It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Loud. Voices.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Bernsie said... again... that there were loud voices in the locker room.

I know this is just one of those things he just says.
But what if there were loud voices?
What would they say?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject: Re: Loud. Voices.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:

What would they say?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

But you're right. This is just one of those things Bernstein just says. It's a safe thing to lie about. Which is the key to Bernstein's bullshit reports.

It is funny that his lies are often "Loud voices in the room".

Bernstein: I"m told that there were loud voices in the room.

He's said this about the Bears about 10 times.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:44 pm 

Darkside wrote:

What would they say?

The loud voices had to referring to the (anticipated) no shows and diminishing revenues to the 16(?) McCaskey familes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I think someone is pissed about the kettle cooked potato chips in the machine. I'd prefer jalapeno. All they have is bbq. Even salt and vinegar would be nice

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

What would they say?

The loud voices had to referring to the (anticipated) no shows and diminishing revenues to the 16(?) McCaskey familes.

The "no shows" are bad. I get that. But those are tickets sold. Bears have been sold out with season ticket holders for 40+ years. Ok. So they lose some beer and food money from the no shows. It's a spit in the bucket when you consider the TV money that all NFL teams split.

Now, if they lose season ticket holders, which I think is coming, then they'll be really pissed. Voices will get louder.

Bears have a long waiting list of season ticket holders. But the Club seat people are gonna drop and nobody wants those expensive PSL seasts. I don't think the people on that list want them anymore. So when season ticket holders drop, they won't get picked up. Not for shit Bears teams.

Like everybody has said, going to games isn't what it once was. With fantasy and red zone, it's more fun to watch it at home.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
After 15 years, I dropped my non-PSL seats this year. I had just two seats, but the Bears did call me to find out why I was leaving. I think the “waiting list” is getting thin, and they are indeed concerned about season ticket holders leaving.

There is a “PSL” marketplace wherein PSL holders can sell their PSLs at market price. Anyone have a clue as to what has been happenening to those prices?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I like thinking of how the McCaskeys must squirm when the season ticketholders no-show and let the tickets trickle down to people who don't live on the North Shore, are decidedly not in the market for Cadillacs, and aren't setting up private banking with PNC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 pm 

It is still strange to see commercials for Bears (& now Notre Dame) tickets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Heisenberg wrote:
After 15 years, I dropped my non-PSL seats this year. I had just two seats, but the Bears did call me to find out why I was leaving. I think the “waiting list” is getting thin, and they are indeed concerned about season ticket holders leaving.

There is a “PSL” marketplace wherein PSL holders can sell their PSLs at market price. Anyone have a clue as to what has been happenening to those prices?

they publish sales data on PSL transactions in a spreadsheet format, i dont have the link but its there as i've considered what my seats are worth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Beardown wrote:
Bears have a long waiting list of season ticket holders. But the Club seat people are gonna drop and nobody wants those expensive PSL seasts. I don't think the people on that list want them anymore. So when season ticket holders drop, they won't get picked up. Not for shit Bears teams.

Like everybody has said, going to games isn't what it once was. With fantasy and red zone, it's more fun to watch it at home.

If you are selling tickets for $300 a piece, you want season tickets for 2 people, you are looking at a $6,000 investment vs let me buy an awesome TV and sound system for $4,000 one time (not yearly) and it is a pretty easy decision. And I can use that same TV and sound system for hockey and baseball. And hanging out in Chatzy is like being at the game anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

they publish sales data on PSL transactions in a spreadsheet format, i dont have the link but its there as i've considered what my seats are worth

Thanks, I found the site. https://bears.seasonticketrights.com/Pe ... -Data.aspx

Without doing any statistical analysis, it looks like prices are holding pretty steady. Bit of a surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Heisenberg wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Thanks, I found the site. https://bears.seasonticketrights.com/Pe ... -Data.aspx

Without doing any statistical analysis, it looks like prices are holding pretty steady. Bit of a surprise.

This sales data is updated as of April 30, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 pm 

newper wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Oops, my bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:06 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

Rotten fish stinks up Halas Hall — as if Bears don't have enough problems

The smell of spoiled fish permeated Halas Hall after the long holiday weekend that included Sunday’s 31-3 road loss to the Eagles and a three-hour delay of the Bears’ flight home.

No wonder “frustration” was a buzzword as the team tried to reset from its fourth consecutive loss

To recap: The Bears endured their most lopsided defeat of the season and were hardly competitive in falling to 3-8. The Eagles, owners of the NFL’s best record, dominated, danced and mugged for cameras as the Bears were helpless to stop it.

Then their departure was delayed by a computer malfunction on their airplane.

And — from the you-can’t-make-this-stuff-up file — when Halas Hall opened for business Monday, there was the strong, unmistakable smell of rotten fish. It lingered into the late afternoon.

Coach John Fox indicated the source of the stench was spoiled sushi that was served late last week. Quite apparently, it was not disposed of sufficiently while Halas Hall was quiet over the Thanksgiving holiday.

As if the Bears needed more inconveniences. They have enough problems on the field.

Player management is one of Fox’s greatest strengths, and that will be tested over the final five weeks of a season that is off course.

Fox senses a pivot point ahead of Sunday’s home game against the 1-10 49ers. Fans who have run out of patience with the franchise will scoff at that. But Fox is still in charge of guiding the team after Sunday’s humiliation.

Such a dispiriting situation can include tense moments. On Monday afternoon in a hallway outside the Halas Hall media room, reporters overheard shouting among multiple players, including one player yelling an obscenity more than once.

Drawing conclusions about that incident without all of the information demands extreme caution. In general, though, frustrations among a prideful group of players are common when losses mount.

When running back Benny Cunningham was asked Monday what happened in the hallway, he said he was unaware.

“I most definitely feel like you can feel the frustration within the team, but that’s natural as a competitor,” he said. “Wins and losses is what it boils down to at the end of the year, and (when) you don’t get the wins you want, or you lose tight games, just naturally being a competitor, it’s going to hurt. You’re going to get sad and you’re going to be emotional because you put so much into this game.”

With the Bears having fallen to 3-8, the upcoming schedule at least includes a few relatively favorable matchups that could put a dollop of whipped cream on an otherwise unpalatable record.

The Bears are favored by 3½ points over the 49ers, just the second time all season they aren't underdogs.

Fox’s message to the team Monday centered on the crossroad in front of them with five games to go. Plus, if losing to the NFL’s best team is bad, imagine the vitriol in Chicago if they don’t beat the 49ers.

“There’s two numbers: There’s 3-13 and there’s 8-8,” Fox said. “That all starts on Wednesday when we start preparing.”

Perhaps the week can only go up from here.

rcampbell@chicagotribune.com

Twitter @Rich_Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Heisenberg wrote:

What did you tell them? Momma needs to die?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I like thinking of how the McCaskeys must squirm when the season ticketholders no-show and let the tickets trickle down to people who don't live on the North Shore, are decidedly not in the market for Cadillacs, and aren't setting up private banking with PNC.

Christmas Eve is going to be a rogue's gallery of people who received tickets from their boss as a Christmas present who then passed it down to some ne'er do well relative who they didn't want at Christmas Eve dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Heisenberg wrote:
newper wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Oops, my bad.

download the spreadsheet, there is data from may 2017 in there, typo on website

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 am 

newper wrote:
Beardown wrote:

If you are selling tickets for $300 a piece, you want season tickets for 2 people, you are looking at a $6,000 investment vs let me buy an awesome TV and sound system for $4,000 one time (not yearly) and it is a pretty easy decision. And I can use that same TV and sound system for hockey and baseball. And hanging out in Chatzy is like being at the game anyway.

If you have ever been to the seats in the club section, there is no way you agree with the statement "it is better to watch at home." I don't agree with it even when I sit in my more plebian seats but understand it is a matter of personal opinion.

If you are throwing down 6K+, you probably have the seats AND that awesome TV. I doubt there are people out there for whom it is an either/or decision.

Going to Bears games is a great event, even when they suck. People have been throwing down big money for the Bulls and they have been mediocre/bad for decades. That's because it is a good time and there is status to the event. The same is true for the Bears.

We usually give tickets to our most valued clients at the beginning of the season. The clients treat it like you gave them gold. I have other tickets that I split with family. I can sell tickets to premium games (Packers, Sept/Oct dates, playoff teams, East Coast teams) at the beginning of the year for a multiple of face value...every single year. I am happy to go to the less popular games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I've been to more Browns games and more Packers games than Bears games. Everything about the Bears game day experience seems inconvenient as hell.

For myself, 1 NFL game in-person a season tops is the perfect amount.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:52 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
I've been to more Browns games and more Packers games than Bears games. Everything about the Bears game day experience seems inconvenient as hell.

Inconvenient in the sense that everything beyond flopping down on a couch is inconvenient?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
newper wrote:
Beardown wrote:

If you have ever been to the seats in the club section, there is no way you agree with the statement "it is better to watch at home." I don't agree with it even when I sit in my more plebian seats but understand it is a matter of personal opinion.

If you are throwing down 6K+, you probably have the seats AND that awesome TV. I doubt there are people out there for whom it is an either/or decision.

Going to Bears games is a great event, even when they suck. People have been throwing down big money for the Bulls and they have been mediocre/bad for decades. That's because it is a good time and there is status to the event. The same is true for the Bears.

We usually give tickets to our most valued clients at the beginning of the season. The clients treat it like you gave them gold. I have other tickets that I split with family. I can sell tickets to premium games (Packers, Sept/Oct dates, playoff teams, East Coast teams) at the beginning of the year for a multiple of face value...every single year. I am happy to go to the less popular games.

True fans boycott a shit product.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
newper wrote:
Beardown wrote:

True fans boycott a shit product.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Inconvenient in the sense that everything beyond flopping down on a couch is inconvenient?

When I attend a football game I consider the whole day as booked. The tailgate is as, if not more, important than the game itself. Tailgating for Browns games especially has been an incredibly fun experience. The lots are enormous, entrance is affordable and exiting post game is painless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Almost everything gd mentions has little or nothing to do with the product on the field. Part of the your "event" is getting into and out of a downtown area with a very limited availability of affordable parking.

I have spent a good chunk of my last two Sundays raking leaves, putting up Christmas lights, and visiting family. At this point, all of those 'events' are infinitely better than watching a Bears game in person or on TV.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am 

Cashman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

What did you tell them? Momma needs to die?

It was about a 15 minute conversation, and I broke it down into two major categories: 1. The product on the field. 2. My lifestyle changes.

I told them the team was bad, and didn't look to be getting better anytime soon (this is pre-draft, you pay in February/March for season tickets). I stated that I could buy seats cheaper on the secondary market, without the commitment of a full season, which also includes the two worthless pre-season games.

Lifestyle wise, I'm not willing to spend an entire Sunday on the Bears any more. I live in the burbs, and even without tailgating, it's a 9 AM to 6 PM commitment. I have three kids, and would take each to a game. It had grown into a $350 day with tickets, parking, food, etc. My girls would rather I take them to the mall and drop the $350 there. For my son, I'll take him to a game by buying on the secondary market, which provides greater flexibility. Even if I choose an "expensive" game, it's still better than buying a full season plus preseason, as I'm not stuck with bad games (e.g., tickets this weekend are $49 on Stubhub, the Cleveland game is $28).

To me, the real value of the season tickets is access to playoff tickets, but that hasn't happened in quite a while, as we all know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Almost everything gd mentions has little or nothing to do with the product on the field. Part of the your "event" is getting into and out of a downtown area with a very limited availability of affordable parking.

I have spent a good chunk of my last two Sundays raking leaves, putting up Christmas lights, and visiting family. At this point, all of those 'events' are infinitely better than watching a Bears game in person or on TV.

Not to belittle my other fandom but you attend white sox games on summer days and evenings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

When I attend a football game I consider the whole day as booked. The tailgate is as, if not more, important than the game itself. Tailgating for Browns games especially has been an incredibly fun experience. The lots are enormous, entrance is affordable and exiting post game is painless.

What is different about attending a Bears game, other than cost?

Get to the tailgate at 10 am and you experience close to zero traffic and have a great time. Leave the tailgate by 11:15 and you have almost no line to get in. Walk back and tailgate for thirty minutes and there is little traffic.

You can take public transportation (bus) right up to the gate from far flung suburbs or the El within short walking distance from the city if parking cost is an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You make it sound like that is a bad thing. They are two completely different events.

Even a bad Sox team can still play a good game, and thus entertain the fans. Getting to and from Sox games is much easier in a car or by using public transit. Parking is much more readily available and more affordable, so tailgating needs virtually no pre-planning or passes like a Bears game does. Finally, the entire experience from ticket & concession prices, to the weather, to restroom lines are (generally) far more convenient at Sox games than Bears.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.