It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Objective good dolphin is always a good read. Too bad we dont see him very ofte

Objective? Did you read the part where he called Shaheen Kelce?

Sure it seems crazy right now. Kelce appeared to be a bust in his rookie year as well. I dont think he even had 5 receptions. Sounds similar. Sure he prob wont get close to him, but you surely can see the similarities

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Sure it seems crazy right now. Kelce appeared to be a bust in his rookie year as well. I dont think he even had 5 receptions. Sounds similar. Sure he prob wont get close to him, but you surely can see the similarities

Kelce isn’t slow....

I don’t see the similarities outside of both of them not producing as rookies. I think this one of the worst sports thoughts on the board in quite some time. We will see I guess.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Bears hired a guy who was selling houses for a living 10 years ago. A... real...estate...agent. That is all

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
blackhawksfan wrote:
The Bears hired a guy who was selling houses for a living 10 years ago. A... real...estate...agent. That is all

He was an Arena league QB. He's done well for himself and he knew when to get out of the Real Estate game.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm 

Super Bowl Champs in Feb 2020

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Maybe post it a few more times...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

He was an Arena league QB. He's done well for himself and he knew when to get out of the Real Estate game.

When Nagy is fired in 3 years he will co-write a book with Marc Trestman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 pm 

Belichick was working in a Morgue when Parcells found him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
I am on board. At least 8-8 next year.

The schedule does look favorable. A losing record would be a big disappointment, another 3-13 or 4-11-Browns disaster would be a fireable offense after one year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I am on board. At least 8-8 next year.

The schedule does look favorable. A losing record would be a big disappointment, another 3-13 or 4-11-Browns disaster would be a fireable offense after one year.

That's not even worst case.

Worst case Mitch gets hurt and everybody gets a 1 year pass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Seems like a really stupid thing to criticize the guy for working hard and making something of himself. In what way is that a bad thing?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 pm 

Yeah, I don't get the criticism. Not every single coach is a football lifer.

What bugs me is this arguing over whether his name is pronounced "Naggy" or "Naygy." The correct Hungarian pronunciation is "Nawj" and I will use this to honor the glorious Magyar people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 pm 

Schedule is favorable to Bears? Here it is:

Chicago Bears

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers

The Jets and Giants are crap. The Bucs, Dolphins 49ers and Cards are tossups games. The rest of the teams are clearly better than the Bears. I'd be shocked if they get to 8-8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm 

It should probably get them between 7-9 and 9-7, at least in a wild card conversation at some late-ish point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Seems like a really stupid thing to criticize the guy for working hard and making something of himself. In what way is that a bad thing?

Marc Trestman worked hard in Canada to get a 2nd chance in the NFL. He sucked ass. My main problem with this hire is this guy wasn't even an offensive coordinator for the Chiefs last year. Can he command respect from his players? When something went wrong with the Chiefs he had several coaches to hide behind. Now he's going to be in the spotlight. Gonna be interesting how he handles the pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
My main problem with this hire is this guy wasn't even an offensive coordinator for the Chiefs last year. Can he command respect from his players? When something went wrong with the Chiefs he had several coaches to hide behind. Now he's going to be in the spotlight. Gonna be interesting how he handles the pressure.

Now that is a legitimate concern.

Not the fact that he worked his way up.

Definitely going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:16 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
good dolphin wrote:
waiting on coordinator hires.

Obviously he presented a plan for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. There are a couple of other items on the Chiefs that I think are comparable on the Bear: 1) Tyreke Hill- a player with unlimited skills who may not be dominant if stuck in traditional positional paradigms has flourished under Nagy. Not every coach understands how to maximize talented square pegs. Nagy apparently does. He has another one of those players in Cohen. 2) Travis Kelce- a huge, two way TE from a non traditional football power who had very limited production as a rookie. The Chiefs essentially built their offense to run through him with him opening the middle for speedy WR on the outside and RB. I think Adam Shaheen can be that guy not sooner, not later but immediately.

I guess anything is possible but did Nagy have anything to do with Kelce or Hill? Kelce came from U of Cincinnati & was on IR his rookie year with a knee. He's been their primary target ever since, when Nagy was just the QB coach. I know Shaheen had a fast 40 time at the combine but Kelce is infinitely more athletic, at least from the few snaps Shaheen played this year. And Hill was basically a Pro Bowl-type player since he stepped on the field, also when Nagy was QB coach. Cohen will never have an effect on defenses like Hill's speed. I guess Nagy was at least around other coaches who figured out how to use those guys.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The similarities end at @ White and Tight End, Kelsey is fast as hell and has great hands..great blocker too. Shaheen is slow and can't block for shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Schedule is favorable to Bears? Here it is:

Chicago Bears

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers

The Jets and Giants are crap. The Bucs, Dolphins 49ers and Cards are tossups games. The rest of the teams are clearly better than the Bears. I'd be shocked if they get to 8-8

That schedule looks brutal. Again.

6-10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bears had the toughest schedule in the league in 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
SF is good and only getting better with JG, lotta draft picks too. That schedule looks tough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Marc Trestman worked hard in Canada to get a 2nd chance in the NFL. He sucked ass. My main problem with this hire is this guy wasn't even an offensive coordinator for the Chiefs last year. Can he command respect from his players? When something went wrong with the Chiefs he had several coaches to hide behind. Now he's going to be in the spotlight. Gonna be interesting how he handles the pressure.

He was the offensive coordinator for 2 years. He had enough respect from the players and Reid that he was allowed to call plays.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
He was the offensive coordinator for 2 years. He had enough respect from the players and Reid that he was allowed to call plays.

Pay no attention to the naysayers. They either know nothing, are just being contrarian for sake of argument or have their brains simply degraded by Bears' cynicism. No one knows how this will go. Be a fan and have a little faith until you are shown otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 am 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The similarities end at @ White and Tight End, Kelsey is fast as hell and has great hands..great blocker too. Shaheen is slow and can't block for shit.

He isn't slow and his blocking looked pretty good to me by the time Miller went down.

He caught 12 of 14 passes thrown to him. 3 of his 12 catches were TD. 8 of the remaining 9 were for first downs.

I'm expecting a big jump in year 2 but there were promising indications this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

He was the OC last year. Do you mean in 2016?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

I expect improvement too. The kid had never played against elite talent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

This is the National Football League not Human League

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am 

Nas wrote:
I expect improvement too. The kid had never played against elite talent.

I guess everyone else is under the impression Dowell Loggains was maximizing the talent of his players.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

He bet on himself worked his ass off and got to where he wanted to be. It’s a great story. This is absolutely the kind of guy I can root for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
blackhawksfan wrote:

This is a really bad post.