It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:
[And other than White (and Langford) none of these guys look particularly hopeless.

Grassu is probably one of the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. Tough to kick off a rebuild when you piss away your 3rd and 4th round pick back to back.

OH NO THE BACKUP CENTER SUCKS FIRE PACE FIRE PACE FIRE PACE

never mind the starting center, drafted by Pace, is already one of the NFL's best

In regards to Cody Whitehair how are you measuring the best centers?

I don't think Whitehair is one of the worst like PFF says, but he's taking a huge step back this year. I think he's best suited at guard or right tackle. But to say he's one of the best centers, is laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 am 

Also in regards to Grasu..when you draft a center in the 3rd round, I think the expectation is "solid starter". You can find a backup center-guard on the waiver wire.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't think one or two players makes that big a difference. Unless it is an All Pro QB. I think you need capable players all over the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:57 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I don't think one or two players makes that big a difference. Unless it is an All Pro QB. I think you need capable players all over the field.

We are also sitting on 8 million of capspace this year...could be 20+ million if he opted for a Hoyer like QB instead of Glennon. Plenty of $$$ to bring in talent via FA as well. This devoid of talent is on Pace.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am 

I do laugh at Frank's argument though....Aww shucks GMing is hard

Such low expectations for this fanbase.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:

Please quote where I said or insinuated this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm tired of hearing about Alshon Jeffery. This was a guy who did not want to be a Bear, and could barely stay on the field when he was a Bear.

Yeah no shit . People really think he’d be playing a. hard b. at all if he were still here? He’d be dogging it or out of the lineup “hurt” rather than get his ass on the field for this shitshow

At some point the wheels will fall off in Philly. Maybe for a half season or less, but I bet that Alshon will start making noise about leaving. He is whiny, entitled, and a front runner.

He only signed for a year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'd take 7 games of Alshon over 16 games of Kendall Wright and whoever else is out there.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
KDdidit wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm tired of hearing about Alshon Jeffery. This was a guy who did not want to be a Bear, and could barely stay on the field when he was a Bear.

Yeah no shit . People really think he’d be playing a. hard b. at all if he were still here? He’d be dogging it or out of the lineup “hurt” rather than get his ass on the field for this shitshow

At some point the wheels will fall off in Philly. Maybe for a half season or less, but I bet that Alshon will start making noise about leaving. He is whiny, entitled, and a front runner.

He only signed for a year.

Shit, I totally forgot it was a year deal. I thought it had options for more based on performance.

Well replace Philly with "Free Agency singing team" and I stand by my point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:12 pm 

It was always rumored he wanted to play where it was warm, makes sense why he only signed in Philly for a year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:
So you let him walk. It sucks, but it happens.

Spin it anyway you want but he let an asset(one he had control over as the franchise tag was an option) walk out the door for nothing in return.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

We are also sitting on 8 million of capspace this year...could be 20+ million if he opted for a Hoyer like QB instead of Glennon. Plenty of $$$ to bring in talent via FA as well. This devoid of talent is on Pace.

Pace should be fired alone just for spending that much money on Glennon. His "plan" made no sense. Lets pay top dollar for a stopgap QB and then trade up ONE spot in the draft when they were already guaranteed to pick one of the two top QB's in the draft.

The K.White pick is inexcusable. He has zero skills that would make you think he could be an average WR. Forget about him ever being a star WR. This has to be the worse Bears draft pick in recent memory. That is not an easy thing to accomplish.

T.Cohen, Are we really excited about him drafting a one trick pony? Cohen is topping on a cake. The Bears don't have a cake yet. They don't even have the correct ingredients for a cake. They have 1 cup of Howard, mixed with 12ounces of Trubiski, 2cups of Hicks. Mix all that together and you get a recipe for salad with cream cheese. Shame, shame to the Bears for trying to serve that shit salad to the city of Chicago! #FIRE PACE ..... DILLY DILLY!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:

Spin it anyway you want but he let an asset(one he had control over as the franchise tag was an option) walk out the door for nothing in return.
The guy did not want to play in Chicago, Bob. What do you not understand about that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:

The guy did not want to play in Chicago, Bob. What do you not understand about that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Lots of crap on this board that has little to do with Chicago fandom.

Here is a thread that deals with Chicago fandom, and you show up to post nothing of consequence.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:56 am 

KDdidit wrote:
It was always rumored he wanted to play where it was warm, makes sense why he only signed in Philly for a year.

Never mind, signed for 4 more with $27 million guaranteed in Philly. Must like Wentz.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:07 am 

KDdidit wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Never mind, signed for 4 more with $27 million guaranteed in Philly. Must like Wentz.

Isn't his position coach an old coach of his? And if I remember his narrative, he has longer term friendships with guys there.

Of course he claimed not to like the cold and living here (Lake Co.?), so who knows or really cares with him & his injury history.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:18 pm 

Maybe he just likes playing in a winning environment? It would be nice if our frat-boy burrito GM from EIU could foster a fun/winning environment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's great to see someone sees things the same way I do. This team is devoid of talent.

You're not the only one that's been pointing this out here. Myself and a few others bring it up as well. Pace has only a couple of quality picks so far to go along with 0 day 1 game changing franchise type guys.

I'll also add that I think coaching up from a veteran coaching staff combined with being on a terrible team in the 1st place might make some of these guys look better than they actually are. Which kind of scares me in terms of firing the current staff. But, I am also in agreeance with a change needing to be made. But I also feel the change has to be made from the top down as well, not just coaches. The current coaching staff alone isn't to blame for this disaster -this has been a total disaster since the last couple of Lovie Smith years truth being told.

When you add everything up in total, Pace comes across as a guy that doesn't really have a plan -coming to a team that needs to be completely rebuilt and making a WR his 1st pick, getting talked into signing on a mid level defensive player that's a known problem off the field, over-paying for a QB in free agency who actually had film on him that wasn't good, then turning around and trading away draft picks you can't afford to lose when trying to rebuild a team only to move up 1 spot and grab 'the QB of the future'.

And of course, starting the rebuild itself in his 3rd season when the team needed to be rebuilt the day he showed up here 3 years ago. Its literally why the job was available in the 1st place.

Lets face it, either Pace is pretty incompetent, or he's handcuffed and being told what to do on a good amount of his decisions by other people that don't know what they're doing. In any event, its a total clusterfuck at this point that needs complete retooling.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's great to see someone sees things the same way I do. This team is devoid of talent.

You're not the only one that's been pointing this out here. Myself and a few others bring it up as well. Pace has only a couple of quality picks so far to go along with 0 day 1 game changing franchise type guys.

I'll also add that I think coaching up from a veteran coaching staff combined with being on a terrible team in the 1st place might make some of these guys look better than they actually are. Which kind of scares me in terms of firing the current staff. But, I am also in agreeance with a change needing to be made. But I also feel the change has to be made from the top down as well, not just coaches. The current coaching staff alone isn't to blame for this disaster -this has been a total disaster since the last couple of Lovie Smith years truth being told.

When you add everything up in total, Pace comes across as a guy that doesn't really have a plan -coming to a team that needs to be completely rebuilt and making a WR his 1st pick, getting talked into signing on a mid level defensive player that's a known problem off the field, over-paying for a QB in free agency who actually had film on him that wasn't good, then turning around and trading away draft picks you can't afford to lose when trying to rebuild a team only to move up 1 spot and grab 'the QB of the future'.

And of course, starting the rebuild itself in his 3rd season when the team needed to be rebuilt the day he showed up here 3 years ago. Its literally why the job was available in the 1st place.

Lets face it, either Pace is pretty incompetent, or he's handcuffed and being told what to do on a good amount of his decisions by other people that don't know what they're doing. In any event, its a total clusterfuck at this point that needs complete retooling.

They weren't a disaster during Lovie's last years. He was fired after a 10-6 year. They had loads of talent under Trestman but Trestman didn't command enough respect in the locker room and they failed to sustain Lovie's principles on defense. That's when the disaster started.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
veganfan21 wrote:
They weren't a disaster during Lovie's last years. He was fired after a 10-6 year. They had loads of talent under Trestman but Trestman didn't command enough respect in the locker room and they failed to sustain Lovie's principles on defense. That's when the disaster started.

I should have worded that better to include Angelo as well. No, the terrible drafting that left this team devoid of future talent started under Angelo -his last couple of years. The talent Smith had at the end was due to a combination of older aging players that were drafted a while back and some recent free agent signings that weren't drafted by the team. In any event, while the record wasn't terrible, the talent level of the team was at the beginning of heading that way. And thats what I meant, it started there. It wasn't full blown empty cupboard yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If you move out talent, you have to replace it. I'm not sure why people don't understand this?
He didn't "move out" Alshon. As I stated, Alshon did not want to play for the Chicago Bears. So you let him walk. It sucks, but it happens.

t.

And then you replace him with an equally talented #1 or at least #2 caliber WR. Not sure why this is so hard to understand for you?

Well, one thing people seem to forget is that players are not required to pick a team they dont want to play for. They can choose where they want to go unless they get drafted. So I do believe Pace TRIED to bring in a WR which he did, but they chose not to come here. Would you if you had other choices? Girraf boy throwing and named the starter? History of WR and QB's in Chicago? lack of any real tactical or strategic planning on offense?

tired of people saying he did nto replace the WR, but he tried. No one wanted to come here. He did not feel a new WR was needed in the draft at the top, especially when you dont have a QB so Qb was first. I will be floored if a WR is not picked 1 or 2 next year. I expect a trade down as well to get more picks.

Alshon was not good here, and isnt all that in Philly either. he isnt playing like a #1 WR still in my opinion. Alshon was also not moved out - he chose to leave and gamble on a 1 year contract. With him being injured so much and lacking the effort i saw in games - I dont mind him being gone and Pace did try to replace him but again - players get to choose where they go in free Agency - there is no requirement for each team to get so many top tier Free Agents - whoever thinks that is silly and money isnt always the #1 driver of those decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Players have a choice to come to a team or not. There is nothing demanding them to be forced to come to a bad QB team with bad coaches and Management that historically never makes good decisions for the football team and only based on financials and appearance.

Example: If you could make 5 mil per year at Chicago playing for fox versus 3.5 mil per year playing for belichek....

Would you take 1.5 mil less to go to Pats?

I would...

Or, if you had a choice to play for a up and coming Qb and catch his throws in his second year versus catching passes from Girraf who has known and displayed complete suckness in Tampa....

I would be on Wentz or Goff or any other QB you want to put there....

players can CHOOSE not to come to Chicago.

Go back to Mohammeds (SP?) comment from years past that still exists today - Chicago is where Wide Receivers go to die,.

and QB's...just look at our long history of recycled QB's

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am 

Myrradah wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Players have a choice to come to a team or not. There is nothing demanding them to be forced to come to a bad QB team with bad coaches and Management that historically never makes good decisions for the football team and only based on financials and appearance.

Example: If you could make 5 mil per year at Chicago playing for fox versus 3.5 mil per year playing for belichek....

I would...

Or, if you had a choice to play for a up and coming Qb and catch his throws in his second year versus catching passes from Girraf who has known and displayed complete suckness in Tampa....

Go back to Mohammeds (SP?) comment from years past that still exists today - Chicago is where Wide Receivers go to die,.

Please get your tongue out of Ryan Pace's asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:
Maybe he just likes playing in a winning environment? It would be nice if our frat-boy burrito GM from EIU could foster a fun/winning environment.

He kinda looks like (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:
Myrradah wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I would...

Uhhhhh.......

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:01 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Myrradah wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I would...

Uhhhhh.......

Its ok, he is just frustrated and annoyed that reality struck him upside his poindexter looking head.

Never said i liked Pace - just stated an obvious fact that most people dont seem to consider.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Wow. Myrradah knocked Bob out

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Rozner and Joe O spent the entire first hour of their show this morning ripping Pace a new asshole, and ripping all the media who want Fox gone because he's mean to them but want to give Pace more time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:26 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Rozner and Joe O spent the entire first hour of their show this morning ripping Pace a new asshole, and ripping all the media who want Fox gone because he's mean to them but want to give Pace more time.

Please let Jason have a day off this week to see if the first guy off the bench will revive the discussion with fots.