It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better be fields
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nagy is the best bet the Packers have for the Bears fucking this up. Here's to hoping he's got at least 2-3 more years with the beloved.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
FavreFan wrote:
Nagy is the best bet the Packers have for the Bears fucking this up. Here's to hoping he's got at least 2-3 more years with the beloved.

Watch the Northwestern and Indiana games. There is plenty there for Justin Fields to fuck up himself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
IkeSouth wrote:
week 14 and 15... two night games in a row.. packers and vikings... thats going to be field's real test

Any word if he has the nighttime diabetus?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
The Great Northern wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Watch the Northwestern and Indiana games. There is plenty there for Justin Fields to fuck up himself.

Injured his thumb on his throwing hand in the NU game. 18-30 300 yds with 2 TDs and 3 INT's in the win over Indiana. I feel much better with Fields than Mitch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:11 pm 

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... dding-day/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:21 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Injured his thumb on his throwing hand in the NU game. 18-30 300 yds with 2 TDs and 3 INT's in the win over Indiana. I feel much better with Fields than Mitch.

The bar has to be a little higher than Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

I've heard all the excuses for his poor performance in B1G last year. He was playing hurt? What do you think the pros do from about week four on? The NFL is the walking wounded by midseason, if you can't play hurt then you're out of the league.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Fields is already better than Mitch and he hasn't played a snap. As FF said, Nagy will be the biggest impediment to Fields success. Did Fields sit out the rest of the year? I have zero worries about how "tough" he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Peoria Matt wrote:
Fields is already better than Mitch and he hasn't played a snap. As FF said, Nagy will be the biggest impediment to Fields success. Did Fields sit out the rest of the year? I have zero worries about how "tough" he is.

Fields also has the confidence to tell Nagy to go fuck himself.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:59 pm 

thats the best part. the media is going to be on fields side, locally and nationally. i bet by end of season naggy is walking on eggshels

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IkeSouth wrote:
thats the best part. the media is going to be on fields side, locally and nationally. i bet by end of season naggy is walking on eggshels

Yeah. They've seen Fields play in college and recognize his generational talents. They're also aware of Nagy's piss poor track record in Chicago. Fields doesn't appear to be a diva either.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:34 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

A couple interceptions and the knives come out. Jay Cutler was a darling, see what happened to him? Either way the Bears are probably very comfortable giving Matt Nagy the Anthony Lynn treatment no matter how well Justin Fields plays. Its playoffs or bust for Nagy's job.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:36 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

The hype on Justin Fields has already reached heights that are probably going to prove an issue down the road. The reality is that Justin Fields probably sucks. Even if he doesn't suck it may take him a couple of three years to not suck. But these expectations have already been foisted on him that are probably very unrealistic.

The truth is right now he probably isn't that much better than Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. If he is great, nobody will be happier than I, but odds are he's probably not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The reality is that Justin Fields probably sucks.

He doesn't.

But the great thing about him is that he will have a bad game (and he will - more than one) and not listen to people say that he sucks because he knows he doesn't.

He's had the spotlight on him since he was 17, nationally, and performed at an elite level. He's not going to get rattled and he's already winning the team over which is what good leaders do. He's not a $1 million arm with a $0.10 head guy. He knows what he can do and, to this point, he has. I don't see a reason to think that would not continue.

He made plays in college against elite competition that were amazing to see for a guy his size. The speed he had. He looked like what Eric Dickerson would look like if he could also throw the ball 80 yards.

He's not perfect. But, he's already good and full of potential.

Some glasses are actually half-full.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'll take all of these plays, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOS3YXI6zBY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:08 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:

The hype on Justin Fields has already reached heights that are probably going to prove an issue down the road. The reality is that Justin Fields probably sucks. Even if he doesn't suck it may take him a couple of three years to not suck. But these expectations have already been foisted on him that are probably very unrealistic.

The truth is right now he probably isn't that much better than Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. If he is great, nobody will be happier than I, but odds are he's probably not.

Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was a Pro Bowl QB who made the playoffs 2 of 4 years.

That aside the reality of Fields is that he has been either 1 or 2 in the same class with Lawrence since he was in grade school. There is no hype in Chicago greater than what he has already experienced.

and please stop with questioning his toughness. Clemson, of course, dispelled any possible myth. The NU game he banged his hand on a helmet during a follow through. It wasn't a question of him being able to play hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:16 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

my personal favorite was #5

however, the #10, with the overcast skies made me get a longing for the college season to start

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:09 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

he does that thing where he throws a 40yd pass and its not 10yds over the guys head.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was a Pro Bowl QB who made the playoffs 2 of 4 years.

This is factually true but intellectually dishonest.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: Really.

Hopefully Fields beats that in year one. Be an All Pro and win a playoff game is a better Bears resume than Mitch.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:02 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The bar has to be a little higher than Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

I've heard all the excuses for his poor performance in B1G last year. He was playing hurt? What do you think the pros do from about week four on? The NFL is the walking wounded by midseason, if you can't play hurt then you're out of the league.

Is this meant to be a serious post? Go watch the playoff game against Clemson if you have any concerns at all about Fields toughness.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Is this meant to be a serious post? Go watch the playoff game against Clemson if you have any concerns at all about Fields toughness.

And go watch him against Northwestern and Indiana if you really think there aren't major flaws to his game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Your contention is that a 22 year old quarterback is not perfect? That's about an 8' diameter tree limb you're walking out on there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:

And go watch him against Northwestern and Indiana if you really think there aren't major flaws to his game.

I watched the Northwestern game. There's flaws in every prospect's game. Fields is, by any criteria a prospect can be judged on, one of the best QB prospects of the last five years. Saying otherwise is just nonsense that isn't supported by anything factual. Maybe the Bears ruin him, I wouldn't be surprised since their HC seemingly doesn't know shit about QBs, but hes about as good a prospect as you could ever hope for.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Your contention is that a 22 year old quarterback is not perfect? That's about an 8' diameter tree limb you're walking out on there.

He's more than not perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ok well he still seems to have all of the tools and all of the potential to be a legit franchise QB for MANY years. Time will tell if it pans out or not, but as FF said Fields is without a doubt one of the best true quarterback prospects to come through the draft in recent years. Even Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have/had flaws.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:39 pm 

just so we are all clear when we say the name "Northwestern" as a put down...Football Outsiders ranked them the #1 D in the country in 2020 and had a CB selected in the first round on pass defense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ok well he still seems to have all of the tools and all of the potential to be a legit franchise QB for MANY years. Time will tell if it pans out or not, but as FF said Fields is without a doubt one of the best true quarterback prospects to come through the draft in recent years. Even Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have/had flaws.

When's the last NFL prospect who was really held back by arm strength or lack of athleticism? Every quarterback who comes through the college ranks and rates a player worthy of first round pick has the physical tools to make it. Even the likes of Paxton Lynch and Jake Locker.

What it will come down to is Justin Fields ability to make reads and be accurate. The latter trait isn't a particular worry with Fields but the former one is. Its why he fell out of the top ten.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
just so we are all clear when we say the name "Northwestern" as a put down...Football Outsiders ranked them the #1 D in the country in 2020 and had a CB selected in the first round on pass defense

And they spanked Auburn in their bowl game.

But Fields against Indiana looked a lot like Dwayne Haskins against Purdue a few years before. Indiana got a lot of hype but they weren't that outstanding. Justin Fields will certainly be facing much better defenses in the pros and he won't have Ohio State's usual advantage at the skill positions over B1G defenders working for him any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:51 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

When's the last NFL prospect who was really held back by arm strength or lack of athleticism? Every quarterback who comes through the college ranks and rates a player worthy of first round pick has the physical tools to make it. Even the likes of Paxton Lynch and Jake Locker.

What it will come down to is Justin Fields ability to make reads and be accurate. The latter trait isn't a particular worry with Fields but the former one is. Its why he fell out of the top ten.

There are several videos out there that thoroughly debunk the idea that Fields somehow cant go through progressions.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Also ones that debunk any perceived lack of strength or athleticism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next