It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I don't put a lot of stock in Nagy's interview praise for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky...what else is he gonna say?

I know I shouldn't assume it given who were the interviewers but I assume he presented much more than praise. I would think he presented a specific plan to maximize his talents.

Greg Gabriel believes that Nagy was hired in part because he likes RPO plays, which (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky ran frequently in college.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I don't put a lot of stock in Nagy's interview praise for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky...what else is he gonna say?

I know I shouldn't assume it given who were the interviewers but I assume he presented much more than praise. I would think he presented a specific plan to maximize his talents.

Greg Gabriel believes that Nagy was hired in part because he likes RPO plays, which (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky ran frequently in college.

it sure feels like nagy got the job because he and pace jerked it to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's potential

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was reading the pieces here http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-ch ... -matt-nagy and feel fine with the hire.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

it sure feels like nagy got the job because he and pace jerked it to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's potential

Pretty much. Kind of like Trestman was hired to straighten out Cutler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Trestman thing looked like it was working at first... The Bears had a top 10 offense his first year. He was a weirdo that couldn't hold a locker room though and it all fell apart year 2. There is strong, strong evidence that suggests by hiring a guy like Nagy the offense more than likely will take off. Can he hold the team together and find a quality DC on the other side of the ball are the two big unknowns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Trestman thing looked like it was working at first... The Bears had a top 10 offense his first year. He was a weirdo that couldn't hold a locker room though and it all fell apart year 2. There is strong, strong evidence that suggests by hiring a guy like Nagy the offense more than likely will take off. Can he hold the team together and find a quality DC on the other side of the ball are the two big unknowns.

Yeah the only Trestman mistake was that he should have been ab OC not a head coach.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Every time Greg Gabriel opens up his mouth, I no longer wonder why he is currently unemployed in the NFL.

Reid said he is the most qualified to be successful as a head coach of any assistant he has ever had. Time will tell, but praise for this guy around he NFL is pretty universal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

There we go. You expect Nagy to bring a top 10 offense. It took a while but you are finally making an argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
RPO?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/25 ... hlisberger

Quote:
“I think this play can be great for a lot of teams,” said Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 am 

Yeah from what I have listened to the RPO is the newest fad in beating defenses.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Houston used RPO a ton with DaShuan Watson this year as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Those are two pretty big unknowns, as are Nagy, Pace and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. It seems like Nagy was hired almost exclusively because Pace believes he will rapidly accelerate (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development. So Pace is betting big on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but the problem is that Pace's record thus far has been characterized by inconsistency. He doesn't seem to have a unifying rebuilding strategy, and his aptitude for talent acquisition is unclear. Hopefully things will go well, but I think it's an overstatement to argue that there's "strong evidence" the offense--or any other aspect of the team--will flourish under Nagy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Those are two pretty big unknowns, as are Nagy, Pace and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. It seems like Nagy was hired almost exclusively because Pace believes he will rapidly accelerate (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's development. So Pace is betting big on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but the problem is that Pace's record thus far has been characterized by inconsistency. He doesn't seem to have a unifying rebuilding strategy, and his aptitude for talent acquisition is unclear. Hopefully things will go well, but I think it's an overstatement to argue that there's "strong evidence" the offense--or any other aspect of the team--will flourish under Nagy.

Pace, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and now Nagy will all go up or down in history together.

Get a fast WR in FA and let's see what happens.