It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Have to agree. This isn't baseball..rebuilds shouldn't take 3-4 years in the NFL.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20171 ... -direction

Quote:
That's hard to do in an NFL where the line between good and bad is a handful of playmakers.

After three years of building a team, where are the Pace playmakers?

They were hard to find Sunday, though on the other side was Alshon Jeffery, who left Chicago for Philadelphia in March, and he had to be chuckling quietly at his former team and its dearth of targets.

Adding insult to back story, Jeffery got to the Bears' defense for 5 catches, 52 yards and a touchdown, 3 of those grabs for first downs, twice on third down.

The Eagles piled up 420 yards and it could have been much worse had Philadelphia displayed any interest in playing the second half.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
the coaches have talented guys who can make big plays but they refuse to use them in a way that makes sense. The misuse of Cohen is baffling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:26 am 

America wrote:
the coaches have talented guys who can make big plays but they refuse to use them in a way that makes sense. The misuse of Cohen is baffling.

Who?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'm tired of hearing about Alshon Jeffery. This was a guy who did not want to be a Bear, and could barely stay on the field when he was a Bear.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm tired of hearing about Alshon Jeffery. This was a guy who did not want to be a Bear, and could barely stay on the field when he was a Bear.

Ok, but if you are to let Jeffrey go, you have to replace him. Pace didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 am 

It's great to see someone sees things the same way I do. This team is devoid of talent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Have to agree. This isn't baseball..rebuilds shouldn't take 3-4 years in the NFL.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20171 ... -direction

Quote:
That's hard to do in an NFL where the line between good and bad is a handful of playmakers.

After three years of building a team, where are the Pace playmakers?

They were hard to find Sunday, though on the other side was Alshon Jeffery, who left Chicago for Philadelphia in March, and he had to be chuckling quietly at his former team and its dearth of targets.

Adding insult to back story, Jeffery got to the Bears' defense for 5 catches, 52 yards and a touchdown, 3 of those grabs for first downs, twice on third down.

The Eagles piled up 420 yards and it could have been much worse had Philadelphia displayed any interest in playing the second half.

When switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 it kinda does.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
While Pace has made some good individual draft picks, it doesn't appear that he knows how to build a team.

Looks like it's time for him to go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:34 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

Who?

Cohen and Howard on offense.
They have more than a few guys who make big plays on defense but are out of position so often they cant get anywhere near the ball. Jackson, Hicks, Floyd (rip) are all clearly capable but Fangio has no clue what he's doing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am 

Why are we giving so much credit for finding a quality running back? It's the easiest position in the league to find good guys at.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah no shit . People really think he’d be playing a. hard b. at all if he were still here? He’d be dogging it or out of the lineup “hurt” rather than get his ass on the field for this shitshow

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am 

America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

Who?

Cohen and Howard on offense.
They have more than a few guys who make big plays on defense but are out of position so often they cant get anywhere near the ball. Jackson, Hicks, Floyd (rip) are all clearly capable but Fangio has no clue what he's doing.

In terms of skill position players to stretch the field, Pace has returned this team to the Angelo era, possibly even worse.

Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett..they had to go, fine. I understand. But those were talented players on offense and he jettisoned them out without replacement. Then he doubled down on his Kevin White mistake by thinking he could replace Jeffrey. Blind to the fact that even if White might actually stayed healthy, he's a fraction of the guy that came out of college. Speed is gone. He has fielded probably the worst batch of WR's and TE's in the NFL. The 2015 draft is a total loss outside of Goldman.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah no shit . People really think he’d be playing a. hard b. at all if he were still here? He’d be dogging it or out of the lineup “hurt” rather than get his ass on the field for this shitshow

If you move out talent, you have to replace it. I'm not sure why people don't understand this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
I would have no problem if Pace got the axe but would they need a search firm to find a replacement??

They need a modern day Jim Finks to run the whole show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am 

I expect Pace to go hard for Sammy Watkins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

At some point the wheels will fall off in Philly. Maybe for a half season or less, but I bet that Alshon will start making noise about leaving. He is whiny, entitled, and a front runner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 am 

Davonte Adams should be the #1 target this offseason...he's shown he's legit even with Rogers out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If you move out talent, you have to replace it. I'm not sure why people don't understand this?

well he's tried.

White for Marshall
Howard/Langford for Forte
Meredith for Jeffery
Shaheen for Bennett

its just not that easy. And other than White (and Langford) none of these guys look particularly hopeless. It takes time. Look at Bennett, he barely did anything his first four years in the league. Expecting rookies and second year players to just take over games is ridiculous. For some reason this thought that "if you can hack it you'll know right away" has infested people's minds when it comes to the NFL. People give maybe 8 games before writing guys off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:44 am 

they will sign two receivers and draft a third. Watkins, Pryor and 2nd round pick would be a good guess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 am 

Would Tyrod Taylor help the Bears?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I shouldnt be the one to tell you the Bears drafted a quarterback #2 overall this year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He didn't "move out" Alshon. As I stated, Alshon did not want to play for the Chicago Bears. So you let him walk. It sucks, but it happens.

There are MANY other things to dog Ryan Pace and the Bears upper management about. Letting Alshon Jeffrey go is about 215th on the list.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 am 

America wrote:
[And other than White (and Langford) none of these guys look particularly hopeless.

Grassu is probably one of the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. Tough to kick off a rebuild when you piss away your 3rd and 4th round pick back to back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 am 

America wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I shouldnt be the one to tell you the Bears drafted a quarterback #2 overall this year.

I haven't forgot about Mitch but he isn't ready for prime time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:
[And other than White (and Langford) none of these guys look particularly hopeless.

Grassu is probably one of the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. Tough to kick off a rebuild when you piss away your 3rd and 4th round pick back to back.

OH NO THE BACKUP CENTER SUCKS FIRE PACE FIRE PACE FIRE PACE

never mind the starting center, drafted by Pace, is already one of the NFL's best

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He didn't "move out" Alshon. As I stated, Alshon did not want to play for the Chicago Bears. So you let him walk. It sucks, but it happens.

t.

And then you replace him with an equally talented #1 or at least #2 caliber WR. Not sure why this is so hard to understand for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:51 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
America wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I haven't forgot about Mitch but he isn't ready for prime time.

It is obvious they are going to stick with him for at least another season after this one.

America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

never mind the starting center, drafted by Pace, is already one of the NFL's best

PFF has Whitehair ranked as one of the worst starting centers in football this year.

America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

In regards to Cody Whitehair how are you measuring the best centers?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

PFF has Whitehair ranked as one of the worst starting centers in football this year.

I'm not paying $10 a month for internet argument ammo