It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
I go back to my default position that Fields isn't very good. He lacks basic football instincts about when to throw the ball and cannot avoid the rush well. That said, he didn't get help from the offensive line. The coaching was unprepared for the Bucs safety blitzes off left tackle. Of course, the Bucs were going to test Fields and blitz him.

I don't remember Fields attempting to throw downfield other than the interception throw. When your whole repertoire and offensive scheme is five yard dink passes, there's no hope against a team like Tampa Bay.

I'd cut Fields at this point, in that he can't throw for more than 100 yards in a game. There's no point in investing in him. Fire Pace and Nagy and start over. That's better than the alternative of staying with these idiots.

:lol:

Yes cut him by all means

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
I go back to my default position that Fields isn't very good. He lacks basic football instincts about when to throw the ball and cannot avoid the rush well. That said, he didn't get help from the offensive line. The coaching was unprepared for the Bucs safety blitzes off left tackle. Of course, the Bucs were going to test Fields and blitz him.

I don't remember Fields attempting to throw downfield other than the interception throw. When your whole repertoire and offensive scheme is five yard dink passes, there's no hope against a team like Tampa Bay.

I'd cut Fields at this point, in that he can't throw for more than 100 yards in a game. There's no point in investing in him. Fire Pace and Nagy and start over. That's better than the alternative of staying with these idiots.

Yes cut him by all means

Craig Krenzel had a higher rating with the Bears (52) than Fields against Tampa (44.3).

I'm not in favor of keeping anyone who can't play in the NFL. I've seen enough already.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Cut him? They're going to waste 4 years defending him like they did with Mitch. It boggles my mind that Bears fans are investing so much into this guy. The Bears have never drafted and developed a great QB. I'll buy it when I see it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Yes cut him by all means

Craig Krenzel had a higher rating with the Bears (52) than Fields against Tampa (44.3).

I'm not in favor of keeping anyone who is bad at football.

I've never met you, but I believe that you are Dignified.

And with a thought like this, you are most definitely a Rube.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Cut him? They're going to waste 4 years defending him like they did with Mitch. It boggles my mind that Bears fans are investing so much into this guy. The Bears have never drafted and developed a great QB. I'll buy it when I see it.

Which is why they should hire Garrett as HC, who drafted and developed Prescott. He also had another good QB in Romo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: you do realize if the Bears were to cut Justin Fields right now, they would incur a cap HIT of 15 million dollars?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Every other team in the NFL would put in a waiver claim.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am 

:lol: hire garrett and cut fields. Rube has all the answers

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: you do realize if the Bears were to cut Justin Fields right now, they would incur a cap HIT of 15 million dollars?

Not the first time. Otherwise you're looking at another lost three to four years and all Bears fans become Packers fans because they won't be able to take the misery.

I don't want to bring in another HC and have him be wed to Fields. He should be free to draft or bring in his own QB.

The defense is salvable. The offense with exception of a few guys needs to be rebuilt. That's the path forward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not the first time. Otherwise you're looking at another lost three to four years and all Bears fans become Packers fans because they won't be able to take the misery.

I don't want to bring in another HC and have him be wed to Fields. He should be free to draft or bring in his own QB.

The defense is salvable. The offense with exception of a few guys needs to be rebuilt. That's the path forward.

I really don't think you understand. The Bears, currently, have 3 million dollars of cap space, meaning they CANNOT cut him as doing so it would put them 12 million dollars OVER the cap. I am worried about Fields but please research the salary cap before you post such drivel.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
wasn't Wade Deadpool Wilson the Cowboys QB coach forever and ever? And then Kellen Moore after Wilson retired worked with Dak until Moore took over as OC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 am 

Fields will be pretty good. However, it's obvious that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't the issue either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is simply silly to say cut him. This year is a sunk cost. The only thing possible to make waves is fire Nagy now and make the DC interim. Then find the right coaches off season.

Of course the Bears do not do that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Fields will be pretty good. However, it's obvious that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't the issue either.

Yep!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:47 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I really don't think you understand. The Bears, currently, have 3 million dollars of cap space, meaning they CANNOT cut him as doing so it would put them 12 million dollars OVER the cap. I am worried about Fields but please research the salary cap before you post such drivel.

Bob, if they cut him, the entire amount owed to Fields does not all come forward. They can pro-rate his $11 mil. signing bonus over four years. I doubt there would be takers for his contract in a trade, but you can try.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Bob, if they cut him, the entire amount owed to Fields does not all come forward. They can pro-rate his $11 mil. signing bonus over four years. I doubt there would be takers for his contract in a trade, but you can try.

This is a bad bit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
This is a bad bit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:08 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You have no idea how the salary cap works.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
:lol: :lol:

This thread is full of absolutely awful football thoughts.

Can a moderator pin it to the top of the Bears section so we can continue to laugh at it as Fields ascends through the NFL QB ranks? Thanks!

Here's another sign of Fields' ongoing and rapid development from the Steelers game:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Congrats on our first round pick hitting a wide open receiver .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:

Have you ordered your Justin Fields jersey yet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I love your conviction, Rogue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:55 am 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Can a moderator pin it to the top of the Bears section so we can continue to laugh at it as Fields ascends through the NFL QB ranks?

He does have room to ascend...currently only Zack Wilson has a lower QB rating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Cam Heyward got hurt and didn't return for the 2nd half. There was zero pass rush once he left and the coverage was atrocious. Watt was not the same guy without him. The wr's would make one move and separate and there was no safety help at all. I see most people are crowning Fields but that looked like he was running the Ohio State offense vs Rutgers. No pass rush and wr's open by a good 5-10 yds. 35 for Pitt is hopefully out of work after that game. The throw to old man river graham was in a very tight window but the rest looked like a typical OSU game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:35 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Cam Heyward got hurt and didn't return for the 2nd half. There was zero pass rush once he left and the coverage was atrocious. Watt was not the same guy without him. The wr's would make one move and separate and there was no safety help at all. I see most people are crowning Fields but that looked like he was running the Ohio State offense vs Rutgers. No pass rush and wr's open by a good 5-10 yds. 35 for Pitt is hopefully out of work after that game. The throw to old man river graham was in a very tight window but the rest looked like a typical OSU game.

Now nitpick opponent personal for every other Quarterback in the NFL, what a dumb fucking take :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Just go and enjoy your Rutgers slayer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:42 am 

And you enjoy your Jason Campbell 2.0 next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
LOL :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next