It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Melnati's
This article should be why.

Because it's the opposite of EVERYTHING Matt Nagy believes. And that's what we need to not waste a talented defense. We need the opposite of everything Matt Nagy believes in offensively. I can't put into words how much I DESPISE everything Matt Nagy believes about offensive football.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nt-7041766

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Matt Nagy(after this year) has 3 years left on this contract. The Bears aren't going to pay a coach to NOT COACH for three seasons. Carry on with your day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Please do not start a thread on every guy you think might be a candidate to be the next Bears coach.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
JeffGeorgeWorshipPodcast wrote:

Because it's the opposite of EVERYTHING Matt Nagy believes. And that's what we need to not waste a talented defense. We need the opposite of everything Matt Nagy believes in offensively. I can't put into words how much I DESPISE everything Matt Nagy believes about offensive football.

What is this based on? You randomly choose a 1st year offensive coordinator from a good team and say that he should be our head coach? Nagy still has years left on his contract and Roman was just promoted as OC in Baltimore this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:
Matt Nagy(after this year) has 3 years left on this contract. The Bears aren't going to pay a coach to NOT COACH for three seasons. Carry on with your day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 am 

When a football mind like superfanentertainment speaks you have to take it as 100% correct. I've heard superfanentertainment is in the running for a few NFL GM positions based on his comment history.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
When a football mind like superfanentertainment speaks you have to take it as 100% correct. I've heard superfanentertainment is in the running for a few NFL GM positions based on his comment history.
Who would have thought that superfanentertainment and immessedup17 would hold prestigious GM positions!

I still have hope for Nagy. I think it is legitimately shell shocked by the regression of his quarterback, and has had to limit his playbook to basically a pamphlet. It will be interesting to see how he finishes the year and what QBs he brings into camp next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I have way more faith in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky than I have in Nagy. The regression of the quarterback and the entire offense is on him. He's an awful play caller who doesn't trust his players and he is stubborn.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
I have way more faith in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky than I have in Nagy.
Nas. You went thru this with Rex. You went thru it with Cutler. At what point will you finally realize that enough is enough and Mitch isn't the guy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:

What is this based on? You randomly choose a 1st year offensive coordinator from a good team and say that he should be our head coach? Nagy still has years left on his contract and Roman was just promoted as OC in Baltimore this year.

You didn't do enough homework. This guy was Jim Harbaughs OC in 3 straight NFC Championship games.

Nagy won some games in Arena football, lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
I have way more faith in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky than I have in Nagy.
Nas. You went thru this with Rex. You went thru it with Cutler. At what point will you finally realize that enough is enough and Mitch isn't the guy?

I never liked Cutler. I was still pissed they moved Grossman. I'm still waiting until the end of the season before I decide. He's made progress the last 2 weeks. That's encouraging.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
He's made progress the last 2 weeks. That's encouraging.
Was the first half of the Eagles game encouraging? Was his two terrible 4th quarter turnovers against the Chargers encouraging? C'mon.

You didn't do enough homework. This guy was Jim Harbaughs OC in 3 straight NFC Championship games.
Which was five years ago. If your guy was that good, he would have been a head coach already, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:

Nagy won some games in Arena football, lol

Sorry, I will clarify.... I meant he is a first year OC with the Baltimore Ravens. Not first year OC over his career.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Caller Bob wrote:

This

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 pm 

Please let us not forget that he was FIRED as O.C. of the Buffalo Bills 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Was the first half of the Eagles game encouraging? Was his two terrible 4th quarter turnovers against the Chargers encouraging? C'mon.

If I only focused on the negatives I would never be encouraged by anything. I understand that you and others have already made your decisions and I absolutely respect that. I said that I would wait until the end of the season before deciding when the year started and I plan on doing just that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

You are the one who said Mitch has made progress (he hasn't) and were encouraged. I was simply pointing out that any slight "progress" he might have made was negated with two costly 4th quarter turnovers in a home game against a 2-5 West coast team. The first half of the Eagles game speaks for itself.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Which was five years ago. If your guy was that good, he would have been a head coach already, lol.

This.

Last edited by PortageP_Chi on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
Please let us not forget that he was FIRED as O.C. of the Buffalo Bills 2 years ago.

Please, let us not pretend he is a viable candidate as a head coach...I mean, nothing screams offensive juggarnaut like the 49ers of 5 years ago (defense and a run game, got deep playoff runs despite Kaepernick, not because of him) and the fucking Bills.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:46 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:

Please, let us not pretend he is a viable candidate as a head coach...I mean, nothing screams offensive juggarnaut like the 49ers of 5 years ago (defense and a run game, got deep playoff runs despite Kaepernick, not because of him) and the fucking Bills.

Not saying they were the best team around, but you are acting like the "fucking Bills" were a joke. He had a ton of offensive weapons to work with. Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:51 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:

Not saying they were the best team around, but you are acting like the "fucking Bills" were a joke. He had a ton of offensive weapons to work with. Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, etc.

Tyrod Taylor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:11 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:

I am not seeing your point. Colin Kaepernick was nothing special either. People give credit to Roman for Kaepernick`s emergence, so how is Taylor any different? Roman had the chance to do with Taylor in Buffalo, what he did with Kaepernick in SF.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Tell that to Vic Fangio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Tell that to Head Coach Vic Fangio.
your point?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:

Lol....yeah when Rex Ryan was doing ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING he could do to find a scapegoat to save his job.

But nice try.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Jim Harbaugh or Josh McDaniels

And they get full control, Ted Philips gets put on lockdown and does what he’s told -or he’s gone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Rex Ryan was doing ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING he could do to find a scapegoat to save his job.
You didn't do enough homework. Rex Ryan was a head coach in back to back AFC Championship games, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
NME wrote:
Jim Harbaugh or Josh McDaniels

And they get full control, Ted Philips gets put on lockdown and does what he’s told -or he’s gone

Why Jim Harbaugh?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:

I am not seeing your point. Colin Kaepernick was nothing special either. People give credit to Roman for Kaepernick`s emergence, so how is Taylor any different? Roman had the chance to do with Taylor in Buffalo, what he did with Kaepernick in SF.

Kaepernick sucked too.