It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Loud. Voices.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I am sure yesterday was just a terrific experience all around. Correct gd?

Yes it was. I had a great day. I left the house a t 9:15 and headed over to Bari for sandwiches/D'amatos for sweets (as at least another 10 Bears fans were doing as well). They took a little long with the sandwiches and the boys were wrestling in the aisles, so my anxiety was starting to shoot up. I got out of there by 10. I was in the parking lot and set up for tailgating by 10:15. That was certainly a frustrating 15 minutes getting from Ogden and the Expressway to the parking lot, but I persevered. We ate and threw the ball around until 11 then walked over to the stadium where I walked in at a regular gate with nothing stopping me but the metal detector. I was in my seat 25 minutes before kickoff with enough time to let everyone take a squirt where, again, there were zero lines. At the end of the game I left the South lot and was at the ULC within 20 minutes where I met my oldest boy who had been at a model UN meet all weekend downtown. I watched a December game in a t shirt and now I have some nice color to my face.

It's funny you should write that as I was just thinking to myself what an absolutely spectacular day I had. If that were my last day on earth I would die a happy man.

But as a White Sox fan, you have years and years of training when it comes to watching a shit show team. So it comes easy to you.

Post subject: Re: Loud. Voices.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
Is AMUN still in Chicago? I was head of the Poland delegation one year, we were part of a bloc that tried to draft a resolution to give every country nuclear weapons. Lots of fun, even if UIC kids always try to ruin it acting like they are all a bunch of hardcore urban gang members who cant be seen associating with rural schools.

This is high school. I'm not sure who ran this one. As a reminder of the state of society, someone called in a threat to shoot up the social on Saturday evening which put the place on lockdown and sent a rash of e-mails to me while I was out at a Christmas party. I assume it was a high school kid being stupid if not, that is some next level sickness threatening to kill hundreds of high school kids.

I never did it in high school but the university one was great. A lot of fun, and people would really get into role playing their countries it was good.

I'm sure it's gone downhill but still worth looking at.