It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FavreFan wrote:
They’re definitely gonna need to reinvest in the position shortly.

This is likely correct. I'm rooting for the guy, but he's got an average arm, can't throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis (beyond 3-7 yards), and struggles with his reads. He lacks the talent and instincts to be a top-5 quarterback. At best, he maxes out as a (barely) top-10 QB. Is that good enough to win a Superbowl? Not in most years. So basically it's back to hoping we get lucky every year we waste with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky behind center.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is likely correct. I'm rooting for the guy, but he's got an average arm, can't throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis (beyond 3-7 yards), and struggles with his reads. He lacks the talent and instincts to be a top-5 quarterback. At best, he maxes out as a (barely) top-10 QB. Is that good enough to win a Superbowl? Not in most years. So basically it's back to hoping we get lucky every year we waste with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky behind center.

It depends on how bold Pace is willing to be. Nagy is good enough to mask his flaws while keeping the team competitive until they recoup the Mack picks. They’ll be in a position to draft his replacement in 2021 if they don’t give him a crazy dumb and extension.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
312player wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yup. As good as the offense was last year, that entire side of the ball needs to take a big step forward. Anthony Miller, Mitch, Kyle Long, whoever is the RB, all need to make some major progress and/or stay healthy in 2019.

I still think that their offensive line is the weak link and they should be looking into shoring it up with better tackles. Also, they have to get a better idea of how to incorporate Cohen into the offense as well as the tight end.

That ship has sailed. The tackles are both under 30 and signed to long term contracts. These are your guys for the foreseeable future.

I thought the tackles played better last year. They will always need help but I think they are league average quality.

It is my belief that the ills heaped on Howard were more correctly directed at the line. They became great at pass blocking but it seem to atrophy their previously great run blocking.

Cohen caught 71 passes last year. He's incorporated just fine. I expect the TE will collectively catch 100 receptions this year.

I want a blocking TE!

I think that the tackles are the weak spot of the offense. They basically have to game plan around their inability to run block with gimmick type shit and/or dedicating tight end to help. When you have to use gimmicks to gain a short yard for a TD or a key first down, your tackles aren't very good.

If the QB could throw down field accurately, the tackles n run game wouldn't be an issue.

What a bunch of crap. Last I heard, it is the tackles who are mostly responsible to protecting the quarterback on most routes downfield.

I find all of this (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hatred laughable. He, right now, is AT LEAST a top ten quarterback over-all in his third year. What the fuck do the Bears fans want? After a half a century just about in having mostly below average to really bad quarterbacks, the Bears get a guy who is a superior athlete and a bright future, and already these fans are looking for his replacement? Funny shit. I used to think that Bear's fans as a group were pretty smart and reasonable but doubt it now. I think a lot of them are delusional including you.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Agree.. he's not the guy

Hilarious. You agreeing with a Fudge Packer is price-less. It is the Packers who have the quarterback problem, not the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Agree.. he's not the guy

Hilarious. You agreeing with a Fudge Packer is price-less. It is the Packers who have the quarterback problem, not the Bears.

:lol:

Nah we’re good with a top QB of all time. Good luck with your Diet Josh Allen.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The Hawk wrote:
How many great quarterbacks are in the NFL now?

5 or so currently with a nice batch developing to take over the next era
The Hawk wrote:
Do you think that the Bear's receivers are a very good group? Do you think that our tight ends are better than average?

Very good? No. But they're a good group overall. Tight ends are fine. Again, you can't have All-Pros at every position. The salary cap doesn't let you accumulate talent.
The Hawk wrote:
And why do you throw in Cutler into the discussion? Cutler had better receivers than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had and he sucked as a quarterback. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, right now, is a much better qb than Cutler was.

I mention Cutler bc you're using the same excuses that were used for Cutler about poor weapons.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Hawk wrote:
312player wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yup. As good as the offense was last year, that entire side of the ball needs to take a big step forward. Anthony Miller, Mitch, Kyle Long, whoever is the RB, all need to make some major progress and/or stay healthy in 2019.

I still think that their offensive line is the weak link and they should be looking into shoring it up with better tackles. Also, they have to get a better idea of how to incorporate Cohen into the offense as well as the tight end.

That ship has sailed. The tackles are both under 30 and signed to long term contracts. These are your guys for the foreseeable future.

I thought the tackles played better last year. They will always need help but I think they are league average quality.

It is my belief that the ills heaped on Howard were more correctly directed at the line. They became great at pass blocking but it seem to atrophy their previously great run blocking.

Cohen caught 71 passes last year. He's incorporated just fine. I expect the TE will collectively catch 100 receptions this year.

I want a blocking TE!

I think that the tackles are the weak spot of the offense. They basically have to game plan around their inability to run block with gimmick type shit and/or dedicating tight end to help. When you have to use gimmicks to gain a short yard for a TD or a key first down, your tackles aren't very good.

If the QB could throw down field accurately, the tackles n run game wouldn't be an issue.

What a bunch of crap. Last I heard, it is the tackles who are mostly responsible to protecting the quarterback on most routes downfield.

I find all of this (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hatred laughable. He, right now, is AT LEAST a top ten quarterback over-all in his third year. What the fuck do the Bears fans want? After a half a century just about in having mostly below average to really bad quarterbacks, the Bears get a guy who is a superior athlete and a bright future, and already these fans are looking for his replacement? Funny shit. I used to think that Bear's fans as a group were pretty smart and reasonable but doubt it now. I think a lot of them are delusional including you.

Too 10? GTFO here. Baker Mayfield is better.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:45 am 

The Hawk wrote:
312player wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want a blocking TE!

Too 10? GTFO here. Baker Mayfield is better.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:39 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mayfield
Brady
Rodgers
Watson
Big Ben
Rivers
Wentz
Brees
Stafford
Ryan
Newton
Luck

All better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Vegan,

Trubinsky > Mahomes :P

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 am 

:lol: how could I forget that dude. I'm sure there's at least five people on this board who genuinely think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is better.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Given the Chiefs issues I would expect quite the Mahomes drop off this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 am 

pittmike wrote:

He'll be fine. Guy is electric and keeps plays alive. Replace Kelce and Hill with a folding chair and he'll still throw for at least 25 TDs.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
How many great quarterbacks are in the NFL now?

5 or so currently with a nice batch developing to take over the next era
The Hawk wrote:
Do you think that the Bear's receivers are a very good group? Do you think that our tight ends are better than average?

Very good? No. But they're a good group overall. Tight ends are fine. Again, you can't have All-Pros at every position. The salary cap doesn't let you accumulate talent.
The Hawk wrote:
And why do you throw in Cutler into the discussion? Cutler had better receivers than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had and he sucked as a quarterback. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, right now, is a much better qb than Cutler was.

I mention Cutler bc you're using the same excuses that were used for Cutler about poor weapons.

I am not making excuses for anyone. Cutler was not a good quarterback but he did have some very good receivers and running backs. I said that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is being unfairly attacked for supposedly not being an elite quarterback yet the same people attacking him are defending a bunch of average to below average receivers and a couple of marginal at best offensive tackles. I think that it is bullshit to lay this on a 3rd year quarterback.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:55 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Mayfield
Brady --- Old Man River
Rodgers --- Fragile as a China Doll
Watson --- Better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky
Big Ben --- Not better anymore
Rivers --- Nope
Wentz --- Be serious
Brees --- Better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky
Stafford --- Hilarious
Ryan --- Who?
Newton --- Ridiculous
Luck --- Better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky

All better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is easily a top ten over-all quarterback and at least top five in a young qb. Most of the Qbs on your list have very few years left in the game....as in Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Brady, Stafford, and Rivers.

The Bears are lucky to have a multi-dimensional YOUNG quarterback on board.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 am 

God that's the dumbest sports thing I've read on here in a long time. Thanks Hawk

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Seems pretty clear, this will be his second year in the system and he has all the weapons he could need. Plus he even gets the benefit of Brad Childress whispering in his ear. So barring a disastrous injury either he steps it up (which I believe he will) or the Bears need to start looking for a QB in next year's draft.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:03 pm 

a genius wrote:
Seems pretty clear, this will be his second year in the system and he has all the weapons he could need. Plus he even gets the benefit of Brad Childress whispering in his ear. So barring a disastrous injury either he steps it up (which I believe he will) or the Bears need to start looking for a QB in next year's draft.

This is true. Year 3 is vital. Needs to be better than last year.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 pm 

a genius wrote:

I would say they need to start working on QB anyway. I want them to always be grooming a starter. Instead, Nagy seems to want to give Daniel and Bray a job for life.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
good dolphin wrote:
a genius wrote:

I would say they need to start working on QB anyway. I want them to always be grooming a starter. Instead, Nagy seems to want to give Daniel and Bray a job for life.

Agreed, there should be a QB succession plan. And if the #2 cannot be held back then he becomes worthy trade bait. Ala the Patriots model.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
IIRC, Pace said it's a good idea to add a QB every year.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:14 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
IIRC, Pace said it's a good idea to add a QB every year.

maybe he meant adding old veterans with no upside other than having experience

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

God that's the dumbest sports thing I've read on here in a long time. Thanks Hawk

You obviously do not read your posts, then. All you do is to run down the Bears. You should really go to some Packer site where you might not be the dimmest bulb on the string like you are on this board.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:56 am 

I heard Defalco talking about this yesterday, I put ketchup, mustard and celery salt on my dog..nothing else.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your opinion is not backed up with actual facts. The guy, after all, made the Pro Bowl in his second year. He completed 2/3 of his pass attempts and his QB rating was 97. He also ran for almost 500 yards and extended a lot of plays with his mobility. And considering that he had to forget all of the shitty coaching he got his rookie year and relearn quite a bit of stuff, he is doing just fine.

I guess truthfully, I do not understand all of the criticism of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky by Bear's fans. Are the fans that turned off by the past performance by virtually every Bear's quarterback that they ever had that they automatically figure that any qb that they have will fail?

I am telling you and everyone else, that Mitch has a lot of upside. He's big and strong and runs like a good running back. I love qbs with good mobility and those able to throw on the run. He doesn't have a HOF arm but he can make all of the throws and with further seasoning will be a certain franchise qb. In fact, if I were Pace, I'd pen him to a long time deal and lock him up ASAP.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:51 am 

pittmike wrote:

Could be but he still is pretty special. As long as he doesn't sustain a bad injury he will be an all-pro caliber guy on a consistent basis.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:

This is true. Year 3 is vital. Needs to be better than last year.

Yes he does and I think that is his natural progression. They still could use a good tight end and a big receiver but they did upgrade their offense via the draft.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
a genius wrote:

Agreed. And this is a legit concern considering the style of play for the QB in this offense which pretty much guarantees taking hits a few times a game outside of what’s normal for a QB.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your opinion is not backed up with actual facts. The guy, after all, made the Pro Bowl in his second year. He completed 2/3 of his pass attempts and his QB rating was 97. He also ran for almost 500 yards and extended a lot of plays with his mobility. And considering that he had to forget all of the shitty coaching he got his rookie year and relearn quite a bit of stuff, he is doing just fine.

I guess truthfully, I do not understand all of the criticism of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky by Bear's fans. Are the fans that turned off by the past performance by virtually every Bear's quarterback that they ever had that they automatically figure that any qb that they have will fail?

I am telling you and everyone else, that Mitch has a lot of upside. He's big and strong and runs like a good running back. I love qbs with good mobility and those able to throw on the run. He doesn't have a HOF arm but he can make all of the throws and with further seasoning will be a certain franchise qb. In fact, if I were Pace, I'd pen him to a long time deal and lock him up ASAP.

Beyond talent most good young QBs are valuable because they're so cheap. That allows the team to spend high in other places to truly maximize the value of a cheap good QB. We don't know if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good at this time but yet you want to destroy the other part that makes him valuable (his low cap hit)? Why on earth would anyone do that?

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next