It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Cam Heyward got hurt and didn't return for the 2nd half. There was zero pass rush once he left and the coverage was atrocious. Watt was not the same guy without him. The wr's would make one move and separate and there was no safety help at all. I see most people are crowning Fields but that looked like he was running the Ohio State offense vs Rutgers. No pass rush and wr's open by a good 5-10 yds. 35 for Pitt is hopefully out of work after that game. The throw to old man river graham was in a very tight window but the rest looked like a typical OSU game.

I loved that beautiful incompletion Love threw to Adams. Aikman got on Love for being "inaccurate" but we all know that's irrelevant.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Can a moderator pin it to the top of the Bears section so we can continue to laugh at it as Fields ascends through the NFL QB ranks?

He does have room to ascend...currently only Zack Wilson has a lower QB rating.

And do you think he's going to stay there?

In your estimation, what does the future hold for Fields?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Cam Heyward got hurt and didn't return for the 2nd half. There was zero pass rush once he left and the coverage was atrocious. Watt was not the same guy without him. The wr's would make one move and separate and there was no safety help at all. I see most people are crowning Fields but that looked like he was running the Ohio State offense vs Rutgers. No pass rush and wr's open by a good 5-10 yds. 35 for Pitt is hopefully out of work after that game. The throw to old man river graham was in a very tight window but the rest looked like a typical OSU game.

Yup, Mooney was wide open on this easy throw. You really know your football!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He made a nice throw to ARob on that long completion .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:35 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
He made a nice throw to ARob on that long completion .

:lol:

Come on, rouge. I know you think he's a bust but you can think he did well and believe he's a bust at the same time. For example, that throw to Graham with two guys in his face was the shit.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Note the leap the Bears offense has taken in the past two weeks. It will be interesting to see what they can do against the Ravens, who also will be coming off of an extended rest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I like how he rolled to his left and threw Mooney open. It reminded me of Joe Montana finding Dwight Clark in the back of the endzone.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:46 pm 

Before this week it was hard to separate Lawrence, Wilson and Fields. Maybe Wilson as worst with Fields a close second. I don't watch Jaguars games but I don't think Lawrence has has done anything like what Fields did in the second half. Correct me if I'm wrong. So perhaps Lawrence and Fields are tied for second, or maybe fields is slightly ahead, with Jones being first so far for the rookies this season.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't think Mac has been spectacular, but he clearly has been the best because of coaching and his ability to see the field. The past 2 weeks from Fields probably moves him to 2nd. Lawrence and Wilson have absolutely sucked despite getting every rep with the #1's on offense. Trey Lance looks like he's going to need to sit for the next 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
I don't think Mac has been spectacular, but he clearly has been the best because of coaching and his ability to see the field. The past 2 weeks from Fields probably moves him to 2nd. Lawrence and Wilson have absolutely sucked despite getting every rep with the #1's on offense. Trey Lance looks like he's going to need to sit for the next 3 years.

Trevor's mostly been fine. He looks how you expect a rookie QB with an overmatched coach and bad roster to look.

Wilson looks irredeemable.

Fields will end up as the best QB of this class.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Can a moderator pin it to the top of the Bears section so we can continue to laugh at it as Fields ascends through the NFL QB ranks?

He does have room to ascend...currently only Zack Wilson has a lower QB rating.

And do you think he's going to stay there?

In your estimation, what does the future hold for Fields?

Middle of the pack QB, maybe top 7-10 if everything works out and he doesn't get injured. Won't be as good as Russell Wilson or Mike Vick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm 

Why not? Honest question. Interested in your reasoning.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:42 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I think his hands are undersized, which will make him prone to fumbling and not allow him to be in that top tier of arm talent which requires large hands and a strong grip.

He doesn't seem to have the elusiveness of Wilson as far as never taking a direct hit.

Finally, I think there are reasons he wasn't taken until 11th in the draft, and I don't think Pace outsmarted anyone. Clearly he came from a top program and had outstanding performance in college in the biggest games...which makes you wonder why he wasn't drafted higher. After he beat Clemson, I was one of the few people saying he should go higher than Lawrence. And I stand by that -- but that's partly because I don't think Lawrence is good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think his hands are undersized, which will make him prone to fumbling and not allow him to be in that top tier of arm talent which requires large hands and a strong grip.

He doesn't seem to have the elusiveness of Wilson as far as never taking a direct hit.

Finally, I think there are reasons he wasn't taken until 11th in the draft, and I don't think Pace outsmarted anyone. Clearly he came from a top program and had outstanding performance in college in the biggest games...which makes you wonder why he wasn't drafted higher. After he beat Clemson, I was one of the few people saying he should go higher than Lawrence. And I stand by that -- but that's partly because I don't think Lawrence is good.

I just want to be clear on what you're saying: His hands are too small to be an elite thrower? Is that right?

Doesn't Fields have basically the same size hands (9.25 in) as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers (9.38 in)?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Russell Wilson is 5'9" and about 200 lbs and he ran a 4.55 40. Justin Fields is 6'3 and about 240 and he ran a 4.4 40. Fields size and speed makes him more than capable of taking hits and eluding would be tacklers. Fields has essentially the same size hands as Patrick Mahomes and no one believes hand size has taken away from Mahomes arm talent. The same is true for other future HoF players. The size of Justin Fields hands won't be the reason he misses the HoF.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:18 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Doesn't Fields have basically the same size hands (9.25 in) as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers (9.38 in)?

If that's the case, I take it back...9.25" is pretty big. I assume that's from tip of thumb to tip of pinky with hand spread as wide as it goes? I thought I had larger hands, and I am less than 9".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:32 pm 

NFL teams notoriously fuck up the draft every single year but we’re pretending this past year they all of a sudden all knew what they were doing?

If anything, the Jets passing on Fields is a point in his favor, not a negative.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What about cock sizes?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Google says 9 1/8 for hands.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Google says 9 1/8 for hands.

OK, assuming that's true, his hands are .233 inches smaller than Brady's and Rodgers.

Does anyone think that will be the deciding factor in determining whether he turns out to be an elite QB or not?

Incidentally, Mike Vick's hands measure 8.5 in whereas the legendary Jim Druckenmiller has the largest hands for a QB in NFL history at 11.25 in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:16 pm 

It's an interesting debate.

Quote:
Small-Handed Quarterbacks Who Excel

There are some quarterbacks with small hands who have bucked the trend to play well in the NFL, too. But as I studied those quarterbacks, it became clear that the majority have one thing in common—mobility. Some of the top small-handed quarterbacks to play in the past decade include Michael Vick (historically small 8.5-inch hands), Colin Kaepernick (9.13 inches), Robert Griffin III (9.5 inches), Daunte Culpepper (9.5 inches), Aaron Rodgers (9.38 inches), and Tony Romo (8.86 inches).

All of those passers are either runners or have well above-average mobility in the pocket. Romo is the least athletic by far, but even he has been able to work wizardry in the pocket at times to buy time for receivers.

Thus, I think what we’re seeing here is that quarterbacks either need to have above-average hand size or above-average mobility to ultimately do what passers need to do to win—deliver the football with accuracy. If you aren’t going to be able to stand in the pocket and consistently throw the ball accurately like Peyton Manning, you better be able to move around, buying time to make those throws easier.

When quarterbacks have both traits—like Russell Wilson, for example—it’s perhaps a really strong sign that they’re going to perform above expectations in the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/exploring- ... --nfl.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... -calendar/

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:

There are some quarterbacks with small hands who have bucked the trend to play well in the NFL, too. But as I studied those quarterbacks, it became clear that the majority have one thing in common—mobility. Some of the top small-handed quarterbacks to play in the past decade include Michael Vick (historically small 8.5-inch hands), Colin Kaepernick (9.13 inches), Robert Griffin III (9.5 inches), Daunte Culpepper (9.5 inches), Aaron Rodgers (9.38 inches), and Tony Romo (8.86 inches).

All of those passers are either runners or have well above-average mobility in the pocket. Romo is the least athletic by far, but even he has been able to work wizardry in the pocket at times to buy time for receivers.

Thus, I think what we’re seeing here is that quarterbacks either need to have above-average hand size or above-average mobility to ultimately do what passers need to do to win—deliver the football with accuracy. If you aren’t going to be able to stand in the pocket and consistently throw the ball accurately like Peyton Manning, you better be able to move around, buying time to make those throws easier.

When quarterbacks have both traits—like Russell Wilson, for example—it’s perhaps a really strong sign that they’re going to perform above expectations in the NFL.

Legendarily mobile QB Dan Marino has 9.125 in hands.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:29 pm 

It’s literally never occurred to me to give a shit about the size of a QB’s hands.

It is possible to overthink some of this stuff

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Was it Dave Krieg with the notoriously small hands?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:

how are 'credited' journalists so stupid? the average hand size in US is 7.6 for males. the smallest hand he mentioned is far over that, showing that everyone he is taking into account is well over average. furthermore, it would only make sense that hand size effectiveness would correlate with the size of the NFL football. of which again, everyone he mentioned has hands well equipped to handle that size ball, so how the fuck does that statistic matter in any sense?

this article is as significant as a covid statistic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kevin Fishbain wrote:
Fields has already tied Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s total of 20-plus pass plays from 2020, and he’s five away from passing Nick Foles. His passes are averaging three more air yards per attempt than both quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:09 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Kevin Fishbain wrote:
Fields has already tied Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s total of 20-plus pass plays from 2020, and he’s five away from passing Nick Foles. His passes are averaging three more air yards per attempt than both quarterbacks.

A lot of that’s on Nagy. He seems perpetually terrified of his QBs making him look bad

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Why are we talking about small hands when we should be talking about short memories. Let us go back in time to Mitch's rookie year as well as his first year with Nagy. Fields has been a turnover machine as well as a tackling dummy in the backfield. As Tom Kiefer once said "you don't now what you got till its gone, you pretend your new piece is better than the last even if you're wrong"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Why are we talking about small hands when we should be talking about short memories. Let us go back in time to Mitch's rookie year as well as his first year with Nagy. Fields has been a turnover machine as well as a tackling dummy in the backfield. As Tom Kiefer once said "you don't now what you got till its gone, you pretend your new piece is better than the last even if you're wrong"

Mitch never looked like Fields did in Pittsburgh. Fields is showing more than Mitch ever did.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Mitch is a pro bowl QB that has thrown 6 TD's in a single game. Show the man some respect!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next