It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I wonder if Ron Rivera will give him a shot at the starting job in Washington. I don't see many teams ready to hand the keys to old man Mitch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He'll get a backup deal somewhere if the Bears don't bring him back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He’ll start somewhere next year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:57 pm 

Hes a starter in the league for sure. Theres like 20 other bad qbs out there starting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
The Bears are the only team without a starting QB. Unless he comes back, he won't be starting next year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Not seeing it, unless he somehow ends up back with the Bears.

There’s only a half dozen teams (if that) in obvious need of a starting qb. A few of those will draft their guy and then you have a decent list of better-than-trubisky free agents.

I think he backs up somewhere and maybe plays well enough to get a shot on some third team, if he sees the field.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think the only place he starts is with the Bears. He'll be a backup anywhere else. But Mitch will be in the league for 15 years. He'll be one of those guys like Orton, Grossman and Mike Tomzack. Our QBs have always sucked. But they at least stay in the League a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:23 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

There’s only a half dozen teams (if that) in obvious need of a starting qb. A few of those will draft their guy and then you have a decent list of better-than-trubisky free agents.

I think he backs up somewhere and maybe plays well enough to get a shot on some third team, if he sees the field.

There’s no QB free agent better than Mitch this year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

There’s no QB free agent better than Mitch this year

Winston is probably better. Even though he's old, so is Fitzpatrick. But I agree. Mitch isn't too much farther behind them. They are all close.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:06 pm 

Fitz is about to retire and LOL @ saying a guy who threw 30 INTs in a season and got beat out by Taysom Hill is better than Mitch

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Fitz is about to retire and LOL @ saying a guy who threw 30 INTs in a season and got beat out by Taysom Hill is better than Mitch

Fitzmagic not retiring. Jameis sucks but is easily better than Mitch. Then you have guys like Brissett and Tyrod Taylor who are easily better than Mitch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

I'm just saying it's close. Yeah, after thinking about it I would take Mitch over Winston as well. Like I said, it's close between the two. 30 picks for Winston, but also 5,000 yards. Very few QBs have thrown for 5k.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Fitzmagic not retiring. Jameis sucks but is easily better than Mitch. Then you have guys like Brissett and Tyrod Taylor who are easily better than Mitch.

All accounts I’ve heard says Fitz is retiring.

Mitch is without a doubt better than Jameis. Regardless of luck or circumstance there’s not a chance in hell Jameis will ever lead a team to 12 wins. He went 7-9 with a SB caliber roster. We know that now.

If you think Brissett and Tyrod are better than Mitch you’ve lost me completely. You must think the Bears are one of the most talented teams in recent memory just being held back by one of the worst QBs in recent memory. I’ll have to question your judgment on these matters if you actually mean that.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm just saying it's close. Yeah, after thinking about it I would take Mitch over Winston as well. Like I said, it's close between the two. 30 picks for Winston, but also 5,000 yards. Very few QBs have thrown for 5k.

It’s not close really at all.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Mitch is without a doubt better than Jameis. Regardless of luck or circumstance there’s not a chance in hell Jameis will ever lead a team to 12 wins. He went 7-9 with a SB caliber roster. We know that now.

Rapoport reported this week he plans on playing.

In terms of Mitch v. Winston...could not disagree more. Winston is dumb, but capable. Mitch is dumb and incompetent. Comparing Winston’s performance with a mostly similar roster to a guy you’ve acknowledged is the GOAT is a touch unfair.

We’re not talking about good here. We’re taking about less bad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

In terms of Mitch v. Winston...could not disagree more. Winston is dumb, but capable. Mitch is dumb and incompetent. Comparing Winston’s performance with a mostly similar roster to a guy you’ve acknowledged is the GOAT is a touch unfair.

43 year old Brady is not the best QB of all time. Stop it.

And you said Tyrod and Brissett are better than Mitch. That’s just plain country stupid. I get you were frustrated with Mitch but acting like he’s Nathan Peterman undermines your argument, it doesn’t help it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

43 year old Brady is not the best QB of all time. Stop it.

And you said Tyrod and Brissett are better than Mitch. That’s just plain country stupid. I get you were frustrated with Mitch but acting like he’s Nathan Peterman undermines your argument, it doesn’t help it.

I think it’s more incumbent on you to explain why Mitch is better. Best I can tell you’re citing QB wins, which seems...misguided. Not clear to me why saying Mitch isn’t good = worse than peterman. I’m not sure how much Mitch you saw, but recent Brissett is better.

Yes, Brady’s not the best today. But I was sufficiently convinced this year that he maximizes a roster in a way nobody else ever has. That’s intangible of course, but that team revived MANY who’d fallen off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:13 pm 

It’s incumbent on me to explain why Mitch is a better QB than a guy who went 7-9 with a SB winning roster and threw 30 INTs and 7 pick sixes in one season? I mean... I know football and acknowledge what I’m watching when I see each player play. This is not much of a debate :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:20 pm 

Phillip Rivers was not good recently. Yet he took a team Brissett helmed and improved them drastically. You can mock QB Wins as much as you want but last I checked the object of football was to win the game, and Mitch is demonstrably better at that objective than Jameis and Brissett I guess dismissing that is really the only way you can go in pretending Jacobs Brisett is better than Mitch lol

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It’s incumbent on me to explain why Mitch is a better QB than a guy who went 7-9 with a SB winning roster and threw 30 INTs and 7 pick sixes in one season? I mean... I know football and acknowledge what I’m watching when I see each player play. This is not much of a debate :lol:

Yes, because you focus on the interceptions while ignoring 5k+ yards and 30+ TDs. He’s not good. But he can throw the ball. He’s an incompetent gunslinger.

I think you may be underestimating how terrible Mitch has been.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 pm 

This is essentially the exact same argument I had with veganfan last offseason when he swore up and down Foles was better than Mitch before admitting he was wrong after it was plainly obvious with them on the same team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Phillip Rivers was not good recently. Yet he took a team Brissett helmed and improved them drastically. You can mock QB Wins as much as you want but last I checked the object of football was to win the game, and Mitch is demonstrably better at that objective than Jameis and Brissett I guess dismissing that is really the only way you can go in pretending Jacobs Brisett is better than Mitch lol

It’s not overly complicated friend. A shitty, old Rivers > Brissett > Mitch.

It’s a continuum. All these guys are on the shitty end of the spectrum and the debate is who sits where.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Yes, because you focus on the interceptions while ignoring 5k+ yards and 30+ TDs. He’s not good. But he can throw the ball. He’s an incompetent gunslinger.

I think you may be underestimating how terrible Mitch has been.

I focus on interceptions because you can’t throw 30 of them including seven pick 6’s and be a winning team in this day and age. It really is that simple.

If you rooted for a team with Jameis for the past couple years instead of a team with Mitch you’d have the opposite opinion you currently do. You’re just going with the “literally anyone is better than Mitch” argument as evidenced by you pretending Tyrod and Brissett are better

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

It’s a continuum. All these guys are on the shitty end of the spectrum and the debate is who sits where.

Agreed, it’s not overly complicated. You’re pretending literally any name you can think of is better than Mitch which doesn’t jive with reality in any sort of way.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
This is essentially the exact same argument I had with veganfan last offseason when he swore up and down Foles was better than Mitch before admitting he was wrong after it was plainly obvious with them on the same team.

No, Foles was obviously worse than Mitch. They both sucked but in different ways. Under the circumstances Mitch was the better choice and I’m assuming I have some contemporaneous posts saying as much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Agreed, it’s not overly complicated. You’re pretending literally any name you can think of is better than Mitch which doesn’t jive with reality in any sort of way.

I’m not though. I gave 4 names. I’m not advocating for ‘any name’ over Mitch. I’m saying Mitch sucks in a way that places him firmly outside starting QB territory.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
I think the only place he starts is with the Bears. He'll be a backup anywhere else. But Mitch will be in the league for 15 years. He'll be one of those guys like Orton, Grossman and Mike Tomzack. Our QBs have always sucked. But they at least stay in the League a long time.

I see Mitch as more of an Orton guy than a Grossman guy. Neither Mitch nor Orton does anything spectacular, but they also don't burn the stadium down with interceptions. When Grossman was not going right, he was worse than a non-entity, it was like he was playing for the other team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I’m not though. I gave 4 names. I’m not advocating for ‘any name’ over Mitch. I’m saying Mitch sucks in a way that places him firmly outside starting QB territory.

You gave two names who are quite obviously worse than Mitch in Tyrod and Brissett. Your 3rd was Winston who is worse than Mitch for reasons I’ve already outlined. The 4th name you gave is a guy who’s retiring.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 pm 

I guess the best thing about this thread is we’ll find out very soon how NFL teams value these guys. Maybe you’re right and Jacoby does get a better offer than Mitch :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You gave two names who are quite obviously worse than Mitch in Tyrod and Brissett. Your 3rd was Winston who is worse than Mitch for reasons I’ve already outlined. The 4th name you gave is a guy who’s retiring.

No indication Fitz is retiring. Jameis is better than Mitch. Jacoby better than Mitch. Tyrod can’t stay healthy but prob better than Mitch.

I’m happy to agree to disagree until next season. I’ll maintain you may have not watched many full games from a Mitch-helmed team. Always happy to find an agreeable wager to resolve things one way or the other.