It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis

Last edited by America on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
TurdFerguson wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Did I see ..One year of play calling experience?

There will be train wreck situations no doubt with clock management, challenges, extra points, etc.

I'm working on a theory that the new wave of younger coaches won't have the issue of clock management and challenges like the older re-treads. I'd hope any self respecting 42 years coach spent his formative years glued to Madden through high school and college.

Now we're talking. Is this guy related to Indians' legend Chuck Nagy at all?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:24 pm 

Bears want to keep Fangio but there is no deal in place for it. Yea, I'm starting to get Marinelli flashbacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
So the Bears rush their hire to make sure they can convince Vic Fangio to stay before he becomes a free agent.

Now, did Ryan Pace inform coaching candidates they must keep Fangio as their DC? Or did Pace ask Fangio which candidates he'd be OK working under as DC?

Either way, if Fangio is going to dictate your head coaching search then just make him the head coach! :lol:

This smells of the Marinelli fiasco all over again.
Don't worry. Seacrest says it is no big deal.

Bears get first pick of available assistants now as well.

Btw, how has Dom Capers been working out for you the last five years Kirkwood?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
America wrote:
Bears want to keep Fangio but there is no deal in place for it. Yea, I'm starting to get Marinelli flashbacks.

All your sports thoughts are terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

This guy has six letters in his name. How are you going to fuck up the spelling?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

well its literally been reported by brad biggs

No matter who they hired some of you would be pissed, and and the Packer fans will mock.

I am good with him. From everything i have heard on him out of KC sounds good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
While Pace has made some silly moves (moving up to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky), I think he should be rated no worse than a solid B as a GM so far. He has drafted well, and he has had some very nice FA signings.

He missed with Royal, McPhee and Wheaton and injuries caused issues with guys like Rolle.

I think Glennon was due to some meddling. But even if you hold that against him, he didn't set the franchise back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
So the Bears rush their hire to make sure they can convince Vic Fangio to stay before he becomes a free agent.

Now, did Ryan Pace inform coaching candidates they must keep Fangio as their DC? Or did Pace ask Fangio which candidates he'd be OK working under as DC?

Either way, if Fangio is going to dictate your head coaching search then just make him the head coach! :lol:

I have no idea what Dom Capers has to do with any of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
No matter who they hired some of you would be pissed, and and the Packer fans will mock.

I am good with him. From everything i have heard on him out of KC sounds good.
On M&H last week, Biggs said that Nagy really liked (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and that KC was open to making a trade to move up and draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

It doesn't matter where the coach came from, if he likes (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and feels that he is a QB that can take the Bears places, you have to make that hire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 pm 

IMU wrote:
While Pace has made some silly moves (moving up to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky), I think he should be rated no worse than a solid B as a GM so far. He has drafted well, and he has had some very nice FA signings.

He missed with Royal, McPhee and Wheaton and injuries caused issues with guys like Rolle.

I think Glennon was due to some meddling. But even if you hold that against him, he didn't set the franchise back.

There is no way he has been a Solid B, even when you excuse some of his moves that were supposedly not his fault like hiring Fox.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm 

No Andy Reid Tree coach has fell flat on their face. Some have been very, very good. Probably the worst was Childress who was at least serviceable for a time. Probably safest choice outside of Shurmer but perhaps more upside than Shurmer. This hire does make sense from Pace's perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
RFDC wrote:

Rightly so. Rushing into hiring a coach so the DC can hopefully be kept is very Bears

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Bears being proactive trying to retain a good DC, while the Pack allows themselves to be held hostage by a DC who has been terrible for years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Rightly so. Rushing into hiring a coach so the DC can hopefully be kept is very Bears

No matter the timing or the person you would mock. So it is pretty hollow

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

How do you know they were rushed? From all the reports I saw, the Bears interviewed at least 3 other guys outside of Nagy & Fangio. If Nagy blew them away in the interview-- especially with the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky love-- then you have to make the move.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I don't really see what the positive spin is on this hire. Even Caller Bob is basically saying "Well, guys who worked under Andy Reid normally don't suck, but they aren't good either".

I don't want to be the KC Chiefs, even if they are better than the Chicago Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Bears being proactive trying to retain a good DC, while the Pack allows themselves to be held hostage by a DC who has been terrible for years.

I doubt Fangio re-signs with the Bears now. It's one thing to be passed over for McDaniels, but Nagy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
No Andy Reid Tree coach has fell flat on their face. Some have been very, very good. Probably the worst was Childress who was at least serviceable for a time. Probably safest choice outside of Shurmer but perhaps more upside than Shurmer. This hire does make sense from Pace's perspective.

Just an edit...Chilly was probably the worst offensive minded coach from the Reid tree...there was also Spags and Frazier, but they were defensive guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
'77Cubs wrote:
It's pretty obvious what happened: Nagy loves Mitch so Pace's decision to draft him is positively reinforced, the $$ for Nagy won't be crazy so George/Sweaty OK'd it so bottom line is everyone is now on the Mitch bandwagon for good or for bad.

Fact: Nagy did not get the job done in this weekend's collapse. Not good. At all.

We shall see.

Can they get DePhilippo as OC???

I think Mitch was the guy the Chiefs wanted. If we got Andy Reid I would be excited but I'm not sure how much influence Reid's guys have on offense. Most don't have success when they leave him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No matter the timing or the person you would mock. So it is pretty hollow

This bit is getting old.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I doubt Fangio re-signs with the Bears now. It's one thing to be passed over for McDaniels, but Nagy?[/quote]

Bears being proactive trying to retain a good DC, while the Pack allows themselves to be held hostage by a DC who has been terrible for years.[/quote]

Jaw Breaker wrote:
I doubt Fangio re-signs with the Bears now. It's one thing to be passed over for McDaniels, but Nagy?

Maybe not. Can't blame them for trying.

Juxtapose that with what the pack has allowed with Capers for the last five years. Pretty hollow like RFDC said when you kept around a guy that was positively wretched.

Last edited by Seacrest on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

There is no way he has been a Solid B, even when you excuse some of his moves that were supposedly not his fault like hiring Fox.

Hicks
Trevathan
Sitton
Wright
Amukamara
Jackson
Langford
Cohen
Howard
Goldman
Floyd
Kwiatkowski

He has made some good moves. Some were very good moves. I'm not sure the bad moves like Shaheen and White drop him down to what some of you seem to think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Caller Bob wrote:

Childress unquestionably fell flat on his face. The Vikings arguably had the most offensive talent in the league for a time during his tenure there and he ran the most uncreative offense possible. He was also a gaping asshole who alienated nearly everyone on the team besides Jim Kleinsasser, who he kept running plays for despite having actually talented offensive players like Peterson, Moss, and Harvin on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Childress unquestionably fell flat on his face. The Vikings arguably had the most offensive talent in the league for a time during his tenure there and he ran the most uncreative offense possible. He was also a gaping asshole who alienated nearly everyone on the team besides Jim Kleinsasser, who he kept running plays for despite having actually talented offensive players like Peterson, Moss, and Harvin on the team.

They nearly went to the Superbowl ...odd definition of "falling flat on your face".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

Hicks
Trevathan
Sitton
Wright
Amukamara
Jackson
Langford
Cohen
Howard
Goldman
Floyd
Kwiatkowski

He has made some good moves. Some were very good moves. I'm not sure the bad moves like Shaheen and White drop him down to what some of you seem to think.
I don't know what your list is there. It has Langford and Floyd in there. Both of those are bad picks by Pace.

That means there were 9 good moves in there(and some of those are highly debatable too). 3 good moves a year does not equal Solid B.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Caller Bob wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They nearly went to the Superbowl ...odd definition of "falling flat on your face".

They nearly went to the Super Bowl in spite of Childress, not because of him (and his poor in-game decisionmaking, which I didn't even initially mention in my post, was in fact one of the main reasons they ended up losing in the NFC title game). Childress in his infinite wisdom then proceeded to waive Moss the next season and feud with Favre and he never did a damn thing thereafter.

Last edited by ZephMarshack on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next