It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Up to this point, Trubski has upped his game in the areas that were lacking...every single time. I don't see any reason why he's come near his ceiling.

Anyone wanting to toss him away and look for someone new is a true pessimist or isn't watching.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
veganfan21 wrote:
Mayfield
Brady
Rodgers
Watson
Big Ben
Rivers
Wentz
Brees
Stafford
Ryan
Newton
Luck

All better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Rivers, Mahomes and to some extent Luck and Ryan have a wider margin of being better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky from what we’ve seen up till this point.. that gap narrows considerably tho after that. And (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is still developing and heading into his 2nd year of an offense that takes time to learn. Mitch has shown he can lead a team in a close game down the field to put them in a position to win, he doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, has some of the best running skills in the game for a QB, decent pocket awareness, and can throw well on the run.. there are positives that suggest he’s trending in the right direction and still ascending.

Some of the other QB’s you mention have had success whether statistically or translating to wins but have also struggled with consistency in their own right and may not be as marginally above Mitch to make as big of a difference as the very best mentioned above. Stafford, for example, isn’t anything special in terms of translating what he provides statistically to his team into wins.

I’d also argue that the Bears defense>>> pretty much every other defense, at least atm as we need to see how it looks with a new DC. This matters tho in terms of what Mitch is going to be asked to do and need to do in terms of helping the team win. In other words, there may be things Mitch is able to do (statistics wise for example) that may add to how impressive he is to you as a QB that he won’t need to accumulate do to the gameplan requiring different things out of his position based on how the defense is performing and helping win games.

Mitch doesn’t need to be ‘great’ for the Bears to win an SB -he only needs to be ‘good’. And I think that he is already on the path to being ‘good’ which will fit him neatly into the top 15-7 QB’s in the league. He may not dig too far into the top 10, but I don’t see him being much worse than 15 or so (so basically on par with your list here). And you can win with a guy like that.

Injury due to how they want this offense to run is much more concerning to me at this point than Mitch developing.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I need Mitch to be great.

We need to see a great QB playing for the Bears.

The fan base is overdue for that experience.

MANY fans are referencing a season of Erik Kramer, or a 10 game run by Josh McNown as the highlights of their Bears QB watching experience.

Let that sink in.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Fair or not when your GM trades up to 2 to pick a QB, he better be great.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Mayfield
Brady
Rodgers
Watson
Big Ben
Rivers
Wentz
Brees
Stafford
Ryan
Newton
Luck

All better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Rivers, Mahomes and to some extent Luck and Ryan have a wider margin of being better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky from what we’ve seen up till this point.. that gap narrows considerably tho after that. And (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is still developing and heading into his 2nd year of an offense that takes time to learn. Mitch has shown he can lead a team in a close game down the field to put them in a position to win, he doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, has some of the best running skills in the game for a QB, decent pocket awareness, and can throw well on the run.. there are positives that suggest he’s trending in the right direction and still ascending.

Some of the other QB’s you mention have had success whether statistically or translating to wins but have also struggled with consistency in their own right and may not be as marginally above Mitch to make as big of a difference as the very best mentioned above. Stafford, for example, isn’t anything special in terms of translating what he provides statistically to his team into wins.

I’d also argue that the Bears defense>>> pretty much every other defense, at least atm as we need to see how it looks with a new DC. This matters tho in terms of what Mitch is going to be asked to do and need to do in terms of helping the team win. In other words, there may be things Mitch is able to do (statistics wise for example) that may add to how impressive he is to you as a QB that he won’t need to accumulate do to the gameplan requiring different things out of his position based on how the defense is performing and helping win games.

Mitch doesn’t need to be ‘great’ for the Bears to win an SB -he only needs to be ‘good’. And I think that he is already on the path to being ‘good’ which will fit him neatly into the top 15-7 QB’s in the league. He may not dig too far into the top 10, but I don’t see him being much worse than 15 or so (so basically on par with your list here). And you can win with a guy like that.

Injury due to how they want this offense to run is much more concerning to me at this point than Mitch developing.

Very good analysis.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Peoria Matt wrote:

Jbi11s wrote:

MANY fans are referencing a season of Erik Kramer, or a 10 game run by Josh McNown as the highlights of their Bears QB watching experience.

Let that sink in.

You’ll both most likely be just as happy with this team winning a Super Bowl with a dominant defense and a good QB as a great QB and an average defense.

I personally care about the end result, and sustained success if it’s possible. And both versions can produce results in those areas. And right now I think we have one of those versions, that’s a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Puts ketchup on hot dogs. Bust.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

I think the expectations on him would be the same if they had got him in the first round without trading up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:45 pm 

NME wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Jbi11s wrote:

Let that sink in.

You’ll both most likely be just as happy with this team winning a Super Bowl with a dominant defense and a good QB as a great QB and an average defense.

I personally care about the end result, and sustained success if it’s possible. And both versions can produce results in those areas. And right now I think we have one of those versions, that’s a good thing.

I agree end result is all that matters, but the whole Chicago overemphasis on defense is boring to me. I selfishly want both sides operating at a great level.

I’ll take the ring however we can get it tho.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:15 pm 

NME wrote:

Absolutely. I will be happy with a Super Bowl win.

I look at this line of thinking as a pre-emptive strike if Mitch doesn't turn out to be all that great. I don't want to have to count on the defense. I want Mitch to go out and win games.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
If comes anywhere near Punky QB levels, I'll be thrilled. Less the injuries of course. He doesn't need to be Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:31 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
NME wrote:

I look at this line of thinking as a pre-emptive strike if Mitch doesn't turn out to be all that great. I don't want to have to count on the defense. I want Mitch to go out and win games.

YUP.

I have seen merely glimpses of that as a Bears fan in over 36 years on this planet.

It would be nice to know the feeling of a decade’s worth of wins led by your team’s franchise QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

Lotsa people hate money.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
Stafford is a loser with garbage-time stats. Watson is the next Kordell Stewart.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 pm 

7 TDs 7 INTs 59.4 Comp % 2193 Yds 77.5 Rating 31.6 QBR

24 TDs 12 INTs 66.6 Comp % 3223 Yds 95.4 Rating 72.8 QBR

Everyone agrees (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky must take more steps forward this season. What does that look like for his stat line for 2019?

32 TDs 15 INTs 4000 yds?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:

7 TDs 7 INTs 59.4 Comp % 2193 Yds 77.5 Rating 31.6 QBR

24 TDs 12 INTs 66.6 Comp % 3223 Yds 95.4 Rating 72.8 QBR

Everyone agrees (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky must take more steps forward this season. What does that look like for his stat line for 2019?

32 TDs 15 INTs 4000 yds?

Is this another quiz on revenue growth?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Just want to see Mitch get them out of huddle quickly and be able to quickly recognize the mismatch. Last year they were consistently late out of the huddle and Mitch would look stare down the primary receiver missing the 3rd read breaking wide open. He did make some good checks to runs last year, but Howard seemingly always was brought down by the first guy that touched him. Montgomery is supposed to be good at breaking tackles so hopefully he will make the first guy miss and turn those 2 yard gains into chunk plays.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:50 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Just want to see Mitch get them out of huddle quickly and be able to quickly recognize the mismatch. Last year they were consistently late out of the huddle and Mitch would look stare down the primary receiver missing the 3rd read breaking wide open.

Great point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 pm 

This is now a depressing truth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
In 3 years people will be asking who among upper management signed off on Pace trading all those draft picks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:04 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
NME wrote:

YUP.

I have seen merely glimpses of that as a Bears fan in over 36 years on this planet.

It would be nice to know the feeling of a decade’s worth of wins led by your team’s franchise QB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1169820945344679938?s=20

Quote:
Lily Zhao
@LilySZhao
Tramon Williams said “we knew if we could get Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to play quarterback we could win.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Ditch Turdbisky looked like shit!

Because he is shit!

Bears rebuild is on the way!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Maybe they should look into not playing him in the preseason or first regular season game next year . Can’t risk injury you know .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:04 am 

Hopefully it was just a bad game to start the season but it does seem that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is on the verge of failing to improve like he needed to in year 3 and he should be competing for a starting job next year.

This is also why it was so dumb to trade up to make sure you got him. All first round quarterback picks are lottery tickets. Take the best one available with a first round consensus grade and cross your fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I get ya, Brick. I'm not sure who was worst last night, Mitch or Nagy. Mitch sure played like absolute dogshit, but he was set up to fail with at least a chunk of those offensive plays.

The offensive line also looked lost at times and didn't know what to do on some blitzes. Other times Mitch had a lot of time and either nobody was open, or he just didn't see the open man.

I'm not going to panic, but the last two games at Soldiers Field the Bears have scored one touchdown. That is troubling in the very least.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 am 

Mitch is a puppet with no original thoughts of his own. You see absolutely no creativity in his game. He does what he is told without consideration of a fluid situation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Maybe there’s something to having 12 college starts or whatever number that was .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 am 

Mitch staring down the receiver. Again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next