It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
At least they give a shit. The only competent guy making decisions might be Nagy, but at least I dont doubt that Pace & McCaskey have some urgency about them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nah they still look pretty bad. Need a QB still.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 pm 

The Bulls would never in a million years do something even as bold as what the Bears did in the 2nd round this year, much less trade up to ensure they get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Its not even a comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I dunno, I still feel the shit that Pace did last year was basically the equivalent of what GarPax are doing now. Trading up to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky looks bold on its face, but it was the same kind of self-preservation that GarPax have specialized in for years, especially since it ended with Pace still getting a contract extension despite throwing in the towel on the season before it even began. "Don't judge me by our failure this season, wait until next year!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm 

If they dont look good this year the heat is on Pace big time. Extension or no extension it doesn't matter, the Bears have fired guys they've owed money to all the time. Even if we all know Ted Phillips meddles fairly often in football affairs its not a case like the Bulls where the people in charge of the roster are also in charge of who is in charge of the roster. Ryan Pace doesn't chose if Ryan Pace keeps his job. If he doesn't perform in the next two years the Bears will do him just the way they did Emery and Angelo.

The Sox are just weird. Hahn and Kenny are even more bulletproof than GarPax but they act like they are fighting for their lives every offseason (except this past one, and even then they tried to get Machado! :lol: ). I feel like one of these years all their craziness will eventually pay off. This Bulls thing is just purposeful mediocrity with a dumbass coach and a bunch of role players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I think Pace gets a little extra rope for the John Fox era cuz right when they first hired Pace they brought in Ernie Accorsi to say "you hire John Fox when he's available, son!" and hey, at the very least he was the anti-trestman in being able to bring in quality assistants/coordinators (at least until they got head coaching gigs and were replaced by Dowell Loggaints) that set up this "college of coaches" deal under Nagy, who has certainly looked the part this off season. He's got some "football Brad Stevens" vibe about him.

Garpax has had, what, 4+ head coaches? I'm not even counting Boylan/Ben-Wallace, I'm talking hires... shit did Paxton bring in Cartwright too?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cartwright was a Crumbs hire, Paxson doesn't have to wear that one. Skiles, Vinny (and that might have been a Reinsdorf move), Thibs, Hoiberg (maybe also a Reinsdorf move?).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Hoiberg was all Gar with Paxson's co-sign, but Thibs was a Jerry pick. Paxson preferred Doug Collins to him and Gar wanted Mike Brown.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I thought Doug was supposed to come in in 2008 and that's when Jerry said he couldn't hire his pretend son, hence we got Vinny, but that doesn't mean Pax also wanted Doug in 2010 and was overruled then too. Man, the Bulls are weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Hoiberg was all Gar with Paxson's co-sign, but Thibs was a Jerry pick. Paxson preferred Doug Collins to him and Gar wanted Mike Brown.

part of me doesnt get hard over any of those names... but then again the coach shouldnt matter in the nba if you have good players.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
America wrote:
If they dont look good this year the heat is on Pace big time. Extension or no extension it doesn't matter, the Bears have fired guys they've owed money to all the time. Even if we all know Ted Phillips meddles fairly often in football affairs its not a case like the Bulls where the people in charge of the roster are also in charge of who is in charge of the roster. Ryan Pace doesn't chose if Ryan Pace keeps his job. If he doesn't perform in the next two years the Bears will do him just the way they did Emery and Angelo.

The Sox are just weird. Hahn and Kenny are even more bulletproof than GarPax but they act like they are fighting for their lives every offseason (except this past one, and even then they tried to get Machado! :lol: ). I feel like one of these years all their craziness will eventually pay off. This Bulls thing is just purposeful mediocrity with a dumbass coach and a bunch of role players.

I have given up on the White Sox and the Bulls because of their piece of shit owner and his dumb hiring of management. And I will never forgive that jag-off for what he did to Thibs his last two years with the Bulls.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
The Hawk wrote:
America wrote:

I have given up on the White Sox and the Bulls because of their piece of shit owner and his dumb hiring of management. And I will never forgive that jag-off for what he did to Thibs his last two years with the Bulls.

Yeah. That piece of shit Mr Reinsdorfs teams only have won Chicago 7 championships.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:16 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

part of me doesnt get hard over any of those names... but then again the coach shouldnt matter in the nba if you have good players.

I think that a bad coach hurts a team more than a good coach benefits a team. But the firing of Thibs who I consider a very good coach was insane and the undermining of Thibs by Gar and Pax was horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 am 

thewatcher wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
America wrote:

Yeah. That piece of shit Mr Reinsdorfs teams only have won Chicago 7 championships.

Take Michael Jordan off of the Bulls and what do you have? I do give Krumbs Krause some credit, though, for how he built the team around Jordan and bringing a HOF coach in who knew how to push the player's buttons. Those certainly were the days before today's NBA became a 3-4 team oligarchy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Take a brain away from The Hawk, and what do you have? Stupid posts like this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Take a brain away from The Hawk, and what do you have? Stupid posts like this.

Those who don't have rational thoughts like this guy, are only left with cheap insults like the above. I hate people who when a thread is going asking for comments like this one did, doesn't contribute anything of worth but instead insults people who do. Frank is truly a low intelligence guy so this is probably the limit of his ability to communicate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 am 

The Hawk wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
America wrote:

Take Michael Jordan off of the Bulls and what do you have? I do give Krumbs Krause some credit, though, for how he built the team around Jordan and bringing a HOF coach in who knew how to push the player's buttons. Those certainly were the days before today's NBA became a 3-4 team oligarchy.

why would you take him off. It's not like he was the first pick in the draft and the decision was a no brainer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:13 pm 

America wrote:
At least they give a shit. The only competent guy making decisions might be Nagy, but at least I dont doubt that Pace & McCaskey have some urgency about them.

I really hope you are right but we sure as hell have been burned before by this team and its coaching moves so I am just cautiously optimistic. I still hate our offensive line and wish they had done something major to put one together. I sweat that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is going to get killed out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
America wrote:

why would you take him off. It's not like he was the first pick in the draft and the decision was a no brainer.

The point is that Jordan was the reason that the Bulls won six championships. Not anything that Reinny did. The Bulls won in spite of Reinny not because of him. In reality the Bulls were lucky he fell to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take Tom Brady off of the Patriots, and what do you have?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.