It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Loud. Voices.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I believe you can park on the other side of the railroad at Soldier for $20 and is as close as walking over a bridge. But price isn't convenience.

I got free tickets to a game about a month ago at the last minute (like 9 AM the morning of the game). I didn't have a parking pass, so I was pretty much had to hunt for parking somewhere west of the stadium on the other side of the tracks. All the lots I saw between State St and Lake Shore Dr. were a minimum of $30, and the lots that allowed tailgating were even more (about $50-$60).

Getting into the stadium is also a complete joke regardless of any time you are arriving. You would think they could have alleviated the entry and exit issues when they remodeled the place, but I think it's even worse now.

We had club seats, like 4th row on the 40ish Yard Line. The seats are incredible for a football game, but football is still by far the worst sport to see in person. No matter where you sit, at least 50% of the action is going to be at a terrible view.

Did you enter at the stadium club gate? It is a limited entrance gate with easy walk up traffic. The only thing holding up access is getting through the metal detector.

Close seats in football, while more expensive, are actually less desirable because of the reduced perspective. I'd still choose to be in stadium almost every time over watching from home if time is not a factor. I went to the 10 degree Packer game last year and had a great time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I walked up to the blackout game and got a ticket
No you didn't. Maybe you picked one up at will call, but that game sold out in advance real quick.

The Christmas Eve Bears Browns game will likely have a half empty Soldier Field, and it will still be a pain ass to get in and out of.....unless you have your special, $50 season ticket holder parking pass.

Wrong.

Your assumption is that without a pass it is a difficult in and out. Once again, you can get there on three forms of public transportation. There is plenty of other parking over the tracks at $30 and probably less.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yes. I was at Opening Day a few years ago and had no problems parking at 12pm. I was at the Blackout game and had no issues parking about 90min before first pitch.

You are STILL missing the point. You are in the parking lot at 10 as long as you have your parking pass. You have to acquire said pass well before the game. If you do not have a pass, you must plan far ahead of time for parking and tailgating. Literally the only thing you have to do before driving to a Sox game is to put ice in your cooler and check the traffic report. Drive to lot, pay, park car. You cannot do this for a spur of the moment trip to a Bears game!

I walked up to the blackout game and got a ticket and I cannot remember the last time opening day didn't have tickets available.

I guess I have to concede that an empty stadium is very convenient. You got me.

The Sox on Sox crime this winter has been glorious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
No you didn't. Maybe you picked one up at will call, but that game sold out in advance real quick.

The Christmas Eve Bears Browns game will likely have a half empty Soldier Field, and it will still be a pain ass to get in and out of.....unless you have your special, $50 season ticket holder parking pass.

They release tickets on the day of sold out games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Wrong.

Your assumption is that without a pass it is a difficult in and out. Once again, you can get there on three forms of public transportation. There is plenty of other parking over the tracks at $30 and probably less.

Not sure why this hasnt been stated, but you clearly dont care much about the tailgaiting aspect and these other overgrown frat boys do. So different experiences.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
My assumption- which has been proven correct- is that you are either paying a hefty price, and/or you are walking a good ways if you show up on Gameday with no parking pass.

It's $10 to park (and tailgate if you so desire) at a Sunday Sox game with easy in-out. This. Is. Not. Possible. For. A. Sunday. Bears. Game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
My assumption- which has been proven correct- is that you are either paying a hefty price, and/or you are walking a good ways if you show up on Gameday with no parking pass.

It's $10 to park (and tailgate if you so desire) at a Sunday Sox game with easy in-out. This. Is. Not. Possible. For. A. Sunday. Bears. Game.

If only 15,000 people went to Bears games, I'm sure it would be. Except the cost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If only 15,000 people went to Bears games, I'm sure it would be. Except the cost.

Honestly, that is the truth.

Sometimes Im envious of how easy it is for Sox fans to go to ANY game at no notice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Well as long as you have your $50 Bears parking pass, its easy to get in and out of there too!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Well as long as you have your $50 Bears parking pass, its easy to get in and out of there too!

If the Sox played 8 home games a year, the parking would probably be more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

15,000? Are we talking about a playoff game here?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

but the normal parking price is $20, which you knew

$10 isn't a hefty price...neither is $30 but $10 is not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Even for $20, gd, you cannot park in a tailgate lot anywhere close to the stadium.

Its much easier for me to get to a Sox game by car than it is a Bears game. If you didn't have your $50 pass, this would be true for you as well. Its much easier and much cheaper to park at a Sox game than it is a Bears. You can't really dispute that.

Adding everything up, a Bears home game is the most expensive "event" in the NFL's regular season. https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-m ... ball-game/

With how bad the team is and how much of pain it is to get in and out of downtown on a Sunday morning, raking leaves is a far better option to spend a Sunday than driving down to Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Heisenberg wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
After 15 years, I dropped my non-PSL seats this year. I had just two seats, but the Bears did call me to find out why I was leaving. I think the “waiting list” is getting thin, and they are indeed concerned about season ticket holders leaving.

There is a “PSL” marketplace wherein PSL holders can sell their PSLs at market price. Anyone have a clue as to what has been happenening to those prices?

What did you tell them? Momma needs to die?

It was about a 15 minute conversation, and I broke it down into two major categories: 1. The product on the field. 2. My lifestyle changes.

I told them the team was bad, and didn't look to be getting better anytime soon (this is pre-draft, you pay in February/March for season tickets). I stated that I could buy seats cheaper on the secondary market, without the commitment of a full season, which also includes the two worthless pre-season games.

Lifestyle wise, I'm not willing to spend an entire Sunday on the Bears any more. I live in the burbs, and even without tailgating, it's a 9 AM to 6 PM commitment. I have three kids, and would take each to a game. It had grown into a $350 day with tickets, parking, food, etc. My girls would rather I take them to the mall and drop the $350 there. For my son, I'll take him to a game by buying on the secondary market, which provides greater flexibility. Even if I choose an "expensive" game, it's still better than buying a full season plus preseason, as I'm not stuck with bad games (e.g., tickets this weekend are $49 on Stubhub, the Cleveland game is $28).

To me, the real value of the season tickets is access to playoff tickets, but that hasn't happened in quite a while, as we all know.

You comments are exactly how I feel as a season ticket holder who cant keep buying and not using or not getting value from these tickets... i cant keep eating these tickets, the point you made about picking select games and going vs. having to buy all ten at, what is currently, an above market rate is what i am using to convince myself we can give them up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Even for $20, gd, you cannot park in a tailgate lot anywhere close to the stadium.

Its much easier for me to get to a Sox game by car than it is a Bears game. If you didn't have your $50 pass, this would be true for you as well. Its much easier and much cheaper to park at a Sox game than it is a Bears. You can't really dispute that.

Adding everything up, a Bears home game is the most expensive "event" in the NFL's regular season. https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-m ... ball-game/

With how bad the team is and how much of pain it is to get in and out of downtown on a Sunday morning, raking leaves is a far better option to spend a Sunday than driving down to Soldier Field.

You have to go up to wabash and harrison to get $20-$25 parking... so about a 15-20 min walk from stadium.

the pace soldier field express is a great deal if you are just going with one other person... $8 round trip... drops you off right at the gate (basically)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Yeah ok the talk of the difficulty of getting to a game is all well and good but that's not why we called fellas.
The problem more than anything else by far is the product.
No one wants to go because the bears blow, not because of traffic or the number of gates or restrooms.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Yea Darkside is right. If the Bears are good the shitty traffic, expensive everything and garbage weather is just part of the fun. Win games and they'll be the hottest ticket in town.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Agreed. I wasn’t complaining in 2006 when I watched Urlacher hoist the Halas trophy on the way to the Super Bowl. But that was 11 years ago, and times are different. We all make cost/ benefit choices, and for me, the cost of season tickets has outweighed the benefits. Lack of playoff games is a huge deterrent to a season ticket investment.

Now, when they’re winning, it’s more fun, and you don’t have to eat the cost of tickets when you cannot attend. When you can sell tickets for at least face value, not a problem. But look at prices for this weekend or for the Cleveland game—season ticket holders are getting killed. Winning cures everything.

One final point that I forgot to mention earlier: the multiple night games were a problem for me—can’t take the kids, and a late night no matter how you get there. The Bears were still a pretty good draw a couple of years ago, and you could get saddled with multiple night games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

I am sure yesterday was just a terrific experience all around. Correct gd?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Soldier field will be a ghost town for the Cleveland game.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I am sure yesterday was just a terrific experience all around. Correct gd?

Yes it was. I had a great day. I left the house a t 9:15 and headed over to Bari for sandwiches/D'amatos for sweets (as at least another 10 Bears fans were doing as well). They took a little long with the sandwiches and the boys were wrestling in the aisles, so my anxiety was starting to shoot up. I got out of there by 10. I was in the parking lot and set up for tailgating by 10:15. That was certainly a frustrating 15 minutes getting from Ogden and the Expressway to the parking lot, but I persevered. We ate and threw the ball around until 11 then walked over to the stadium where I walked in at a regular gate with nothing stopping me but the metal detector. I was in my seat 25 minutes before kickoff with enough time to let everyone take a squirt where, again, there were zero lines. At the end of the game I left the South lot and was at the ULC within 20 minutes where I met my oldest boy who had been at a model UN meet all weekend downtown. I watched a December game in a t shirt and now I have some nice color to my face.

It's funny you should write that as I was just thinking to myself what an absolutely spectacular day I had. If that were my last day on earth I would die a happy man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Good. The only way I would attend that game is if somebody handed me free United Club tickets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
We ate and threw the ball around until 11 then walked over to the stadium where I walked in at a regular gate with nothing stopping me but the metal detector. I was in my seat 25 minutes before kickoff with enough time to let everyone take a squirt where, again, there were zero lines. At the end of the game I left the South lot and was at the ULC within 20 minutes where I met my oldest boy who had been at a model UN meet all weekend downtown.
Hmmm mmmmm.

good dolphin wrote:
I guess I have to concede that an empty stadium is very convenient.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Is AMUN still in Chicago? I was head of the Poland delegation one year, we were part of a bloc that tried to draft a resolution to give every country nuclear weapons. Lots of fun, even if UIC kids always try to ruin it acting like they are all a bunch of hardcore urban gang members who cant be seen associating with rural schools.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Good. The only way I would attend that game is if somebody handed me free United Club tickets.

I had 300 level seats. Those are my seats that I share. The UC is a rare treat every few years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

My niece is a bartender in the United Club.

She had her biggest Sunday ever at the Lions game. So there are people still spending money at Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
We ate and threw the ball around until 11 then walked over to the stadium where I walked in at a regular gate with nothing stopping me but the metal detector. I was in my seat 25 minutes before kickoff with enough time to let everyone take a squirt where, again, there were zero lines. At the end of the game I left the South lot and was at the ULC within 20 minutes where I met my oldest boy who had been at a model UN meet all weekend downtown.
Hmmm mmmmm.

good dolphin wrote:
I guess I have to concede that an empty stadium is very convenient.

Bears no shows equaled Sox normal attendance. There were 53K+ at that empty stadium. My parking lot was filled soon after I got there but was pretty packed even when I arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Seacrest wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

She had her biggest Sunday ever at the Lions game. So there are people still spending money at Soldier Field.

Makes sense that bartenders are reaping the benefits of shitty Bears football.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 am 

America wrote:
Is AMUN still in Chicago? I was head of the Poland delegation one year, we were part of a bloc that tried to draft a resolution to give every country nuclear weapons. Lots of fun, even if UIC kids always try to ruin it acting like they are all a bunch of hardcore urban gang members who cant be seen associating with rural schools.

This is high school. I'm not sure who ran this one. As a reminder of the state of society, someone called in a threat to shoot up the social on Saturday evening which put the place on lockdown and sent a rash of e-mails to me while I was out at a Christmas party. I assume it was a high school kid being stupid if not, that is some next level sickness threatening to kill hundreds of high school kids.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Apologize for the sloppy Southerner drinking Crown and Cokes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next