It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Make the case for the Cardinals being a better organization than the Chiefs over the last 5 years. Should be interesting.

The Patriots, Packers, Steelers, and Seahawks also have HOF QBs. Kind of hard to imitate that. Especially if you have (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. :lol:
Fine. The Chiefs are better.

Well, if we get to discount teams because of great players then I guess the Chiefs are the greatest dynasty in history!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Make the case for the Cardinals being a better organization than the Chiefs over the last 5 years. Should be interesting.

The Patriots, Packers, Steelers, and Seahawks also have HOF QBs. Kind of hard to imitate that. Especially if you have (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. :lol:

Well, if we get to discount teams because of great players then I guess the Chiefs are the greatest dynasty in history!

Chiefs have great players too.

I specifically mentioned HOF QBs. A little different.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm 

America wrote:
That post is vintage Brick. He lists Broncos twice, first as a model franchise then again as one he'd settle for. Then he simultaneously laments the Bears playoff drought while launching an underhanded complaint about Bears playoff losses that haven't even happened yet.
Um, what? The Broncos have two Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl victory in the past 5 years. So, yes, I'd like to be the Broncos, and yes I'd settle for being the Broncos. What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Do the Chiefs get flagged for false starts at home because the crowd is excited they might score while the same crowd sits in silence when the defense is on because that means they might get scored against? Chiefs 1, Bears 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
That post is vintage Brick. He lists Broncos twice, first as a model franchise then again as one he'd settle for. Then he simultaneously laments the Bears playoff drought while launching an underhanded complaint about Bears playoff losses that haven't even happened yet.
Um, what? The Broncos have two Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl victory in the past 5 years. So, yes, I'd like to be the Broncos, and yes I'd settle for being the Broncos. What are you talking about?

I know it's not the Dallas Cowboys, but its a start.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Broncos had one of the best QBs ever to play the game basically show up and ask for a job for two seasons. Get the hell out of here with this Broncos nonsense. Mike Glennon might be better than Brock Oswieler.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Reread the post of yours to which I am referring and it'll be obvious what I'm talking about.

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Why did you mention HOF QB's?

Am I to create a list of franchises I would like to be but I can't count the 6 teams in the league with HOF quarterbacks? Keep this up and we can get the Chiefs to #1!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:26 pm 

hes the first head coach we have had in 30 years that seems normal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Broncos had one of the best QBs ever to play the game basically show up and ask for a job for two seasons. Get the hell out of here with this Broncos nonsense. Mike Glennon might be better than Brock Oswieler.

But the year the Broncos won the Super Bowl, Peyton Manning was not a top 15 QB.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah I’m dubious of this Broncos are a model franchise argument.

They had a nice few year run. They were irrelevant and bad for a decade prior to that and look to be that again going forward for at least a couple years.

To rock my soul

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Reread the post of yours to which I am referring and it'll be obvious what I'm talking about.

I've had a lot of posts. Can you quote it? I may have made a typo or something but I certainly would like to be the Broncos of the last 5 years.

Beardown wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

But the year the Broncos won the Super Bowl, Peyton Manning was not a top 15 QB.

Yes but they had one of four best defenses of the last 20 years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don't get me wrong, if the option is suck for a long time, then have a nice run where you lose and win a Super Bowl, then suck again, I'll take it.

From today over the course of the next 5 years, give me the Bears over the Broncos.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

I've had a lot of posts. Can you quote it? I may have made a typo or something but I certainly would like to be the Broncos of the last 5 years.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Chiefs had the 5th best offense in the league this year and are one of the 3 or 4 best teams of the last 5 years. Yes, I think that’s a fine franchise to try to copy.

Of course everyone wants to be the next Patriots. That’s simply unrealistic.
I'll take the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, Falcons, and Seahawks over them. I probably take the Panthers, Broncos, and Cardinals though some of those teams are struggling a little now.

Don't get me wrong. If we end up as the Chiefs that's fine I guess. Making the playoffs and knowing you are going to lose is better than what the Bears have now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Why did you mention HOF QB's?

Am I to create a list of franchises I would like to be but I can't count the 6 teams in the league with HOF quarterbacks? Keep this up and we can get the Chiefs to #1!

How are you missing the point this badly?

We are discussing head coaches and where your ideal candidate would be from. The Chiefs have had a lot of regular season sucesss with a mediocre QB. They haven’t had as much success as teams with HOF QBs because mediocre QBs very rarely beat HOF QBs. This is not a coaching problem.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 pm 

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Chiefs had the 5th best offense in the league this year and are one of the 3 or 4 best teams of the last 5 years. Yes, I think that’s a fine franchise to try to copy.

Of course everyone wants to be the next Patriots. That’s simply unrealistic.
I'll take the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, Falcons, and Seahawks over them. I probably take the Panthers, Broncos, and Cardinals though some of those teams are struggling a little now.

Don't get me wrong. If we end up as the Chiefs that's fine I guess. Making the playoffs and knowing you are going to lose is better than what the Bears have now.

Oh a mistake. You got me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 

Remember when Rick said there were 4 games going on instead of 3! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
How is you are missing the point this badly?

We are discussing head coaches and where your ideal candidate would be from. The Chiefs have had a lot of regular season sucesss with a mediocre QB. They haven’t had as much success as teams with HOF QBs because mediocre QBs very rarely beat HOF QBs. This is not a coaching problem.

Me: I would rather we model ourselves on teams that have had more success than the Chiefs.
You: They have HOF QB's. Those don't count.
Me: Well then, how about those Chiefs!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Remember when Rick said there were 4 games going on instead of 3! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Lol

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Me: I would rather we model ourselves on teams that have had more success than the Chiefs.

I didn’t say they don’t count. I said they aren’t replicable from a coaching standpoint.

You’re struggling today my friend.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think he's trying to say that you can try to emulate the Pats all you want but Tom Brady isn't walking thru that door. Why not try to emulate a team that has similar ceiling to you and hope to get an Eli/Flacco SB win out of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I didn’t say they don’t count. I said they aren’t replicable from a coaching standpoint.

There are by my count maybe 8 future HOF QB's that played in the past 5 years(not counting those with work to do but may make it like Ryan and Stafford). That's 1/4th of the league.

So yes, if you take away the top 8 of the league, and maybe 2-3 more that are approaching HOF probability, then sign me up for the Chiefs when my choices are basically the Vikings and Texans to emulate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

There are by my count maybe 8 future HOF QB's that played in the past 5 years(not counting those with work to do but may make it like Ryan and Stafford). That's 1/4th of the league.

So yes, if you take away the top 8 of the league, and maybe 2-3 more that are approaching HOF probability, then sign me up for the Chiefs when my choices are basically the Vikings and Texans to emulate.

So what point are you trying to make here? That Nagy and Reid get docked points for not beating Tom Brady with Alex Smith? Ok.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm 

The point is that we are talking about model franchises and you aren't letting me pick from 8-11 teams in the league because they have HOF QB's so of course the Chiefs are at the top of the list then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So what point are you trying to make here? That Nagy and Reid get docked points for not beating Tom Brady with Alex Smith? Ok.

He wants more than Lovie's Bears. You know the team that's in the playoff hunt every year but fails one way or another in the end. The Chiefs have been the Bengals. Good enough to make the playoffs but you know they're going to choke.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The point is that we are talking about model franchises and you aren't letting me pick from 8-11 teams in the league because they have HOF QB's so of course the Chiefs are at the top of the list then.

Letting you?

You can pick them.

I think you are wrong if you are crediting one of their coordinators for the play of a HOF QB. I cannot make this any more clear.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He wants more than Lovie's Bears. You know the team that's in the playoff hunt every year but fails one way or another in the end. The Chiefs have been the Bengals. Good enough to make the playoffs but you know they're going to choke.

The Chiefs have been better than the Bengals.

But that’s beside the point. There’s only so far an Alex Smith led team is going to go every year. That’s not on the coaching.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The real Chet is not inspired by the hire. He probably wanted Singletary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next