It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:46 pm 

i dont think anyone believes mitch gave us a better chance to win, ever, compared to what fields has already done, and it doesnt seem like hes even done that well so far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky definitely had better halves and games than Fields had in Pittsburgh. Fields is benefiting from being a rookie with a great college resume and the fact that no quarterback in his class is performing like Watson or Mahomes.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky definitely had better halves and games than Fields had in Pittsburgh. Fields is benefiting from being a rookie with a great college resume and the fact that no quarterback in his class is performing like Watson or Mahomes.

Maybe stats wise. He never looked as good. Not the same downfield command or consistency.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:01 pm 

yea and we all remember mitch's terrible accuracy. some throws were on, but most weren't, and a lot of them were horrible.

one thing fields is clearly leaps better at is getting the ball into a spot where his receiver might catch it, but the defender won't. he just needs to see the field quicker, which he is showing progress every game on. mitch took whole seasons to look better at that, and then by the next year he looked like a rookie again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:

Maybe stats wise. He never looked as good. Not the same downfield command or consistency.

He threw 5 touchdowns in a half.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:

He threw 5 touchdowns in a half.

Against a shitty Bucs team. And there were a few shuffle pass scores. Never saw Mitch throw guys open or throw downfield so accurately.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mitch also never demonstrated that he could excel against zone defenses, which confused him.

Fields' best game so far came Monday night against a zone defense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
It’s literally never occurred to me to give a shit about the size of a QB’s hands.

It is possible to overthink some of this stuff

I haven't thought about it either but apparently it's a big thing at the combines though. Even Kobe acknowledged the advantages of larger hands:

Quote:
"Michael was blessed with massive hands and Dr. J (Julius Erving) as well and some of these other players. I wasn’t. I have big hands, but (Jordan and Erving) can literally pick up the ball like an orange, so I’ve had to do things to strengthen my hands, strengthen my forearms to make sure I have that grip to be able to do it. They obviously had the natural capabilities to do it. I had to work to get that strength to be able to do it."

https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles/l ... f-the-rest

Jackson cited Jordan's hands as giving him a competitive advantage over Kobe when he was comparing the two:

Quote:
"[The winner] is gonna be MJ. He's got that hand, he's got the glove. When a guy can pick the ball up with one hand when he's dribbling, like you know Michael could do and do that and take the ball at the basket is very difficult."

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/phi ... ant-1-on-1

I can't find it but I remember hand size as being a concern when Tyson Chandler was being scouted. Who knows if he could have added another layer to his game if he had larger hands. Interestingly, it seems Jordan's hands were abnormally large for a person his size. He's got larger hands than Bol Bol, Gobert and other 7 footers, for example.

I'm not going to make some pronouncement on Fields being limited because of hand size, but I'll just say I understand why scouts would look into that kind of thing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Mitch also never demonstrated that he could excel against zone defenses, which confused him.

Fields' best game so far came Monday night against a zone defense.

I completely agree with this.

Speaking of the greatness of Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, he's the only quarterback in NFL history with 50 or more starts that has never thrown a pick 6.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:55 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
It’s literally never occurred to me to give a shit about the size of a QB’s hands.

I haven't thought about it either but apparently it's a big thing at the combines though. Even Kobe acknowledged the advantages of larger hands:

Quote:
"Michael was blessed with massive hands and Dr. J (Julius Erving) as well and some of these other players. I wasn’t. I have big hands, but (Jordan and Erving) can literally pick up the ball like an orange, so I’ve had to do things to strengthen my hands, strengthen my forearms to make sure I have that grip to be able to do it. They obviously had the natural capabilities to do it. I had to work to get that strength to be able to do it."

Jackson cited Jordan's hands as giving him a competitive advantage over Kobe when he was comparing the two:

Quote:
"[The winner] is gonna be MJ. He's got that hand, he's got the glove. When a guy can pick the ball up with one hand when he's dribbling, like you know Michael could do and do that and take the ball at the basket is very difficult."

I can't find it but I remember hand size as being a concern when Tyson Chandler was being scouted. Who knows if he could have added another layer to his game if he had larger hands. Interestingly, it seems Jordan's hands were abnormally large for a person his size. He's got larger hands than Bol Bol, Gobert and other 7 footers, for example.

I'm not going to make some pronouncement on Fields being limited because of hand size, but I'll just say I understand why scouts would look into that kind of thing.

That's a completely different sport and ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:09 am 

I think you're missing the point. It's about ball control - the more you can grip and manipulate a ball, almost any ball, the easier it's going to be for you to control the things you want to do with it. That's why scouts in both leagues emphasize hand size.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
I think you're missing the point. It's about ball control - the more you can grip and manipulate a ball, almost any ball, the easier it's going to be for you to control the things you want to do with it. That's why scouts in both leagues emphasize hand size.

I'm not missing anything. Someone who has 9+ inch hands won't have a problem controlling a football. The NBA ball is larger and used differently than a football. You simply can't compare the balls when discussing hand size.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jones is RoY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Jones is RoY.

Agreed, Jones does not have the arm talent or athleticism of Fields, but he shows an advanced ability to read coverages, and the coaching he is receiving is light years ahead of the gaggle of goofs coaching Fields.

Bears do seem to have something with Fields, but his and the franchises success over the next five to ten years are totally dependent on the upcoming HC/GM selection, and in my opinion the way overdue complete restructuring of the entire front office.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:03 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Jones is RoY.

Agreed, Jones does not have the arm talent or athleticism of Fields, but he shows an advanced ability to read coverages, and the coaching he is receiving is light years ahead of the gaggle of goofs coaching Fields.

Bears do seem to have something with Fields, but his and the franchises success over the next five to ten years are totally dependent on the upcoming HC/GM selection, and in my opinion the way overdue complete restructuring of the entire front office.

I don't think the restructuring - which has probably been a radio call talking point for the past two decades if not more - is coming anytime soon. My worry is the Bears are incompetent enough to bring in a new regime that decides it actually doesn't like Fields (shades of McDaniel and Cutler back in 2009), leading to yet another reset.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:51 am 

Ja'mar Chase is AFC offensive ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Fields QB rating back in the crapper again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Fields = top 3 QB on the field today

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:29 am 

The thing I notice the most is Fields inability to use his "generational" speed to scramble on 3rd and longs to get first downs. Yesterday it happened again. He's definitely not elite in that category.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:02 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Warming up this thread for 2023.

Jurko wants Fields and Flus back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:05 pm 

That would be a massive mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
blackhawksfan wrote:
The thing I notice the most is Fields inability to use his "generational" speed to scramble on 3rd and longs to get first downs. Yesterday it happened again. He's definitely not elite in that category.

blackhawksfan not happy to see this thread resurrected!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
LOL Yeah, it's called 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm hoping the kid starts week 1, but it's amazing how Bears fans are so desperate for a good QB that they can't keep things in perspective. Didn't they learn anything from the Mitch years?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I remember eating in downtown Chicago when MJ had a restaurant there and the menu's had a true to size copy of one of MJ's hands on the menu that they handed out. MY family and I were blown away by how big his hand was. I am 6'2" and could easily palm a basketball but his hand made my hand look tiny in comparison. What a mitt!!!

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6