pizza_Place: John's
Terrible..I had no idea

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... KHQrNPNlOs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He looks fucking terrible.

Very sad to read.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's so sad. It's just the worst disease.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I watched the video and he seems in good spirits. Even said "I knew something would come back to haunt me"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
ugh...this is awful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Its pretty fucking awful, but I think Alzheimer's/Dementia might be worse. If nothing else when you are at the end with ALS, you know who is in the room with you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Its pretty fucking awful, but I think Alzheimer's/Dementia might be worse. If nothing else when you are at the end with ALS, you know who is in the room with you.

I would take the dementia - at least I wouldn’t know any better.

With ALS, you are eventually a prisoner within your own body. No, thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jonathan Toews wrote:
:shock:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Why is he not in the hall of fame? Looking at the numbers it seems he should of been a lock.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I kept hearing a rumor that he lives in Big Rock. My cousin had a farm down the road and said they thought he lived in the giant house with the giant drive and giant gate. I find that to be a very odd place for him to shack up.....then again doesn't George McFamily live out in Sycamore?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:26 pm 

Shocking. That seems to be a much quicker diminution than I have seen in people I knew who had it.

He was almost a stereotype of what a Bear defensive tackle would be. He certainly lived enough for 2 lifetimes.

I cannot believe he doesn't have enough money for his expenses or that the player's association isn't covering him in some way. It wouldn't be hard to trace this back to football.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
That was a tough read.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Pretty shitty that the McCaskeys aren't picking up the tab. I guess it's what you expect from such a garbage family.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:46 pm 

I think he lives and has a restaurant in Romeoville.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Pretty shitty that the McCaskeys aren't picking up the tab. I guess it's what you expect from such a garbage family.
Quote:
The McCaskey family has vowed to cover the cost of the fully loaded wheelchair McMichael needs.

“Bears fans should be proud of the way they’ve stepped up,” McMichael says. “In my entire life, I haven’t paid as much for a car as that thing is going to cost.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Quote:
The McCaskey family has vowed to cover the cost of the fully loaded wheelchair McMichael needs.

“Bears fans should be proud of the way they’ve stepped up,” McMichael says. “In my entire life, I haven’t paid as much for a car as that thing is going to cost.”

they paid for a wheelchair. He still has to do a GoFundMe for his actual medical expenses.

The McCaskeys are cheap bastards and it needs to be said.

He said the fans are the ones who really stepped up. He hasn't paid for a car because he gets them from dealers, just as many current players do. That's not the McCaskeys, that's the people who support the team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

I didn't know about the Chicago 6 band until this story. Walter seemed to be pretty good hitting the skins; https://vimeo.com/135632860

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Quote:

they paid for a wheelchair. He still has to do a GoFundMe for his actual medical expenses.

He said the fans are the ones who really stepped up. He hasn't paid for a car because he gets them from dealers, just as many current players do. That's not the McCaskeys, that's the people who support the team.

It could be an NFL policy as to avoid what happens when every former player comes out looking for the same deal for medical care that could be traced back to football.

If you can't trust the words from McMichael himself that the Bears have "stepped up" then I don't think anyone would convince you otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Of course the McCaskey's are terrible owners despite whatever Seacrest thinks or says, but the implication that they have simply said, "oh well too bad, Mongo," that Ogie presents seems to be untrue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
That was a tough read.

This.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:21 pm 

"The yearly cost of Radicava treatment is approximately $145,000, and every treatment infusion session costs around $1,000. However, personal treatment expenses for ALS patients do vary, and depend on whether or not they have health coverage, as well as the details of their insurance plans."

I'm sure the Bears will give him the 145k for the next 3 years. The idea that they are that cold is a bit silly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Quote:

That wheelchair purchase is a very important thing. The fans haven't really stepped up yet because the fundraiser was just announced; he was talking about the McCaskeys in that quote. Blame the NFL for slow-walking his "88 Plan" funding.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
"Sports Sunday", Sunday Nights on Channel 5 with Giangreco and Mongo back in the day was always the best

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Quote:

It could be an NFL policy as to avoid what happens when every former player comes out looking for the same deal for medical care that could be traced back to football.

If you can't trust the words from McMichael himself that the Bears have "stepped up" then I don't think anyone would convince you otherwise.

I'm really surprised that the player's association doesn't extend coverage along with the pension. They probably do. Would he have gotten denied?

This is a work related injury. Shakes, isn't this covered in some way?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Quote:

I'm really surprised that the player's association doesn't extend coverage along with the pension. They probably do. Would he have gotten denied?

This is a work related injury. Shakes, isn't this covered in some way?

He also wrestled in WCW; it might muddy up the responsibility in some people's eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:11 pm 

She couldn't resist taking a shot at him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
She said that!!?? Don't look now but here comes Jules with a "hold my XL Oberweis Cake Shake" tweet about him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
She said that!!?? Don't look now but here comes Jules with a "hold my XL Oberweis Cake Shake" tweet about him.

You don’t think calling your wife’s friends the Kotex mafia 30 years ago should go unpunished do you ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Odd part to me is accepting how old I am if he’s 63.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
She couldn't resist taking a shot at him

Just when I needed another reason to dislike that pompous fraud.