It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better be fields
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
Jacksonville is pretty good across the skill position players. I think Lawrence is every bit as good of a prospect as Luck. He is surrounded by offensive talent and Urban Meyer is a great coach. I think he is going to flourish almost immediately.

I haven't done a board bet in a while. Let's go.

I say TL's TD/Int ratio in year 1 is under 2.0.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Clawmaster wrote:
Should be able to tell after a few pre season games if he's able to run the offense. Remember hearing that they had to buy Mitch books on leadership, doubt they will need to do that for this kid.

We're entering into the good old potential franchise QB 2-3 year window, would expect all the corresponding highs and lows you get with a young QB, but not sure if we would recognize a franchise QB because we have never had one.

I don't think Mitch needed books on leadership. By all accounts he was a great leader and loved by his teammates. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky just wasn't smart enough and Nagy was unwilling to create a system to help (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky be successful. He wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to be Mahomes. Great news is that it appears that Fields is much smarter than Mahomes and he's a freakish athlete.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Should be able to tell after a few pre season games if he's able to run the offense. Remember hearing that they had to buy Mitch books on leadership, doubt they will need to do that for this kid.

We're entering into the good old potential franchise QB 2-3 year window, would expect all the corresponding highs and lows you get with a young QB, but not sure if we would recognize a franchise QB because we have never had one.

I don't think Mitch needed books on leadership. By all accounts he was a great leader and loved by his teammates. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky just wasn't smart enough and Nagy was unwilling to create a system to help (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky be successful. He wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to be Mahomes. Great news is that it appears that Fields is much smarter than Mahomes and he's a freakish athlete.

Ruining Fields will be Nagy's greatest accomplishment to date. It will be his magnum opus

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 pm 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

they both scored high. i wouldnt use a test to judge which is mentally better. fields seems a little more insane, i dont think i would try to fight him. mahomes seems harmless, hes just very elusive and accurate.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Has he been asked about his involvement in the "fucking the massage therapist at OSU" scandal yet?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Has he been asked about his involvement in the "fucking the massage therapist at OSU" scandal yet?

Surprising that we are seeing all these, "friends of the program", stories, this stuff has been going on forever in college athletics, seems that 18-19 year old males really appreciate the company of young females.

A better question might be how much of a pay cut Fields will have to take from his days at OHSU while on his rookie contract.

That said, this kid will own the city if he's successful, there has never been a franchise QB here, so at the very least he takes over those local awkward car ads from the English language challenged Cub players.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Clawmaster wrote:

Surprising that we are seeing all these, "friends of the program", stories, this stuff has been going on forever in college athletics, seems that 18-19 year old males really appreciate the company of young females.

A better question might be how much of a pay cut Fields will have to take from his days at OHSU while on his rookie contract.

That said, this kid will own the city if he's successful, there has never been a franchise QB here, so at the very least he takes over those local awkward car ads from the English language challenged Cub players.

She was 41. Im not sure what the actual problem is as she sought them out and not the other way around but possibly her giving the "free" massages.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:53 pm 

It seems pretty clear that you dislike Fields because he went to OSU.

Now all your statements on here make much more sense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 pm 

i like him even more now

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:
I’m not sold on Lawrence. I was pretty vocal predraft about Lawrence and Fields being grouped together in their own tier as prospects. That still holds true.

To your point, the actions and history of both franchises and their current coaching staffs would have me highly concerned for both reaching that potential.

Put me in the camp of those who question Lawrence at the next level -but not because I don’t think the kid has the talent. Like Fields, it’s all about who’s coaching him at the next level, and I have serious questions about Urban Meyer as an NFL coach. Even at the college level Meyer could be out coached.. but, he was a fantastic recruiter and was able to out-talent most teams.

Seeing what both Trevor and Fields can do skill wise, coaching is the only thing (outside of injury) that could really ruin them at this point. That’s my take anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I’m not sold on Lawrence. I was pretty vocal predraft about Lawrence and Fields being grouped together in their own tier as prospects. That still holds true.

To your point, the actions and history of both franchises and their current coaching staffs would have me highly concerned for both reaching that potential.

Put me in the camp of those who question Lawrence at the next level -but not because I don’t think the kid has the talent. Like Fields, it’s all about who’s coaching him at the next level, and I have serious questions about Urban Meyer as an NFL coach. Even at the college level Meyer could be out coached.. but, he was a fantastic recruiter and was able to out-talent most teams.

Seeing what both Trevor and Fields can do skill wise, coaching is the only thing (outside of injury) that could really ruin them at this point. That’s my take anyway.

Genuine question - who do you think was outcoaching Meyer in his college career?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Genuine question - who do you think was outcoaching Meyer in his college career?

No one if you count recruiting. A lot if you don't count recruiting.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Nagy wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to read the whole field rather than half of it, something (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky couldn't do consistently. That's why Lazor implemented the rollout offense in the second half of last season. You can beat mediocre teams with that kind of circumscribed scheme, but good defenses will easily dominate offenses with such obvious limitations.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Nagy wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to read the whole field rather than half of it, something (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky couldn't do consistently. That's why Lazor implemented the rollout offense in the second half of last season. You can beat mediocre teams with that kind of circumscribed scheme, but good defenses will easily dominate offenses with such obvious limitations.

That shouldn't be an excuse now.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
NME wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No one if you count recruiting. A lot if you don't count recruiting.

How would you explain his (early) success at Bowling Green and Utah?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

That shouldn't be an excuse now.

Fields showed he could read the whole field in college, especially towards the end of last season when he appeared to be making quicker decisions. If he regresses under Nagy, the blame has to go to the coach rather than the player.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Hate to say it, but already drinking the Kool-Aid. Fields looks/sounds way more polished early on than Mitch ever did during his time in Chicago.

Of course this will likely all be crushed once the season starts, but for the first time since the early days of Cutler there is hope that the franchise has actually finally figured out the QB1 position.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Ruining Fields will be Nagy's greatest accomplishment to date. It will be his magnum opus

I guess we will see if Nagy was the problem or Mitch was the problem. Of course, the answer could be both.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Nagy was CLEARLY the problem. It's possible that he has learned to not be so fucking stubborn, but I've seen nothing in 3 years to tell me that is the case. I know everyone wants to focus on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but literally every offensive player got worse outside of Allen Robinson under Nagy. That has to be an UNPRECEDENTED level of suckage.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
Nagy was CLEARLY the problem. It's possible that he has learned to not be so fucking stubborn, but I've seen nothing in 3 years to tell me that is the case. I know everyone wants to focus on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but literally every offensive player got worse outside of Allen Robinson under Nagy. That has to be an UNPRECEDENTED level of suckage.

Im no fan of Nagy or Pace, If Fields sucks it is on Nagy..hes got the tools to be a solid QB and most coaches could work with that. If he wants to mimic KC with no Kelce, a poor mans Hill in Mooney and a poor mans Reid in Nagy..it just isn't going to work.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:28 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Hate to say it, but already drinking the Kool-Aid. Fields looks/sounds way more polished early on than Mitch ever did during his time in Chicago.

Of course this will likely all be crushed once the season starts, but for the first time since the early days of Cutler there is hope that the franchise has actually finally figured out the QB1 position.

That’s an interesting comp . Cutler was a polished successful pro when he came and his tenure can certainly be described as underwhelming . Is the consensus really that this kid will be better than Cutler ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Im no fan of Nagy or Pace, If Fields sucks it is on Nagy..hes got the tools to be a solid QB and most coaches could work with that. If he wants to mimic KC with no Kelce, a poor mans Hill in Mooney and a poor mans Reid in Nagy..it just isn't going to work.

Right! There's not a player on the Bears roster as good as Kelce, Hill or Hunt.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:27 pm 

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

So you have changed your opinion on Fields 312?

Awhile back you said,

312player wrote:
Fields is a huge bust.. Anybody that takes that chump will regret it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:22 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jacksonville is pretty good across the skill position players. I think Lawrence is every bit as good of a prospect as Luck. He is surrounded by offensive talent and Urban Meyer is a great coach. I think he is going to flourish almost immediately.

I haven't done a board bet in a while. Let's go.

I say TL's TD/Int ratio in year 1 is under 2.0.

Stimulus checks have everyone on the board throwing down bets these days

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

You and I, we are romantics, willingly giving our hearts away, unafraid that it will get broken

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:27 am 

Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Awhile back you said,

312player wrote:

Alot of that was said in regards to FF and his lunacy of Fields going 2nd or 3rd. He went where I thought he would, Im not doing a 180 on him because he's ours now..he will be a slightly better Winston, I believe. Id still take Lance, Wilson and Laurence over him. Mac Jones doesn't belong in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:47 pm 

312player wrote:
he will be a slightly better Winston, I believe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 pm 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Awhile back you said,

312player wrote:

Alot of that was said in regards to FF and his lunacy of Fields going 2nd or 3rd. He went where I thought he would, Im not doing a 180 on him because he's ours now..he will be a slightly better Winston, I believe. Id still take Lance, Wilson and Laurence over him. Mac Jones doesn't belong in the NFL.

Idk man, you said he was a huge bust. That seems pretty clear and if he is a huge bust then he is not going to be slightly better than Winston.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Awhile back you said,

312player wrote:

Idk man, you said he was a huge bust. That seems pretty clear and if he is a huge bust then he is not going to be slightly better than Winston.

Bust might have been too strong of a word, would you call Winston a bust?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next