It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Draft
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
Feels stupid taking a other pass rusher in the top 10 so soon after the last.

I think Floyd is very good but you need multiple pass rushers.

You can pretty much justify taking a pass rusher any year with any team.

Its the second most valued position in the game behind QB

What about Floyd leads you to believe he is very good? His sack stats are ok (about 1/2 per game) but he does very little otherwise (just 3 tackles per game, 1 forced fumble in 2 years and 0 ints).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Floyd had 2 of his 4.5 sacks against a third stringer tackle and a hobbled Bradford this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 am 

A lot of chatter about Buffalo wanting to get into the top 10 to get a QB.

They have the 21st and 22nd picks in the first round.

Could make for an interesting situation for the bears.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
RFDC wrote:
A lot of chatter about Buffalo wanting to get into the top 10 to get a QB.

They have the 21st and 22nd picks in the first round.

Could make for an interesting situation for the bears.

Has Ryan Pace traded down with any 1st rd picks?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don't think so but I would not mind trading down.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Starting to warm up to the idea a bit of taking Nelson at 8. I would really prefer a trade down though. Outside of 5-6 top guys there really is no difference talent-wise, IMO between these players in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Caller Bob wrote:
Starting to warm up to the idea a bit of taking Nelson at 8. I would really prefer a trade down though. Outside of 5-6 top guys there really is no difference talent-wise, IMO between these players in the 1st round.

If Nelson makes it to 8, there'd be little question you go with him unless an insane offer comes in or Pace is set on a guy like Edmunds. If Nelson or Chubb aren't there at 8, I'd love if Pace took Vita Vea. Guy is a monster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:23 pm 

Dewskie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If Nelson makes it to 8, there'd be little question you go with him unless an insane offer comes in or Pace is set on a guy like Edmunds. If Nelson or Chubb aren't there at 8, I'd love if Pace took Vita Vea. Guy is a monster.

Oh, God, why would you take Vea? He's a two down lineman at best, at a position where you are already strong with Goldman. You know what is trending, taking big ass DT's high is not smart. Look at Shelton, already on his 2nd team. These guys have to come off the field so much in this passing league.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Dewskie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Oh, God, why would you take Vea? He's a two down lineman at best, at a position where you are already strong with Goldman. You know what is trending, taking big ass DT's high is not smart. Look at Shelton, already on his 2nd team. These guys have to come off the field so much in this passing league.

and they get chewed up quickly

Shelton, Wilkinson, Suh, and Ngata all were on the market this year

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:06 pm 

Dewskie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

One of the players considered to be elite will be there for the Bears if 4 QB get taken. I'd say the elite are Barkely, Chubb, Fitzpatrick and Nelson. If four do not get taken, someone will be offering a trade down.

I'm starting to think interest in Chubb will become soft as the draft approaches and he ends up being there at 8.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
You can see it coming--the Bear trade up to get Shea McVander Esch, a/k/a John Thierry for the new millenium, even though nobody else has him on their 1st round board. He'll finish his career in 2021 as the greatest kickoff team gunner in Packers history. No way Pace passes on this guy.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/0 ... h/aereepz/

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the closer we get to the draft, the more i dislike taking a guard at 8. It's stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
DannyB wrote:
You can see it coming--the Bear trade up to get Shea McVander Esch, a/k/a John Thierry for the new millenium, even though nobody else has him on their 1st round board. He'll finish his career in 2021 as the greatest kickoff team gunner in Packers history. No way Pace passes on this guy.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/0 ... h/aereepz/

You use Shea McClellin as a way to show Pace can't pass on a player?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 pm 

I want Davenport. Leonard Floyd is a bit of a china doll and we literally have no pass rusher opposite him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Dewskie wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

One of the players considered to be elite will be there for the Bears if 4 QB get taken. I'd say the elite are Barkely, Chubb, Fitzpatrick and Nelson. If four do not get taken, someone will be offering a trade down.

I'm starting to think interest in Chubb will become soft as the draft approaches and he ends up being there at 8.

There's a joke in there about a soft Chubb. I'm going into the draft with the expectations of Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson all being gone by 8. If for some reason any of those three is there, jackpot. If there's a quarterback there, the phone will be ringing (I would think).

Chubb would be a great get if he fell that far. It makes a ton of sense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
can anyone explain to me why the elite guard prospect doesn't project to be a tackle in the NFL?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 pm 

billypootons wrote:
can anyone explain to me why the elite guard prospect doesn't project to be a tackle in the NFL?

I am pretty sure I have read where a few GMs think he does....but it does not ever get discussed...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 pm 

billypootons wrote:

Short arms are one physical deficiency. Tackles need to keep a player away from their body and extend the edges of the pocket where a guard just needs to be stout in holding a position. Quickness in side to side and lateral is also more important to a tackle. Og even when pulling is running forward

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:26 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I want Davenport. Leonard Floyd is a bit of a china doll and we literally have no pass rusher opposite him.

Yeah..he looks like Kevin White phtsically..way too thin to hold up 16 games.. He's a nobody.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Short arms are one physical deficiency. Tackles need to keep a player away from their body and extend the edges of the pocket where a guard just needs to be stout in holding a position. Quickness in side to side and lateral is also more important to a tackle. Og even when pulling is running forward

Nelson has all the physical tools to play tackle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:14 am 

312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I have seen scouts say that, as long as he keeps his weight in the 320s.

I thought we were talking about Whitehair.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 pm 

I'm just shocked at those who have either Roquan Smith or Edmunds mocked to the Bears. You don't draft inside linebackers in a 3-4 defense high. That's proven theory in the NFL and hasn't changed in 30+ years. Maybe Patrick Willis was the ONE exception.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm just shocked at those who have either Roquan Smith or Edmunds mocked to the Bears. You don't draft inside linebackers in a 3-4 defense high. That's proven theory in the NFL and hasn't changed in 30+ years. Maybe Patrick Willis was the ONE exception.

It's a burden with where they're picking combined with most predictors relying on team needs more than BPA, as well as the inconsistent values that every team/expert has on every player.

That's why I'd be fine with James, Fitzpatrick, or Vea at 8, and linebacker depth chart be damned. If you're that stuck on the linebacker woes, trade down and see what's available. The other option is you hope that Trevathan, Floyd, Kwiatkoski, and Lynch are all healthy and that Sam Acho is able to play starter reps. Otherwise you're probably dicked, which is always on the table.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

If this were the case, he would of played it in college.

Zack Martin played tackle in college, and plays guard in the NFL. I don't see this value of this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Edmunds physical dimensions definitely project to a guy who will move outside to rush on passing downs. You really aren't drafting him for who he has been.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY PICKED THAT GUY!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I like it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 pm 

I like the pick a good deal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seems a bit on the small side for a difference maker at LB.

Who knows though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Butkus - Singletary - Urlacher - Smith

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next