It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Fields staying put. Bears saying it was all a work to troll Bears fans and bid up the price for the 1st overall, Warner Wolf reporting:

Anyone saying anything about a haul today is insane. The Bears allowed all but 2 teams to fill their quarterback position. They've murdered their own market or leverage if they were going to trade the pick. They aren't trading the pick to retain a player that no one wants.

That guy should stick to being a serial killer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Fields staying put. Bears saying it was all a work to troll Bears fans and bid up the price for the 1st overall, Warner Wolf reporting:

Anyone saying anything about a haul today is insane. The Bears allowed all but 2 teams to fill their quarterback position. They've murdered their own market or leverage if they were going to trade the pick. They aren't trading the pick to retain a player that no one wants.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Hussra.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Hussra.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Poles botched this, IMO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Poles botched this, IMO

Should have traded him for a 4th like I said last month.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
collusion !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Bagels wrote:
collusion !
Drew Lock to the Giants. This is definitely collusion. Call Johnnie!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
well i think the giants are now going to draft WR and kick the QB can down the road another year. After the Vikings trade up with the chargers or the cards, should be some good players available at 6.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:11 pm 

If the Bears best offer was a 4th round pick then it's not a big deal they played poker and lost. 4th round picks are good picks if the player ends up making a roster after year 2. Of course every so often they hit but it's not like there is a massive value missed out on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Poles botched this, IMO

I'm not even convinced they received a trade offer of a 4th round pick.

The word "Cult" surrounding Fields apologists is quite appropriate.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
man of few opinions wrote:
well i think the giants are now going to draft WR and kick the QB can down the road another year. After the Vikings trade up with the chargers or the cards, should be some good players available at 6.

I mean, Daniel Jones proved he can be an effective to really good qb in this league . There’s nothing with giving him another year to see if he can be as good as he was after an injury filled year last year.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Florio made a good point on the DP Show this morning. At this point why not just hang on to Fields until after day 1 of the draft to see if a team didn't get a QB they wanted and are more willing to do a deal. If not, hold on to him until Sept/Oct when a starter somewhere inevitably gets injured. Fields is obviously better than 95% of the backup in the league and the Bears would get calls.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:59 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Florio made a good point on the DP Show this morning. At this point why not just hang on to Fields until after day 1 of the draft to see if a team didn't get a QB they wanted and are more willing to do a deal. If not, hold on to him until Sept/Oct when a starter somewhere inevitably gets injured. Fields is obviously better than 95% of the backup in the league and the Bears would get calls.

he'd become a cancer in the clubhouse if you keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:07 pm 

Franky T wrote:
F. Fields is obviously better than 95% of the backup in the league .

What is the basis for this assertion? Chicagoans keep asserting it even after the past few days strongly suggest team decision makers don't think he's worth expending mid round draft capital to acquire.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I don't know if there's any word or evidence of Fields being a bad teammate. There's no market for him, so you keep him for the 4th year....let him be a backup. He walks at the end of the season. Regardless of the starting / drafted QB....I'm fine with Fields as a backup.

Now....if word gets out there was ever a trade offer on the table for 2nd round or 1st round trade for Fields...heads have to roll.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:21 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Poles botched this, IMO

I'm not even convinced they received a trade offer of a 4th round pick.

The word "Cult" surrounding Fields apologists is quite appropriate.

I think early in the process they did receive an offer and Poles held out for a 2nd or higher.

Media was reporting a 1st for Fields. Never listen to the media. Then Fields cap number came out and that didn't help his trade value.

Poles made Carolina look like chumps last year. I don't think anyone wants to be the next Carolina.

Either that or they are trading the pick and keeping Fields next year. Would explain why they fired Getsy and kept everyone else. Why they havn't gone balls out in Free Agency this year. Saving it to sign Justin next year?

Do we really believe Justin is worse than Winston, Minshew, and Lock? No, so something else has to be factoring into why he has not been traded.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

At the draft combine, Poles mentioned wanting to resolve the Fields situation as soon as possible, but then the Caleb Williams meeting that was supposed to be after the draft was postponed until the end of March. If the reporting today is right, Poles wants to be 100% certain on Caleb before trading Fields (which seems odd unless Williams is the only player whom Poles would move on from Fields with), but won't have that level of confidence until after that meeting later in March.

So, if the above is correct, Poles is now waiting on Fields while the rest of the league moves on.

If this is accurate, that seems like a horrible decision by Poles, assuming there was a trade market for Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Juiced wrote:
Either that or they are trading the pick and keeping Fields next year. Would explain why they fired Getsy and kept everyone else. Why they havn't gone balls out in Free Agency this year. Saving it to sign Justin next year?

Do we really believe Justin is worse than Winston, Minshew, and Lock? No, so something else has to be factoring into why he has not been traded.

They can't get Caleb's medicals until next week

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I don't know if there's any word or evidence of Fields being a bad teammate. There's no market for him, so you keep him for the 4th year....let him be a backup. He walks at the end of the season. Regardless of the starting / drafted QB....I'm fine with Fields as a backup.

Now....if word gets out there was ever a trade offer on the table for 2nd round or 1st round trade for Fields...heads have to roll.

i'm sure he's been a great teammate, but if you draft his replacement and make him the backup i'm guessing that might change :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juiced wrote:

He’s definitely worse than two out of those three without question.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:05 pm 

Bagels wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

i'm sure he's been a great teammate, but if you draft his replacement and make him the backup i'm guessing that might change :lol:

what would that do for him with free agency looming?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:07 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I would think nothing, they will understand why he wasn’t happy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Fields is obviously going to win a Super Bowl as a starter. All he needs is a better coordinator and talent around him. It’s just that no one but Jason Goff can see it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

so he'll be a good solider, ok
do you really think keeping him around while having Caleb is smart?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I would think nothing, they will understand why he wasn’t happy.

I agree with you Hawg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm 

who cares if hes happy or not. he got 3 years to make a name for himself and he didnt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Lombardi today on Fields :

" I've never seen a more delusional evaluation of a player in all my life"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I doubt Caleb Williams will be fine with Fields as a backup, and keeping him obviously amounts to sowing the seeds of locker room division should Williams get off to a rocky start. All things considered, keeping Fields may be the single worst sports suggestion in the history of the board.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pm 

ShortTimeLurker wrote:

Still some delusion on this board and on the radio.

Parkins/Speegs: he's obviously a starting QB in this league

Board: he's definitely better than Minshew and Winston

Both are wrong per the numbers, conventional and advanced. It's not like he's light-years behind Minshew but he is behind. So I don't know what the outrage about Minshew is about - he actually plays QB better than Fields despite being less talented trait wise.

I think the guys fields is definitely better than (for now) are guys like Ridder, O'Connell, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones. Guys like that, but that's about it. I don't know about drew lock or darnold. So still some delusion in the waters, Lombardi is right.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
veganfan21 wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

Still some delusion on this board and on the radio.

Parkins/Speegs: he's obviously a starting QB in this league

Board: he's definitely better than Minshew and Winston

Both are wrong per the numbers, conventional and advanced. It's not like he's light-years behind Minshew but he is behind. So I don't know what the outrage about Minshew is about - he actually plays QB better than Fields despite being less talented trait wise.

I think the guys fields is definitely better than (for now) are guys like Ridder, O'Connell, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones. Guys like that, but that's about it. I don't know about drew lock or darnold. So still some delusion in the waters, Lombardi is right.

You sure about Zach?
Look at the numbers including 4th Q

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next