diego football to have played in the NFL and only one skill position player. His presence in the NFL at all (let alone for a five year career) is exceptional. I don't attribute it to coincidence.

Jim Harbaugh coached the 49ers from 2011-14. Kaepernick's two best years as a pro were in 2013 and 14. He had a sudden regression as a player beginning in 2015...the year Harbaugh was no longer his coach.

Andy Reid is an exceptional offensive mind but that is not what we are discussing. Alex Smith was on his last legs in football after 2010. In 2011 he threw for the most yards in a year up to that date despite lowering his pass attempts per game from the previous two years by between 4-6 attempts. His QB rating under Harbaugh in 2011 was 90.7 and 104.1 in 2012 after being no higher than 82.1 (and frequently much lower) in his career. His interception percentages during those two years were career lows up to that point as well. These dramatic increases all occurred immediately upon Harbaugh becoming coach.

Jim Harbaugh is in his third year at Michigan. His first big QB recruit is redshirt freshman Brandon Peters who has supplanted two fifth year seniors by the 8th game of this season. He has since started three games, won all three, thrown 4 TD to 0 INT and has a 149.6 QB Rating. He may not be "developed" but I would say he is developing.

It is just coincidence that all these have occurred with Harbaugh as coach.

We didn't even discuss his nurturing the #1 pick in the NFL draft in Andrew Luck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Kaepernick was a one sytem QB which the NFL figured out rather quickly. His inability to perform after Harbaugh left is an indictment of his prior development deficiencies.

Alex Smith has done so much better under the tutelage of Reid than he did under Harbaugh. Who thought so much of him, that he benched and then traded him.

There have been a few more pros in the NFL from Abilene Christian, then from San Diego. Not a good reason to tout their head coach as a future NFL head man.

So we can reconvene when Brandon Peters works out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm 

Smith's QB rating went up 8 points in Harbaugh's first year, then another 14 points in his second.

Traded from Harbaugh to Reid, it drops 15 points the first year and then went up 4, up 2, down 4.

If he maintains the pace he's on (iffy), it will have taken Andy Reid 6 years to get him back to Harbaugh level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next